Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

http://borderhouseblog.com/?p=7966

Let me come out with it now: my favorite Final Fantasy characters tend to be the classic cheerful and energetic archetype, like Aeris, Selphie, and Vanille. It’s usually because I bring a lot of myself into games, and want to relate to someone in a fantasy world. Before I really looked into gender studies, I didn’t realize how problematic these characters were in respect to women’s portrayal in games overall. While I have that perspective now, I still look back at my connection to them with fondness. It wasn’t until recent conversation with peers that I tested my defense of these women; their reception is mostly negative or dismissive because they are seen as hyperactive and hyper-feminine, perceived to serve the very narrow interests of hegemony.
I have no words.

Eh, having not played 13 I have no idea about Vanille, Selphie was indeed borderline retarded in her perkiness ('Trains trains trains I fucking love trains~"), but Aeris was pretty far from hyperactive, hyper feminine, cheerful and energetic. There must be some quality brainwashing in those gender studies.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
My gaming tastes were partly defined after I gained my first CRPG as a gift shortly after gaining my first PC, when I was 10 years old. The game was Betrayal at Krondor, the first CRPG I played.

I pity those who had Final Faggotry instead.

:M
That is extremely lucky.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
First cRPG? Might & Magic VIII... I think...
Not sure though... maybe it was...
DINK SMALLWOOD

Anyone else played that shit? :obviously:
It was shit indeed, and the developers didn't even pretend it's not a joke. But in retrospect I think it was more fun, memorable and challenging than some recent Bioware and Bethesda games :obviously: .

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
First cRPG? Might & Magic VIII... I think...
Not sure though... maybe it was...
DINK SMALLWOOD

Anyone else played that shit? :obviously:
It was shit indeed, and the developers didn't even pretend it's not a joke. But in retrospect I think it was more fun, memorable and challenging than some recent Bioware and Bethesda games :obviously: .
The new hiking simulator isn't bad.
:hearnoevil:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I don't remember my first cRPG but it was probably Ultima 5 which I played on my neighbor's Mac. I was pretty bad at it but I liked the music a lot.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Albion, Daggerfall and Diablo short after they were released. Those games were on the same CD if you know what I mean [cool]. Too bad I was too underaged back then to fully understand how to play this shit.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert

Let me come out with it now: my favorite Final Fantasy characters tend to be the classic cheerful and energetic archetype, like Aeris, Selphie, and Vanille. It’s usually because I bring a lot of myself into games, and want to relate to someone in a fantasy world. Before I really looked into gender studies, I didn’t realize how problematic these characters were in respect to women’s portrayal in games overall. While I have that perspective now, I still look back at my connection to them with fondness. It wasn’t until recent conversation with peers that I tested my defense of these women; their reception is mostly negative or dismissive because they are seen as hyperactive and hyper-feminine, perceived to serve the very narrow interests of hegemony.
I have no words.

Eh, having not played 13 I have no idea about Vanille, Selphie was indeed borderline retarded in her perkiness ('Trains trains trains I fucking love trains~"), but Aeris was pretty far from hyperactive, hyper feminine, cheerful and energetic. There must be some quality brainwashing in those gender studies.
I'm fairly certain that those Borderhouse lunatics aren't actual academics. The bullshit they so often spew is so hilarious. Or maybe it's just Kwa. The genderstudy/sociology people from my university certainly aren't anything like these people Hoopy digs up.

My first RPG was Dungeon Master. FTL FTW!
The first one? Mine was Pool of Radiance on C64. DM was my second, on Atari ST.

Angthoron

Arcane

I have no words.

I'm fairly certain that those Borderhouse lunatics aren't actual academics. The bullshit they so often spew is so hilarious. Or maybe it's just Kwa. The genderstudy/sociology people from my university certainly aren't anything like these people Hoopy digs up.

Dunno, I've met plenty of retards from sociology/gender studies. Takes a certain mindset.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom