Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The game has been suspended from sale on steam.

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (http://support.wbgames.com/). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at https://help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.
Epic fail. Will be $10 in the Winter Sale.

Dexter

Arcane
Steam gets good PR from this because of the refunds. Of course, a lot of people got it from GMG so they're screwed. Will possibly push more sales towards Steam in the future. Surprised people aren't making more noise about the surprise buttsex Denuvo. That alone is enough to prevent me from D1P'ing any AAA title... well... except Fallout 4.
GMG promised refunds if the first Patch doesn't fix the issues: http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-guidelines.html
http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/24/bat...efund-from-gmg-if-patch-doesnt-fix-pc-issues/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...rkham-knight-pc-lacks-console-visual-features

Examples of textures failing to load:
1FEF7906C2858666333E0A770FDE73F23A66A24B

07F58EA3E47BC78E81C0728B5250E475DF0614A9

Lag-Video:

6NrNVlQ.png

Last edited:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As a user on Neogaf said:

Neogaf user said:
Game was using 7.1 Gigs of VRAM when I took this shot (the texture never changed after waiting 2 minutes).
batmanak2015-06-2421-vaun1.png

Quake 2 eat your heart out.

:D

Batman: Knight of Arkham - release date: June 23, 1998.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So many fanboys on the Steam discussions were saying: TIME TO UPGRADE, SCRUBS! Clearly you need 8 gig VRAM to view such detailed textures. This really is the worst port to date. Even worse than Dark Souls 1.

Chamezero

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (http://support.wbgames.com/). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at https://help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.
serie_crash.jpg

pippin

SO not only the pc port was made by a team of 12 people, but some users report they had dlc removed.
The seasons pass was 40 dollars.
Two of the already released DLCs are 40 minutes long. Combined.

Why does this happen in Twenty Fifteen

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Oh geez stop being so kneejerk. Wait a week and and then get a refund. It's like you've never played a PC game before. Games have been launch patch day galore for many games. I mean I will grant you that if you they fix things within 2 weeks then fuck it and get a refund.

Yeah, but I can always buy it again, and mass refunds is going to make a publisher take note that someone somewhere fucked up (doubtful they'll take responsibility themselves).

Also this was literally the first-time in a decade I've paid more than $30 for a game (not including KS). I fully admit that I got caught up in the hype. I think that you're probably right that the game will be patched ASAP, but finding the game in a broken state was enough to break the hype-hold it had on me. I'll almost certainly pick it back up during a sale in the next year or two.
Yeah, see, your fault for not getting it with 40% off. Anyways I'm just saying wait a week or so. If after that it's still fucked up then go ahead and refund. Well that's what I would do.

Why though? If played time more than 2 hours it might get harder to get a refund. Id just purchase it again when most users confirm things are better....You're appearing like a fan boy that excuses terrible releases like these...>What are you doing on the codex?
Lol, not even. As I said earlier, the game screwed me over because I verified files after I downloaded, which wiped the whole installation Lulz.

I'm just making fun of retards. E.g. why are you playing more than 2 hours if you know it's shitty right now? E.g. how the hell are you a PC user if you don't tweak *.ini or other config files - e.g. Morrowind needing config edits for stability/less jerkiness like "DontThreadLoad", max FPS to 60 instead of 240, increasing cell buffers? E.g. thinking this is the first game with a 30 fps cap. E.g. thinking games like Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition don't exist.

Do I like the game? From what I hear it's a shittier version of Arkham City so that's my opinion right now. Like the mandatory and shitty Batmobile sections. But I didn't start gaming a year ago, so I know how timelines work - launch day patches have been a custom for many years. And I know that lot of non-in-game settings can be easily disabled in *.ini's, especially in UE3. Not that I have any idea what the fuck's up with the memory leaks. On the other hand I'm already assuming changing DetailMode from "2" to "1" will make a significant difference, with just mild graphics quality loss, from experience with other games. Drop your shadow resolution, disable postprocessing that weren't options in-game, etc.

Like seriously. Buying a video card that costs at least the cost of a console? The price/performance ratio jumps the shark around $250. And it's most optimal around $150-$200.

The point of playing on a PC instead of a console is because you get to pick exactly what you need, build it yourself, optimize software settings, etc., etc. That's not even including overclocking.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

Oh wow, sounds like that thing I was talking about with launch day/launch week hurried patching.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I got this game for the cheap (16€) on some cd key seller, so all I need to do now is being patient for that torrent of upcoming patches.

And I can be patient - for the right price. Those who shelled out full price should only blame themselves.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I got this game for the cheap (16€) on some cd key seller, so all I need to do now is being patient for that torrent of patches coming.

And I can be patient - for the right price. Those who shelled out full price should only blame themselves.
:d1p:

SO not only the pc port was made by a team of 12 people, but some users report they had dlc removed.
The seasons pass was 40 dollars.
Two of the already released DLCs are 40 minutes long. Combined.

Why does this happen in Twenty Fifteen
It happens because it is 2015, not in spite of it. People get dumber, not smarter.

I can run Arkham City at 4k 60 fps on a 600 USD system. The game cost me 3 dollars during a sale. By and large it's a better game than this.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Welp, while you were enjoying the drama I went and finished the story. Steam reports 18 hours. Last hour or so was the best hour of all Arkham Games. Hell, I'd even say that the whole story, especially the parts that weren't given away/spoiled in official previews/trailers was the best in all arkham games combined. Pretty much a perfect Batman/Joker storyline.

That said, I still have tons of sidequests to take care of so I can see the final final ending

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Its getting better and better. Normally I'd be very happy with this kind of things happens to AAA games and develpoers.
But this is Goddamn Batman :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Oh boy.

This is a clusterfuck of EPIC EPIC porportions.

When will AAA companies learn not to outsource the fucking PC PORT to some 3rd rate shit tier developers.

OH WAIT. THey never learn. Because nobody gives a shit about PC

:prosper:

WhiteGuts

Arcane
This is good. This industry needs some reality check every now and again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom