Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
I let them stay on BG1. They have quest to do too. In BG2 the main part of the content is related to the derpist romance except in some restricted cases (edwin, the older paladin and the druid etc).
Aerie's quest could still be done without romancing her and I don't recall Viconia having any quest in SOA.

curry

Arcane
I let them stay on BG1. They have quest to do too. In BG2 the main part of the content is related to the derpist romance except in some restricted cases (edwin, the older paladin and the druid etc).
Aerie's quest could still be done without romancing her and I don't recall Viconia having any quest in SOA.

Does romance count as a quest? :smug:

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist

Does romance count as a quest? :smug:
So you went to China and had some fun?

Shiki

Learned
The fact that he prefers BG1 (with almost non existent interaction with party npc beyond their quest, filler crap, repetitive low level ad&d2 combat..) over bg2 is not going to gain my trust though. BG2 was better than its predecessor on every front.
I assume "interaction with party npc" means "ability to fuck an elf chick" :smug:?

Some people on the codex really are unable to focus on anything once they stumble upon a detail they didn't like. The romance in BG2 were not the main focus of party banter. Edwin, Jan Jansen, Keldorn, and Minsc were particularly interesting to have in your party if only for the dialogue. If I had to level any criticism at all toward BG2, it would be the fact that there weren't enough actual interaction with them compared to Planescape Torment, where your dialogue and choices affect their development.

Why something that is considered good to have for PST, MOTB, KOTOR 2 and ton of other rpgs suddenly turns bad because it's BG ?

I hate BG1. Most of the game plays like a pure dungeon crawler. And I hated the fact that Icewind Dale 2, the last of the infinity engine games, played more like BG1 than like BG2 or PST. IWD2's a pointless game, a quick cash grab on the people who wanted their IE fix.

Yes, that's what he means. And he didn't install BG1NPC either.
Since when do we judge games based on the availability of a mod ? There was no such a thing when I first bought and played BG1. Fucking retarded. Mods are the icing on the cake, something you can enjoy months (or years) after release when you consider the game good enough to be played a second time, it's not like you could play with mods on day one. I have never considered BG1 worth playing a second time.

Not all people are skyway, who replays game they hated at first for 7 times or more.

Hegel

Arcane
To be honest, I love BG2 Mods. Not only you can whore out your female character in order to enter Spellhold, but assuming your PC is male you could even enjoy tasteful rape scenes. :smug:
Minsc + Lilarcor was fun as hell.

MMXI

Arcane
Some people on the codex really are unable to focus on anything once they stumble upon a detail they didn't like. The romance in BG2 were not the main focus of party banter. Edwin, Jan Jansen, Keldorn, and Minsc were particularly interesting to have in your party if only for the dialogue. If I had to level any criticism at all toward BG2, it would be the fact that there weren't enough actual interaction with them compared to Planescape Torment, where your dialogue and choices affect their development.

Why something that is considered good to have for PST, MOTB, KOTOR 2 and ton of other rpgs suddenly turns bad because it's BG ?

I hate BG1. Most of the game plays like a pure dungeon crawler. And I hated the fact that Icewind Dale 2, the last of the infinity engine games, played more like BG1 than like BG2 or PST. IWD2's a pointless game, a quick cash grab on the people who wanted their IE fix.
:hmmm:

Stabwound

Arcane
Good catch on the mp3 thing. iOS Baldur's Gate incoming. :smug:

I tried setting my clock ahead to see if it would unlock anything on the website, but it just changes to 00:00:00 and does nothing else. Too bad.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
To be honest, I love BG2 Mods. Not only you can whore out your female character in order to enter Spellhold, but assuming your PC is male you could even enjoy tasteful rape scenes. :smug:
Minsc + Lilarcor was fun as hell.
Please name these mods so I can try them out.

Hegel

Arcane
Romantic encounter, you wanna fuck a nymph or Bodhi? Why not, the mod is awful, but the idea is clever. Always wondered why there wasn't a courtesan quest line in BGII, there are harlots everywhere.

Blue magi have mastered the arts of erotica, and Mekrath is one of them. Are
you up for a brief apprenticeship?

She can tell you your fortune... in private. Why is that, and what does she
want from you?

Renal does not ordinarily indulge in sport with business associates,
but he might be persuaded to make an exception in your case. He might make
an enjoyable lover...
Available to: female protagonists

Isabelle, a young shieldmaiden of Helm, needs help and reassurance. Can you
give her what she wants in the time of need?
Available to: male protagonists

waywardOne

Arcane
He actually was on the team.
Yes, as a modeler, which was no doubt critical to all the success of BG. Know who else was on the team? The girl who answered the phone and made the coffee. Maybe she'll release an iFag Baldur's Gate app we can also get excited about.

Unrelated, what makes an HD remake worth this hype if that's all it is?

GreyViper

Prophet
Romantic encounter, you wanna fuck a nymph or Bodhi? Why not, the mod is awful, but the idea is clever. Always wondered why there wasn't a courtesan quest line in BGII, there are harlots everywhere.

Blue magi have mastered the arts of erotica, and Mekrath is one of them. Are
you up for a brief apprenticeship?

She can tell you your fortune... in private. Why is that, and what does she
want from you?

Renal does not ordinarily indulge in sport with business associates,
but he might be persuaded to make an exception in your case. He might make
an enjoyable lover...
Available to: female protagonists

Isabelle, a young shieldmaiden of Helm, needs help and reassurance. Can you
give her what she wants in the time of need?
Available to: male protagonists
Interesting didnt recall seeing these mods, when I was browsing BG2 mods. Then again I was more interested in megamod that let bhaal spawn got to IWD. Overall I agree with Shiki when BGII was released, mods were more of a bonus since most games then didnt have much of a modding comunity, few being exception. So when tweak mod or things like Tactics came out, it was a great thing since it added repaly value. Hell thats probably why I didnt make may way here in 2004, had more fun in Forgotten Wars at that time.

Kitako

Arcane
If it's a version for one of those shitty handhelds or some faggot Mac I'll be VERY angry.

mkultra

Augur
ipad version would be great, the port that exists works quite well even on my old ipad1.. Seems likely it's an offical iOS port / remake since the announcement is at the same time as the release of ipad3... but it could also be Trent trolling a bit ;)

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Fuck you guys with this ios shit....... overhaul means total rework, so either we are getting BG 1 in HD which is cool, or we are getting totaly new game in either baldur's gate 1 or baldur's gate 2 timeframe, a side story to what was happening to the bhaal spawn where we will meet characters and places from either bg 1 or 2.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Maybe a real BG3 from Obsidian is gonna be announced after that.

Doubtful, since Obsidian was until recently busy crafting a new popamole for MS.

That popamole was likely only in pre-production with a small team, the SP game probably doesn't require a huge team either due to it's simplistic graphics, so I'm sure they have another team left working on something.

Bruticis

This is going to be great! It's as if it was made for it from the beginning. ;)
ipadbg.jpg

mkultra

Augur
This is going to be great! It's as if it was made for it from the beginning. ;)

Why post a fake picture when we already have a working port of the Infinity Engine for iOS / Android (and yes it works pretty well indeed).

Bruticis

Actually, i had no idea such shit already existed. The more I know....

mkultra

Augur
Actually, i had no idea such shit already existed. The more I know....

It's "shit" because it exists on something you dont happen to own..?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom