Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

vazha

Arcane

Whiskeyjack

Learned
Is there plate armor as a high tier equipment? Or is all armor chain/scale based?
There is a coat of plates. Like 350 Dura I think? With like 40 fatigue.

There is an equivalent fallen hero version but it's kinda shit. Fallen hero gear is trash now.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
It was always shit. Lower durability for the same Fat cost. It same for ancient dead. Thair gear is Fat non efficient. Strange exception are zombies that dont have their own rotten set and use bandit and regular gear.

If you mean the Plate armor like maximilian or something similar then no. Nothing like that.

Underdog remove bonus to attak from friendlies(5 for each), backstaber doubles bonus and underdog remove double bonus and treat it like target and attacker have no perks. So if you let your guys be surrounded by 4 enemies its mean +15 bonus for them +30 for any that have backstaber, if your guy have underdog bonus is zero unless for ones with backstaber then its 15.

Tigranes

Arcane
For the first time I have a company that's into Day 200, and having survived two crises. They can now handle medium size packs of lindwurms - and probably schrats, though I haven't seen them much this seed. They're still gearing up, the cowards they are, for some of the largest packs.

Do people tend to go full on two-handed in late game? Seems like some of the tricks you can play with things like maces fall aside when you have 8 orc marauders rushing at you, and you just have to smash them down with hulk force.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah, every time I want to build a shield tank, I think: 'Hmh, he'd make another good two-hander...' . The only exception are designated SpearBros, with 1H Hammers as backup - but they only join fights against massive Orc camps and loiter around in camp most of the time and I don't know if I wouldn't do better with another two two-handers at the flanks in a V formation.

What do you mean with 'Medium sized Lindwurm packs'? I have a full lvl 11+ company, but I wouldn't take on more than 4, because even if I win it's close - and I need to spend 50.000 coins on tools... .

vazha

Arcane
Yeah, every time I want to build a shield tank, I think: 'Hmh, he'd make another good two-hander...' . The only exception are designated SpearBros, with 1H Hammers as backup - but they only join fights against massive Orc camps and loiter around in camp most of the time and I don't know if I wouldn't do better with another two two-handers at the flanks in a V formation.

What do you mean with 'Medium sized Lindwurm packs'? I have a full lvl 11+ company, but I wouldn't take on more than 4, because even if I win it's close - and I need to spend 50.000 coins on tools... .
If you have good resolve bros (i.e. not needing runes attachment to armor), you can realistically negate lindwurm acid with their plate attachment thingie. Otherwise it's really not worth it. What I tend to do is to kite them to knight patrols and then kill-steal with polearms and archers.

Jabber

Educated
So one thing I'm noticing is that lancers are a lot stronger with the DLC. I have a drunk warscyth guy with a bit shy of 90 accuracy at level 11 and he has spent basically the entire game as an absolute murderer.

Polearm mastery granting a free move each turn (two moves if you don't berserk) allows setting up multi-hit attacks much more easily. In addition, new nimble gives enough tankiness without much if any hp investments or colossus. So they get a bunch of extra fatigue as well, and extra initiative which makes it easy to use overwhelm.

Anyway, it's been very easy to get 3-6 hits a turn in and keep killing frenzy on. He's been super helpful at the middle of the line where greatswords can't get multi-hits in as easily.

It's too bad that (I think) there still aren't famed warscyths...

Tigranes

Arcane

Thanks. Yeah, I'd call 3-4 lindwurms 'medium sized'. I think I took on four of them with ~level 8-9 bros and made it out almost unscathed, mostly by having 3 high mdef shield tanks sit there and dodge like fuck until the end of time.

I typically stick with a minority of two-handers but have been slowly expanding their presence this game. I just get scared - e.g. about orc marauders breaking through and surrounding them then smashing them to death.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Shields are useless against orkz anyway. They break them very fast. If i'm dealing with ork crisis before transition to 2h i'm forced to carry lots of metal ork shields just for greenskin battles.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Shields are useless against orkz anyway. They break them very fast. If i'm dealing with ork crisis before transition to 2h i'm forced to carry lots of metal ork shields just for greenskin battles.

Well that simply not true.
They are useful as orcs skip attacks and tire themselves destroying them. So either they provide defense or make orcs waste their turns. My shieldbros do a great job against them. And usually do solid damage against single targets to.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Well that simply not true.
They are useful as orcs skip attacks and tire themselves destroying them. So either they provide defense or make orcs waste their turns. My shieldbros do a great job against them. And usually do solid damage against single targets to.
He's talking about situation when orkz have high enough numbers to surround shield bros. 1-2 orkz wasting their turn once at the start don't really matter in this situation and 1h weapon without protection of the shield is not that good against some ork warrior.
I'm still using shield bros in ork battles but only on flanks as spearmasters. Or if i have no other choice and have to field young bloods.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
He's talking

Reinhardt, is there something we should know?

Also what numbers we are talking. Recently I throw my 'soon to be replaced' on the warlord camp and suffered no losses even with 2nd grade troops. Shieldbros - especially macemen shown their worth in this combat.

vazha

Arcane
So I went to this gobbo city and a dude shows up tellin me there are too many of them and I should first clear the outposts or kill raiding gobbo parties. I tell him to shut his filthy mouth and assault the gobbo city straightaway. 47 gobbos. 4 shamans. I literally cannt move except for the necklace guy. Get them to about 29 nevertheless but lose 2 guys in the process. This wont do, I say, I needz them guys. Reloaded, told the guy I ll clear the outposts. Did so, took me two in game weeks. I return to gobbo city and get served with flavour text that a yuge army of gobbos just marched out of the city and its now ripe for the taking. There was much rejoicing and I promptly assaulted the city. 47 gobbos. again. 4 shamans. I get shredded in like 3 turns and retreat.
Lesson learned: Do not believe strangers, kids.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Cleared it with no casualties (no deaths, no permies). 8 injuries though. Disappointing loot: bunch of spoons and the fixed emprah helmet.

vazha

Arcane
On the subject of the disappointing loot: Got a tavern rumor about a weapon called ominous whacker, that purportedly smashed everybody's limbs and so on. Thought it was an unique mace, overjoyed was I and went and cleared a freaking 35-strong orc camp. Got an unique billhook. Joy. And it's barely better than the normal one.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
On the subject of the disappointing loot: Got a tavern rumor about a weapon called ominous whacker, that purportedly smashed everybody's limbs and so on. Thought it was an unique mace, overjoyed was I and went and cleared a freaking 35-strong orc camp. Got an unique billhook. Joy. And it's barely better than the normal one.

boggles my mind that there are people still playing this game

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Cleared it with no casualties (no deaths, no permies). 8 injuries though. Disappointing loot: bunch of spoons and the fixed emprah helmet.
Same here, only got the Golden Helmet. Before DLC I often got three additional Uniques.

Speaking of 'Uniques', I got this pretty great Orc-Cleaver and building a Duelist Bro for it right now:

c026vxs.jpg

+10 to +17 Damage
+12% ignore
+35% effective

compared to a normal one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom