Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Bethesda developer on the FO fans reaction

Briosafreak

Augur
They do know, here`s a quote from the SA thread made by the Bethesda guy:
Based on the fact that I had to keep this secret, you can trust that even if I knew any details on the project, I wouldn't really be able to talk about them. I imagine at some point, we're going to be doing some hiring. I also imagine a lot of decisions are going to be made - some of which I have no doubt will piss people off.

They know what those decisions are, they just don`t want to "piss people" for now. personally i am getting pissed with them, and i never had a problem with Bethesda. Although i do prefer Gothic2 to Morrowind :)

Nightjed

Liturgist
plin said:
It's all 100% speculation, we don't have anything decided". And you (whatever fans) throw a shit storm.
The pessimism, the insults, the conslusion jumping is so fucking rediculous.

Actually, nothing is doomed except for the stupid fan's disposition.
Right, its all speculation, why ?, because there is absolutely no information about it, wtf did they even announce it if they have nothing ?, they went looking for some easy hype without any anti riot weapons, what did you expect ?, and after a ton of "good ideas" that got fans screwed over and over again of course they are going to be pessimistic about it

errorcode

Liturgist
first, consoles are not the horror story they once were to PC gamers. Most consoles are becoming mini-PCs anyway and the leaked specs on the Xbox 2 rivals most PC gamers home rigs. Most consoles also support USB keyboards and USB mouses. Consoles are not nearly as restrictive as they used to be.

Plus, i don't think many folks can argue that the console version of Morrowind strayed from the PC version. (not that i'm arguing that it's a good game, just that it was ported to console really well) So, what the big deal what platforms they decide to go with?

As to it being 2/3 isometric, they may not decide on how they're going to do the perspective until well into the dev cycle. Nearly all FPS engines now can support top down, third person, or 2/3 isometric views with little to no difficulty. it's just a matter of camera POV placement. Just look at the Source engine in Vampire: bloodlines or check out the Alien Swarm mod for Unreal Tournament 2004 to see how a FPS engine can be used to create games with differing camera perspectives.

plin

Liturgist
Walks with the Snails said:
Yeah, it's kind of odd sometimes. I think the legend of the Fallout fanatics has finally outstripped the reality. You walk in expecting to see something, you antagonize everyone, you get hit back, then you chuckle that's what you expected all along. Well, no shit. It's the same thing we see every 2 weeks when some dimwit who heard from some dude at some forum somewhere that everyone at RPG Codex is just an unjustifiable asshole and then for whatever reason comes here loaded for bear thinking he's the shit, flames everyone without provocation, then wonders innocently why he's not well-received. Kind of like plin here now griping at everyone for being childish when 90% of his posts from the past few days have just been rather mindless 1-liners calling everyone idiots. You could disappear and the quality of the discussion wouldn't really go down much. Nice hypocrisy there, not that we're not used to that. This whole mess would probably have calmed down long ago if it weren't for the constant egging on like that.

And they have said a few things that would give one a bit of pause "we're sticking with what we know best, this isn't going to be isometric, etc." Just what is anyone supposed to think of that? In the absence of news, this whole tempest in a teapot will die off soon anyway, but why is it not legitimate to comment on what's been said so far?

Hmm, no, sorry. It would be hypocrisy If I make fun (use those one-liners your're talking about) of some anal, arrogant assholes on a message board and then started complaining about them doing the same to me. It's not the same thing bud. But if the quality of the serious discussions that I actually contribute to are worse because of me, then fine. I should leave so the codex will be a one sided biased shit fest.

plin

Liturgist
Seven said:
plin said:
umm, he started? ...right

Anyways, what does this mean: " he was going to show them in the office later"

I don't understand.

You're a fucking idiot if you don't understand. You've got the nerve to defend this jackass, and now you're asking for clarification.

Shut the fuck up.

Seven

Erudite
xJEDx said:
plin said:
edit: oops, nothing to see here
Funny thing is, that pretty well sums up any of your posts.

Yeah, right now he's become an Elara wannabe. We all remember how she whored out for FO: POS, now this little dipshit's trying to do the same thing only no one cares because his opinion's meaningless. Oh BTW, where's Elara now? :roll:

disapointed

Novice
I have been reading the codex news and forums for several months now.

I respected the opinions put forward here and I assumed the median age was
somewhat akin to my own.

Up until I have not posted, I never saw the need as my opinion was always
expressed by another.

Now I finally post, as although Plin and errorcode have already stated what
I am gonna say they are too few among the many.

Shut up and read what you have been posting for the last couple of days because
it is pathetic. As fans of the fallout universe on a fairly high profile website
you are in a position to have an effect on the direction of the Fallout3 project.

but keep going this way and Bethesda are likely to ignore anything you have to say
and make the turd you so obviously fear.

Jed

Cipher
plin said:
But if the quality of the serious discussions that I actually contribute to are worse because of me, then fine. I should leave so the codex will be a one sided biased shit fest.
No, stay and be our martyr!

errorcode

Liturgist
plin, yer not helping the arguement here.

i respect your desire to get folks to give Bethesda a shot, but this ain't the way to go about it.

Jed

Cipher
disapointed said:
but keep going this way and Bethesda are likely to ignore anything you have to say and make the turd you so obviously fear.
Great logic there: when the game ends up being a fucking FPS-with-stats (Fallout 3: STALKER, Jr.) it will be our fault. Yes, of course, you are so right. It will have nothing to do with Bethesda sticking with what they know, which they have already said they will do.

"Disapointed" has two Ps.

Nightjed

Liturgist
errorcode said:
first, consoles are not the horror story they once were to PC gamers. Most consoles are becoming mini-PCs anyway and the leaked specs on the Xbox 2 rivals most PC gamers home rigs. Most consoles also support USB keyboards and USB mouses. Consoles are not nearly as restrictive as they used to be.
didnt they say they would use 256mb of ram for the xbox 2 ? yeah, that really sounds like a rival against current 1 gb ram pcs (and that will probably grow to 2 gbs soon), the xbox 1 allready has a lot of problems with the lack of ram, they never learn

errorcode

Liturgist
i'm just saying arguing is fine, but only berating just fans the flames. Read a post, get riled up about, take a second to collect yer thoughts, then post a sound (or at least thought out) arguement.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
A Fallout fan said:
I also need to find time to play through Fallout 2 now, which is a game I never got to. Don't know when the hell that's going to happen, as I'm a little behind on work as it is.

I love shit like this, Super Mutant-Paladin/ Necromancers and Epic Levels HERE WE COME!!!!!!

plin said:
Hmm, no, sorry. It would be hypocrisy If I make fun (use those one-liners your're talking about) of some anal, arrogant assholes on a message board and then started complaining about them doing the same to me. It's not the same thing bud.

It's hypocrisy because you're complaining about people being childish and insulting when you're one of the worst culprits.

But if the quality of the serious discussions that I actually contribute to are worse because of me, then fine. I should leave so the codex will be a one sided biased shit fest.

Sorry, but you've pretty much been a "one sided biased shit fest" all your own. And I think you're overestimating the value of your "contributions". But hey, idiots just tend to get piled on rather than banned here, so if you just like getting your rocks off playing out your martyr complex, nobody's going to stop you.

Mech

Cipher
Nightjed said:
plin said:
It's all 100% speculation, we don't have anything decided". And you (whatever fans) throw a shit storm.
The pessimism, the insults, the conslusion jumping is so fucking rediculous.

Actually, nothing is doomed except for the stupid fan's disposition.
Right, its all speculation, why ?, because there is absolutely no information about it, wtf did they even announce it if they have nothing ?, they went looking for some easy hype without any anti riot weapons, what did you expect ?, and after a ton of "good ideas" that got fans screwed over and over again of course they are going to be pessimistic about it

Bethesa didn't want to announce it! Interplay announced who they sold the right to and Bethesda didn't have a choice about the matter. So before you all bitch and complain about why they announced it, IT WASN'T THEIR CHOICE.

Nightjed

Liturgist
Mech said:
Bethesa didn't want to announce it! Interplay announced who they sold the right to and Bethesda didn't have a choice about the matter. So before you all bitch and complain about why they announced it, IT WASN'T THEIR CHOICE.
they agreed to interviews didnt they ? a lot of interviews i might add

edit: and wth are you looking for fights here ?, just state your thoughts, no reason to insult

Seven

Erudite
disapointed said:
I have been reading the codex news and forums for several months now.

I respected the opinions put forward here and I assumed the median age was
somewhat akin to my own.

Up until I have not posted, I never saw the need as my opinion was always
expressed by another.

Now I finally post, as although Plin and errorcode have already stated what
I am gonna say they are too few among the many.

Shut up and read what you have been posting for the last couple of days because
it is pathetic. As fans of the fallout universe on a fairly high profile website
you are in a position to have an effect on the direction of the Fallout3 project.

but keep going this way and Bethesda are likely to ignore anything you have to say
and make the turd you so obviously fear.

What they offer and what we want are two very different things, and if you think that any news site has ever gotten a say in the direction of a gaming project without having to sell out then you're wrong. Plus the most that gamimg sites get are exclusives, not a say in the direction of development. This, what's happening right now is what's going to impact the direction of development.

This community that Bethesda's chosen to be little has existed for a long time, we've seen FOT, FO: POS, but no FO3; the reason for this is that the industry thought that it knew best. Well, FOT flopped because of word of mouth from us, FO: POS was doomed from the get go because of us, and now Followind will flop because of us unless Bethesda can prove that they are worthy of making FO3. It's very simple: WE HAVE TO GIVE NO ONE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, NOR SHOULD WE BE EXPECTED TO; THEY MUST PROVE THEMSELVES WORTHY OR FAIL.

plin

Liturgist
Walks with the Snails said:
plin said:
Hmm, no, sorry. It would be hypocrisy If I make fun (use those one-liners your're talking about) of some anal, arrogant assholes on a message board and then started complaining about them doing the same to me. It's not the same thing bud.

It's hypocrisy because you're complaining about people being childish and insulting when you're one of the worst culprits.

Sorry, but you've pretty much been a "one sided biased shit fest" all your own. And I think you're overestimating the value of your "contributions". But hey, idiots just tend to get piled on rather than banned here, so if you just like getting your rocks off playing out your martyr complex, nobody's going to stop you.

I never said anything about childish here. And it's all fine and dandy, but my hypocrisy doesn't make any of you any better.

And I don't believe I have ever stated I thought my "constributions" meant anything here. I never asked if anyone would stop me, and what's this martyr complex you speak of? Bowing out of a discussion when I'm not wanted?

Seven

Erudite
Nightjed said:
Mech said:
they agreed to interviews didnt they ? a lot of interviews i might add

edit: and wth are you looking for fights here ?, just state your thoughts, no reason to insult

Damn, and despite not saying anything they did manage to piss off the fanbase with their intent to do a FPS Followind that's like the other crap that they cranked out.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
And? they'll ignore me? r00fles! Bethseda has been ignoring me for 20 years now. They've ignored me everythime they've made a game. every single time. Why should I all of asudden think that'll change and listen to what i want as they have ignored me for 20 years. I repeat, they have ignored me for 20 years and that ain't gonna change just becuase they got the FO license. R00fles!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom