Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best looking Codex approved RPG on max settings

Saxon1974

Prophet
Ok Codex Bros,

What would you say is the best looking Codex approved RPG graphics wise with maxed out settings?

You see I just got a nice new gaming machine and I wanna get a nice taste of graphics whoredom.

Does Risen look good on max settings? I played Divinity 2 on max settings and the graphics are pretty good not great.

racofer

Thread Incliner
e899b79ac6b3.jpg

Micmu

Magister
Fucking whore.

Risen looks super awesome, if you ask me. Especially the woods are nice looking.
Just turn off that shitty blur or depth of field or whatever it is.

Saxon1974

Prophet
TOEE, man I havent played that in so long.

There was some super patch that was supposed to add a bunch of stuff to the game...did that get finished and was it any good?

Nomnoming through a smoked meat poutine right abou
Saxon1974 said:

There was some super patch that was supposed to add a bunch of stuff to the game...did that get finished and was it any good?

You mean the Circle of Eight mod, right? I would like to give a 'yes' to it being complete, but they've got a big arsed chart describing what's in each version that confuses the high heck of me. Here, take a look for yourself: http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=2

Still, I've yet to ave problems running it myself, and I guess it's time for a re-install...

Saxon1974

Prophet
Longwinded & Pretty said:
Saxon1974 said:

You mean the Circle of Eight mod, right? I would like to give a 'yes' to it being complete, but they've got a big arsed chart describing what's in each version that confuses the high heck of me. Here, take a look for yourself: http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=2

Still, I've yet to ave problems running it myself, and I guess it's time for a re-install...

Wow thats interesting. Looks to me you would want the one farthest to the right since it has the most content and bugfixes.....

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
They have two versions of the patch: one that adds new content and one that doesn't. Just download accordingly.

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hehe, I was about to post the same game's picture as racofer, when I saw the thread.

Alternatively there's also
13802.2.jpg

or if you want something new (but cool nonetheless):
109091122-3.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Saxon1974 said:
Ok Codex Bros,

What would you say is the best looking Codex approved RPG graphics wise with maxed out settings?

You see I just got a nice new gaming machine and I wanna get a nice taste of graphics whoredom.

Does Risen look good on max settings?

YES IT DOES.

There's your answer, right there. Play Risen, crank up the graphics, and stand on a hilltop somewhere and wait for the sun to come up (in-game).

EDIT: Typo.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Konjad said:
Hehe, I was about to post the same game's picture as racofer, when I saw the thread.

Alternatively there's also
13802.2.jpg

or if you want something new (but cool nonetheless):
109091122-3.jpg

What games are those? first looks like a gothic game

Captain Shrek

Without a doubt NWN2 series.

It has very high potential if used well as demonstrated clearly by MOTB.

I would gladly play another expansion if written well.

I would blindly buy an NWN2 game where the spell are toned down, immunities removed and broken mechanics corrected. Only that it won't be a Forgotten realm game/ DnD ruleset per se.

I adore the spell casting system, the UI, the isometric camera etc.

Captain Shrek said:
Without a doubt NWN2 series.

It has very high potential if used well as demonstrated clearly by MOTB.

I would gladly play another expansion if written well.

I would blindly buy an NWN2 game where the spell are toned down, immunities removed and broken mechanics corrected. Only that it won't be a Forgotten realm game/ DnD ruleset per se.

I adore the spell casting system, the UI, the isometric camera etc.

Just so that you know, I have a lighter if you happen to be knocked down.

The best graphics, let's see, the graphics in Fallout are stylish, create atmosphere perfectly and are quite clear and rarely obstruct gameplay. The same can be said for KOTC, it can definately be said for JA2 which looks quite charming in my eyes. BG2 for example has nice enviroments but the spell effects often make it impossible to see what's going on, and when things like that happen I think the graphics have failed in their most important purpose.

tetsuo

Scholar
micmu said:
Fucking whore.

Risen looks super awesome, if you ask me. Especially the woods are nice looking.
Just turn off that shitty blur or depth of field or whatever it is.

Yeah if only the character models didn't look so butt ugly and deformed....

Captain Shrek

BTW guys, is Risen worth trying out or I will only :x when I play it?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Starts strong and then kinda craps out in the end, but it's a nice enough game.

Captain Shrek

Turisas said:

Thanks. I will give it a spin.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Also the endgame (excluding the actual ending) of Risen is better than in G1 and G2. They finally learned how to create good dungeons. The world is seamless, many caves have various entrances in different places.

Risen looks simply fabulous in the highest settings and runs very fast on a Geforce GT 240. If the character models were improved it'd look perfect imo.

Nael

Arcane
Morrowind.

Turisas said:

No shit. I beat the game as a solo cleric on my second run at it by skipping almost everything and waltzing straight into where that ugly demon bitch was. I just ran her ragged and got her stuck on a hidden collision box by a pillar in her lair and her minions poisoned(!) her to death.

:lol:

Nael

Arcane
Elwro said:
Are you talking about Risen? :D

Gah, dangit. Nah, I was talking about ToEE. Thanks for pointing that out. :oops: :retarded:

With that I will say that the end game in Risen sucked too. :smug: Properly ending a game must be the hardest part for developers. I can think of so many games that started off so damn strong but ended with a whimper. In a recent sense of this FO: New Vegas springs to mind. Holy shit that game had so much potential and is so chock full of great bits that make the game interesting, but the ending was SO FUCKING BAD. X(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom