Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Yeah, they need to narrow down the randomness of the uniques a bit.

vazha

Arcane
Cleared it with no casualties (no deaths, no permies). 8 injuries though. Disappointing loot: bunch of spoons and the fixed emprah helmet.
Same here, only got the Golden Helmet. Before DLC I often got three additional Uniques.

Speaking of 'Uniques', I got this pretty great Orc-Cleaver and building a Duelist Bro for it right now:

c026vxs.jpg

+10 to +17 Damage
+12% ignore
+35% effective

compared to a normal one.
you better find an iron lung merc for this one. -5 fatique each turn is taxing if you plan to go berserk route.

vota DC

Augur
Cleared it with no casualties (no deaths, no permies). 8 injuries though. Disappointing loot: bunch of spoons and the fixed emprah helmet.
Same here, only got the Golden Helmet. Before DLC I often got three additional Uniques.

Speaking of 'Uniques', I got this pretty great Orc-Cleaver and building a Duelist Bro for it right now:

c026vxs.jpg

+10 to +17 Damage
+12% ignore
+35% effective

compared to a normal one.

Lol a unique item with a generic name.

overtenemy

Augur
UbNnyYd.png

smilie face
New policy is to hunt for uniques as soon as I hear about them. Last ironman game I played I decided not to go for a few I heard rumors about thinking myself not ready, only to go there, find no unique, and never hear the rumor again. Could be I negotiated a contract and refused it and it killed the loot anyway, or loot just changes over time. It's gotten to the point that I don't even want to open contracts at times, for fear it'll be for a bandit place with something like this.

I'm day 76, mostly in raider gear, hear about this bullshit, pull 7 unholds to it. 16 raiders. Run away as far as I can, one unhold follows me, rest attack the raiders. Raiders can't handle them for shit, so when there's only 5 of them left, I just retreat. Killing the unhold that followed me caused them to only be 6 and run when I got back to the world map, so attack again, kill 5 raiders, receive based 2h axe.

When I was straight up day 16 I managed to get unique armor too just because when I went to the damn place most of them left and attacked me, leaving ONE marksman, a few raiders and a leader. There's always a way.

Jabber

Educated
I finally got a daggerman to work:

30rl6wn.png

I finally figured out what they are good at, which is murdering orc warriors. The chassis here could be better, with higher accuracy, defense and hp. But I'm pretty happy with the perk loadout. Ideally he would get a famed dagger and the crystal skull later in the game.

Anyway, orc warriors don't have great morale, and the direwolf cape lowers it even further. With drunk and crippling strikes he rolls an injury on half of hits, and then something like 75% of hits once he's gotten the first injury and is triggering executioner. A famed dagger would push those numbers higher.

The injury almost always triggers a morale level reduction, so after two turns the warrior is almost always retreating. Then he rests and moves on to the next one... I think this is the faster orc warrior killer I've come up with. Hammers -> swords are pretty quick, but you can get unlucky with head hits and it generally takes 3 turns to disable/kill rather than two. Stabber sometimes does it in one!

Jabber

Educated
It's an obscure item that gives -10 resolve to adjacent enemies at the price of the brother not being able to become confident. You can get it from an event that occurs during a delivery quest.

Tigranes

Arcane
Jabber that's cool. I've been starting to use daggers for orc warriors this run, and I expect a dedicated guy like this would do wonders. The key also seems to be fatigue - you have to keep it high for 3 stabs per turn and keep it up basically all battle until they start fleeing.

The best thing is that you can get the orc warlord to start breaking morale before they've ever reached you, if you can manage the battle well.

Jabber

Educated
Yeah. I was looking for a bro that had high accuracy and fatigue, and ideally decent health so he could go nimble and get even more fatigue. The drunk trait was a nice additional benefit. The nice thing about using puncture is it makes a lot of perks that are normally "must have" irrelevant, and allows carrying a shield with no penalty. So he doesn't really need to have a great starting melee defense stat.

The only perk I'm a little iffy on is shield mastery. I got it because +5 defense is nice, and he really doesn't want his shield to get broken, and he is after all fighting orcs which like to break shields. He could also bring a spare shield, and may actually want to do that in any case.

If he didn't have shield mastery, I would probably go with backstabber or maybe indomitable. Backstabber would be OK because warriors have a tendency to push their way into being next to a lot of your bros. Indomitable would be an OK pick too because the stabber has the fatigue to use it in a pinch and doesn't have a huge amount of hp or armor. Also would help if he gets some bad rolls and picks up a bunch of bleed stacks.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Daggermen are pretty decent now as they work also decently against Honor Guard.

Also fought 70+ spiders in forest.
Long fight but pretty NON challenging.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Y U DO LIE GAEM?!
Scouts said ORK BEZERKER. Does it looks like ONE ORK BEZERKER to you?
I think, good bye, my unique shields...
14ttht.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yep. Lost one unique shield. Also all spears and even dagger on spear masters...
Warboss charged in the middle of company so he was quickly routed or it could be much worse. Also got one really lucky chain panic. Rance killed one warrior and next one panicked. Moved one tile to engage two more and they panicked too triggering morale check for horde. One more tile - and whole flank scattered. Warboss could have saved situation, but he was busy trying to run.
w053z4.jpg

24fags8.jpg

Two light armors in two warboss fights in a row...

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ok, i'm retard... Found one more sea of tents on my way back. Didn't changed unique shield on second spear bro(well, he's not spear bro anymore - no spears) to ork one. So now i lost second unique shield. Also nimble on backline is really good. Saved Maria's ass here. Fucking warboss and his warcry...
Oh, and NOW there is ONE berzerker.
10xwshc.jpg

28m2v4x.jpg

Worst thing is it was for nothing - no uniques.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Y U DO LIE GAEM?!
Scouts said ORK BEZERKER. Does it looks like ONE ORK BEZERKER to you?
I think, good bye, my unique shields...

Yeah, since DLC the scout report sometimes changes last second.

No big deal most of the time, but when you want to level some rather squishy Bros in light armor and the game suddenly throws Orc Warriors in the fight it's a bit annoying.

Reinhardt

Arcane
:shredder:

Just in time... Killed 150+ greenskins on the road here. And there is 100+ still lurking in the forest.
It's my wood shop. Never mess with peaceful traders!
9ulmb6.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Will seeds fom https://bb.frukso.se/ work with v1.2.0.21? I am thinking of abandoning my beginner playthrough and starting a "serious" Expert ironman game but I want to be sure the map will be balanced and enjoyable. If anyone can recommend seed string, please go ahead.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Will seeds fom https://bb.frukso.se/ work with v1.2.0.21? I am thinking of abandoning my beginner playthrough and starting a "serious" Expert ironman game but I want to be sure the map will be balanced and enjoyable. If anyone can recommend seed string, please go ahead.

Some should work.
I recommend greddydevs seed. Pretty nice map with three separate nations and one of the south having plenty of trade goods.

Anyone had problems with lack of rumors and unique in enemy camps?
I get zero rare items rumors.
ZERO.
As far i only get one shield. rest of my rare weapons and armors come from shops(one billhook, 2 medium armors, 2 maces, one light helmet one heavy helmet). almost 400 day. 4th crisis.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Kept getting rumours about dudes to the west, found two unique maces in one camp.

Of course said camp had 8 necrosavants and we had to fight huddled in a small forest corner losing two veterans, but hey.

vazha

Arcane
Kept getting rumours about dudes to the west, found two unique maces in one camp.

Of course said camp had 8 necrosavants and we had to fight huddled in a small forest corner losing two veterans, but hey.
How can you clear an orc camp and lose people to necroes? just how? necroes are punch-bags after lvl 9 or so. Are you bringing archers to the fight or what

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom