Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Lemming42

Arcane
I posted a bunch of Fallout "confessions" from tumblr the other day, and it went down well so enjoy some Elder Scrolls confessions.
Before we start, note that "long time players", to these people, means "people who played Oblivion". Arena and Daggerfall go completely unmentioned, and Morrowind only comes up rarely.

tumblr_mmwul1b8KI1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_muguounEx61r6qglpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0l8deJUMP1rlsw1co1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwx2i2vt8M1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnqd4hK4XF1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

Now prepare for some completely baffling ones:
tumblr_mrzv0w8UIz1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mp5aumXSGS1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
I posted a bunch of Fallout "confessions" from tumblr the other day, and it went down well so enjoy some Elder Scrolls confessions.
Before we start, note that "long time players", to these people, means "people who played Oblivion". Arena and Daggerfall go completely unmentioned, and Morrowind only comes up rarely.

tumblr_mmwul1b8KI1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_muguounEx61r6qglpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0l8deJUMP1rlsw1co1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwx2i2vt8M1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnqd4hK4XF1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

Now prepare for some completely baffling ones:
tumblr_mrzv0w8UIz1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mp5aumXSGS1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

fucking kids.

How can you be nostalgic for a game if you haven't even played it? :retarded:

Like the guy in the next confession, he probably just means it feels as if he's already familiar with the place, which is understandable since the location is meant to invoke that feeling. Like say, a "retro" level in a Super Mario game. Nostalgia is now a buzzword that can mean any sort of fuzzy feeling.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Maybe that's why BTE went downhill, and is no longer amusing screencaps of derp from ESF, BSN, GameFAQs, etc., paired with the occasional Meltdown-dump. Codex now produces its own BTE-worthy material on a daily basis.

People seriously discussing the 'complexities' of ME plot and the indoctrination theory on the Codex. How times change.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe that's why BTE went downhill, and is no longer amusing screencaps of derp from ESF, BSN, GameFAQs, etc., paired with the occasional Meltdown-dump. Codex now produces its own BTE-worthy material on a daily basis.
Well it does it in the BTE too, so that's a convenient shortcut.

Lemming42

Arcane
Chump gets tortured by Lou and captured in Mariposa, can't get out, throws a fit and decides to play Fallout 3 instead.
Granted the Mariposa escape wasn't Fallouts' finest moment and there should have been at least one alternate way out, but holy shit what a baby this guy is.
And check out his Megaman avatar. If you can handle the NES Megaman games, then surely you can handle running/sneaking/fighting your way past one goddamn Super Mutant.
HF6G5oV.png

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The faggots at BSN are at it again...
4ZfYb7N.jpg

OH SHIT
What really surprised me about the whole thing was that I was the only one calling him out on this shit at first and a few people even chimed in to mention how they thought the IT was a legitimate theory. I almost gave up on the thread completely.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
We need a new forum, where we can create a new BTE dedicated to making fun of all the stupid and inane shit posted on the Codex.

And we can also unban MHC there.

AngryKobold

Arcane

This is not an RPG. This is a choose-your-path adventure book, with failures at every turn. I don't care what the manual says. If the game requires you to take yourself out of the experience and manage a dozen save files, guess what? It's a bad game. This is fact. Managing saves is not a fun activity. It does not constitute a game. Therefor, it does not belong.

Replacing "Fallout" with "Age of Decadence" turns it into a reasonable criticism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom