Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
God, that UI is so fucking ugly.

Among other things, the next patch will bring some UI tweaks.

Will it bring full mod compatability with all the mods I use?

I.e. will it - in any way, shape or form - be an upgrade to my current installation?

I sincerely doubt it. Respect for you and everyone else's previous work (I use your work on each of my playthroughs and I'm glad it's there), but this project is complete bullshit. I can't think of a single reason except two mod-quality level NPCs and a minor quest that should make me switch.

Jestai

Augur
Patron
I've seen Z level sitcoms with better chroma keying than in the Underdark screenshot... Looks like the characters were filmed on a green screen.

Diablo169

Arcane
Dear Friends of Baldur's Gate,

We recently removed Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from sale on Beamdog and the Apple App Store. We've taken this step at our publishing partner's request as we attempt to resolve a number of contractual issues.

Unfortunately, until this matter is resolved, we are unable to release the latest Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition patch or Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Android.

This also prevents the launch of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. I sincerely apologize to the series' fans and promise we are working diligently to remedy the situation.

Regards,
Trent Oster
President, Beamdog & Overhaul Games

Frequently Asked Questions

I have already purchased Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from Beamdog or the Apple App Store. Will I still be able to download and play my game?

Yes. If you have already purchased Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from Beamdog or the Apple App Store, you can still download and play your game.

Why is all of this happening? What caused this issue?

We are unable to discuss details of the complex legal matters surrounding this issue at this time. Please be aware that we are extremely unhappy with the situation and are doing our best to work past it. We have put a lot of hard work into this series, and are eager for fans to see it.

When will Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition be available again?

Unfortunately, we cannot offer the game for sale until all issues with our publishing partner have been resolved. We do not have a specific date for when the game will be available again.

What is in the next Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition patch?

The next Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition patch features:
  • An updated user interface that allows for high-resolution scaling and transparency.
  • A new renderer featuring enormous performance improvements, and compatibility enhancements for Intel graphics chipsets.
  • A new font system for sharper, clearer text.
  • Full German language support, including new German VO for the expanded content.
  • Subtitles in movies.
  • Over 135 gameplay fixes and enhancements.
We are unable to release this patch until all issues with our publishing partner have been resolved.

What's the status of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition?

We have been developing Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition for some time now, but until all issues with our publishing partner are resolved we cannot officially announce or offer this game for sale. This has resulted in significant amounts of wailing and gnashing of teeth amongst the development team.

What's the status of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Android?

We cannot offer the game for sale until all issues with our publishing partner have been resolved.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holy shit. :lol: Oster got buttfucked by Atari. I knew this deal of his went through way too easily.

communard

Arcane
It's the gift that just keeps on giving and giving and giving. God bless you Trent. I haven't had this much fun with the BG franchise in almost a decade.

Xavier0889

Learned
They were going to add a significant (as in way too high) number of words to BG2EE. I bet half of those will go to romyns and the other half to Minsc and Boo (which is also a romyns, in the end).

Multi-headed Cow

Well now I feel silly buying BGEE for $5 or whatever, since it seems I won't be getting BG2EE.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I wonder what they'll do if this ship sails away from them.
"Overhaul" some other popular game, probably?
Kickstart a project of their own (r00fles)?
Enter a long legal battle for cash?

I also wonder what they did to breach contract (or somehow invalidate the deal). Maybe Oster slept with the wrong wife.

EDIT: Something must have happened, it can't just have been a contractual issue like "oh shit we didn't give them enough money" because that could be solved quite easily. It must be something like wotc fucking beamdog over and giving BG rights to Obsisidan for BG3 or some shit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Wonder if it sold relatively poorly and Atari didn't pay them. Amusing either way.

I'll stick with my GOG copies, thanks.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess we won't be getting Baldur's Gate 3 then?

Nothing of value will be lost, I guess, although I was silently hoping they could pull these Enhanced Editions off and maybe make a new game in the vein of BG someday. And I do commend their effort to bring Infinity Engine to some sort of usability on modern computers (original version's threading is a clusterfuck).

Overall, I hope they will be able to resolve this situation somehow and continue with their work, even if chance for some profits for us from this are very very remote.

Ramireza

Savant
Thats realy sad. I liked the EE Version very much and planed to buy the EE für BG2.

Now i have to install the terrible BGT Version again :(

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I guess we won't be getting Baldur's Gate 3 then?

Nothing of value will be lost, I guess, although I was silently hoping they could pull these Enhanced Editions off and maybe make a new game in the vein of BG someday. And I do commend their effort to bring Infinity Engine to some sort of usability on modern computers (original version's threading is a clusterfuck).
:? The gog versions work almost flawlessly

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Find Trent Oster:

bioware_nov10.jpg

:blastfromthepast:

Who's that girl in the middle? She's cute. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom