Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda answers questions and calms fears

Excrément

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
Shagnak said:
Is this really worthy of a news post? :?
No idea. You decide.

It does show the official reaction (lockdown) and tells you something about the game. In other words, if Bethesda had something to show to deal with a lot of negativity, they would have.

it's not a lockdown it's a PR campaign.
fuck, they do what they want, they have their own PR strategy, you have your own strategy with AoD.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Of course they can do whatever they want. It's their right and nobody is taking it away from them. Commenting on what they do is *our* right.

As for your "it's a PR campaign!" claim, I see it for as FTP - Fuck The Public - campaign.

Excrément

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
Of course they can do whatever they want. It's their right and nobody is taking it away from them. Commenting on what they do is *our* right.

As for your "it's a PR campaign!" claim, I see it for as FTP - Fuck The Public - campaign.

you are in a company, you are trying to launch a new product, don't you find it normal that the CEO or the marketing direction want to control the communication about your new product?
do you have an employee working for you for AoD? Won't you be pissed off, if one of your employeees began to speak about your game without your authorization or unveiling everything?

Globbi

Augur
Vault Dweller said:

Fucking is also a kind of relation, so PR is ok.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Excrément said:
you are in a company, you are trying to launch a new product, don't you find it normal that the CEO or the marketing direction want to control the communication about your new product?
Control the communication? Sure. Refusing to communicate is just dumb though.

do you have an employee working for you for AoD? Won't you be pissed off, if one of your employeees began to speak about your game without your authorization or unveiling everything?
Are we talking about unveiling everything or even showing more stuff though? We are talking about commenting on a recently released article and, hopefully, calming people down and explaining a few things.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Excrément said:

True. But then, if all their communication amounts to "sorry, we can neither confirm nor deny that the information given in the article is 100% accurate and representative of our game", it wouldn't be much better.

Not that I find their secrecy - when compared to, say, Josh's open relationship with Fallout fans during Van Buren's development - an acceptable method of public relations and fan interaction, but they probably wouldn't give us any information regardless.

Excrément

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
Excrément said:

fuck, the game is coming in one year and a half, they have all the time they want to talk about the VATS thing.
they don't have to order to the 10 jerk fans from NMA or the Codex. they don't give a fuck about you and me.
since when NMA or Codex are supposed to be the official fallout forum where one thread out of 3 is "give me info give me info, give me info, I don't want to do my homework I want a flame debate because I don't have any social life"?

Data4

Arcane
So, has the shitstorm officially kicked off? I've never played the Fallouts, nor have I dipped a finger into any of the Fallout communities. I do know that the fanbase is pretty adamant, and that a shitstorm was anticipated the closer more information about the game came out, so...

Is this it? How are the other communities taking it? Are there people who once were convinced that Bethesda would fuck over the franchise that are now drinking the Koolaid, or are people calling for heads to roll? I'm just curious.

Excrément

Arbiter
Data4 said:
So, has the shitstorm officially kicked off? I've never played the Fallouts, nor have I dipped a finger into any of the Fallout communities. I do know that the fanbase is pretty adamant, and that a shitstorm was anticipated the closer more information about the game came out, so...

Is this it? How are the other communities taking it? Are there people who once were convinced that Bethesda would fuck over the franchise that are now drinking the Koolaid, or are people calling for heads to roll? I'm just curious.

read the thread, you'll have your answer Jon:
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19181

aries202

Erudite
Bethsoft seems always to have done this, at least since MW was released. They behave like the three monkeys in Chinese Mythology (look it up, dudes)
and is clammed like an oyster. So far, no one has gotten an answer as to how VATS will play in the game's combat. The confusion is all over the BGSF boards and forums :huh: --- especially when it comes to the VATS combat system and some other (new) things...

The Information in the Game Informer article isn't guiding information, it is more designed to be misleading info, raising more question than it answers...

Black

Arcane
Baphomet said:
The curmudgeon in me knows it doesn't matter what information or how much information Bethesda Softworks decides to release, the result will always be the same.

Funny, because I don't think that if Beth said "Ah, screw Oblivion, we'll make something like Van Buren but better" the results would be the same.
Ofc that will never happen and is just stupid hope but still...

Baphomet

Scholar
By "result" are you talking about the finished product or about the way game developer PR bullshit is mystically transformed into interwebs inanity? I'm coming from column b; if Todd Howard released a statement saying he had eggs for breakfast everyone would be talking about the difference between posuer eggs and real ones.

Black

Arcane
I was talking about people's reaction. Now with this GI article it's even worse than before.
I'm not saying that we should trust beth because they're full of dung.

aries202

Erudite
Kotario said:
Minor update, in the Meet the Devs thread:
VXSS said:
When will you all be allowed, if at all, to comment on this months feature in GI?

Most likely never. We give magazines the information to give to you all so that we don't have to. Allows us to keep working.

Yes, that's all fine and dandy :) But when the aticle(s) in game magazines such as Game Informer stirr up more question than it answers, especially about the combat system, then at least Todd or Pete (PR) Hines should be able to talk about this, to clarify how VATS work exactly. Todd being executive producer (and boss of sorts?) can talk about this, if he wants to do so, right??

Bt the looks and sound of the GI article, Todd probably wrote the design docs for Bethsoft's Fallout 3 himself...

Texas Red

Whiner
They cant comment on the article that covers their game?

[Wisdom] The free market has definitely failed.

Fez

Erudite
NMA backed out to avoid being blacklisted then?

Section8

Cipher
Kotario said:
Minor update, in the Meet the Devs thread:
VXSS said:
When will you all be allowed, if at all, to comment on this months feature in GI?

Most likely never. We give magazines the information to give to you all so that we don't have to. Allows us to keep working.

So in other words, if we want Fallout 3 info, we have to buy magazines. That's mighty generous of Bethesda to give the gaming press a leg up. Luckily, the gaming press have too much integrity to even consider returning the favour by giving generous reviews.

Kotario

Liturgist
Both NMA and DaC inquired about sending representatives to attend Bethesda's Fallout 3 press event, unsurprisingly both websites were turned down.

psycojester

Arbiter
I loved the Bethstapo cocksucking from Ice Vixen at the end of that thread

Since folks tend to take everything a dev says as absolute truth and fact of what the game will turn out to be. Then save those posts up and later post them out of context, even knowing some of what they said was true yet later removed from a game with full disclosure of that to the fans. And then they use that as evidence of the devs lying, they don't talk anymore about what is in the game, what they are working on or what they think about what they are doing.

Only the fans to blame for this stance

EVERYTHING IS THE CODEX FAULT!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom