Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Sim/Management games?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
As I've mentioned, I started playing 1404 Venice and I really like the game and that type of game in general. At various points I have played Startopia, the Dungeon Keepers, and Theme Hospital. I plan on trying out SM's Railroads (unless someone says one of the other Tycoon games is better) and one of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games (most likely the most recent). I'm not familiar with the genre in general so I'm sure there's plenty of series and so on I don't even know about.

I'm not looking for 4X games even though they're similar.

edit- I've played Spore and Tropico 3 and thought they weren't fun

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Patrician games? I pciked up Patrician 3 quite some while ago when it was on sale, enjoyed it quite a bit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Rollecoaster Tycoon is p. fun, I played it a lot.

There's Caesar III too, it has war missions but you can choose to just ignore them if I remember correctly.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll add another vote to Roller Coster Tycoon. I don't recommend the sequels, though. It's been several years, but I tried the third game and I remember thinking it lacked the charm that made the original fun.

There's also the SimCity games. SimCity 3000 is the best in the series, at least IMO.

I love simulation games, but I've always had difficulty finding good ones.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dungeon Keeper and Theme Hospital are and will be the best. Football Manager is nothing short of excellent. The old Railroads (can't remember the full title) is pretty good too.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
t6ug09.jpg

toilet-tycoon.jpg

Radech

Augur
Angthoron said:
Transport Tycoon, or rather, OpenTTD, for fuck's sake.

http://www.openttd.org/

+1

most fun you can ever have constantly adressing chokepoints - start out slow and simple with a few a-b railways and planes to keep your economy afloat, then start making stupid challenges to yourself(I prefer limiting my self to one or two dropoff stations(factories), and trying to connect all the resources to it), that's when the game gets deliciously frustrating :P

another favorite would be settlers 2(or the remake widelands, haven't played it much though), the logistics part is somewhat simpler, but here you also have to generate enough resources so you don't just stockpile tonnes of unprocessed goods or waste precious farmlands on idle forges. Oh and there's also some combat involved I've heard :P

the world needs more chokepoint alleviating sims...

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
DWARF FORTRESS (have patience with the interface, you will be rewarded handsomely)

princess maker 2

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Europe 1400 - The Guild.
The best economic micromanagement game by far. The sequel is something else though.

Renegen

Arcane
Europa 1400 - The Guild is a good suggestion. A very original game that was so original it surprised me. The Guild 2 - Renaissance is mostly the same with better graphics, I find The Guild 1 lacks some polish and production values.

If you like Railroad Tycoon and Transport Tycoon, I strongly recommend Trade Empires, made by Frog City. It's just better.

And since we're going way back, play Motor City. A car building management sim, very fun and addictive.

Phelot

Arcane
Medieval Lords is like a cross between sim city and Ceasar

Exmit

Scholar
I won't be original

Rollercoaster T
OpenTTD
Theme Hospital
Dungeon Keeper

If you like hard-frustrating game, there is also p.good Constructor.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
RK47 said:
sgc_meltdown said:
princess maker 2

:smug: I've fathered many daughters in that game. Sweet weaboo RPG.

Great game that is fits just right on the Codex but is maligned because it's Japanese. Heck, we even have avatars for Doom and Duke Nukem 3D but not Princess Maker 2.

:rpgcodex:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Princess Maker 2 had 40+ ending too...and that's quite an awesome goal in itself...raising your daughter, and turning her into a real princess..

I was so happy when my daughter who was a simple novel writer was finally married to the Prince. *Sniff*

Happy Times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom