Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
lol don't defend this

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
But I'm serious about this: If you aren't familiar with editing your *.ini's then go back to consoles.

I've already edited configs for UE4 games giving me a good amount of FPS. UE3 is much easier, because UE4 runs on dumb templates that you have to overwrite.

Israfael

Arcane
"weird maybe I'm just lucky but I'm totally getting 60 frames on my mid range PC"
It's quite ironic that it may have been optimized to work on some low-end shit or mid-range castrated GPUs like 960s / 270s and so on. Although i don't understand how they could have screwed up 2012 engine (you can see the date in the error MessageBox if you set DOF = False, MotionBlur = False, Models = 0 )

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
"weird maybe I'm just lucky but I'm totally getting 60 frames on my mid range PC"
It's quite ironic that it may have been optimized to work on some low-end shit or mid-range castrated GPUs like 960s / 270s and so on. Although i don't understand how they could screwed up 2012 engine (you can see the date in the error MessageBox if you set DOF = False, MotionBlur = False, Models = 0 )
I'm quite curious what the issue is.

Watch me be OCD about trying to figure out what's going on.

Sigh.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's more wrong with this release than what some .ini tweaks will solve. Asking for refunds seems totally reasonable to me -- especially if there are time limitations on them.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
There's more wrong with this release than what some .ini tweaks will solve. Asking for refunds seems totally reasonable to me -- especially if there are time limitations on them.
There's a difference between asking for kneejerk refunds on launch day and asking for refunds 1~2 weeks later. I have no idea what time limitations you're talking about. I had my preorder refunded because the voucher didn't apply, then I reordered it with one that worked, lol.

It's UE3. Unless the configs are encrypted, you have a LOT of room to tweak because ... it's UE3.

Edit: For example, in UE4 you can't disable a bunch of postprocessing bullshit within game. You have to go into Scalability.ini and modify the default "levels" so that you have 0 bloom, 0 DOF, 0 motion blur, etc. Otherwise you have no way to disable them.

Cromwell

Arcane
There's a difference between asking for kneejerk refunds on launch day and asking for refunds 1~2 weeks later. I have no idea what time limitations you're talking about. I had my preorder refunded because the voucher didn't apply, then I reordered it with one that worked, lol.

It's UE3. Unless the configs are encrypted, you have a LOT of room to tweak because ... it's UE3.

Edit: For example, in UE4 you can't disable a bunch of postprocessing bullshit within game. You have to go into Scalability.ini and modify the default "levels" so that you have 0 bloom, 0 DOF, 0 motion blur, etc. Otherwise you have no way to disable them.

Now that I can I would refund if I had to tweak my game. My graphic Card alone costs more than a fucking console and now I have to tweak my game to make it barely playable? And whats this dumb troika shit? If my game is buggy because the dev put in the work only for consoles that dev can go and fuck himself, theres a difference between a good but buggy pc game and the next aaa shit which mainly is unplayable on pc becaue all thought went into developing a crippled more retarded version of said game for an inferiour hardware. Why should someone who already put more thought and money in his hardware be forced to tweak to make it actually playable?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
For anybody wondering they just posted they aren't going to fix anything and are justifying the bad port with the excuse that the game needed to be exactly like the console versions(even though the pc is missing some console features).
Source:http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...-PC-Performance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/td-p/572903
And the game eats up ram for some weird reason,people with over 10gb of ram are reporting that the game is using most of the ram and using more then 6 gb vram.
Not to mention they:
Kept the Denuvo DRM quiet.
Kept the 30fps lock quiet.
Game looks better on consoles.
DLC out the ass.
Kept quiet about outsourcing the pc port.
Never sent the PC code out to reviewers/youtubers.
Steam refund seems to have come at a great time.

I'm somewhat baffled by the return of super intrusive DRM. Denuvo was used in some recent releases, despite all of those also using some kind of client software.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Mangoose bro, sorry, but you are fucking retarded. "All PC games have bugs at launch, and therefore you shouldn't complain about this broken piece of shit port". Are you for real? This shit is nowhere near commonplace, not to this extent. You comparing it to Dark Souls 2 proves that you're in utter and complete denial, as that was a very good port whose only big problem was that it didn't work on some TVs at launch. From what I've seen, AK ranks amongst the legendarily bad ports, like Saint's Row 2 or Dark Souls 1, although those games still ran better than their console versions, and DS1 didn't cost $60 at launch.

Seriously bro, if this weren't the Codex, I'd honestly suspect you of being a shill based on what you're posting here.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sooo, we've been playing this one at work today. Works good enough on 970(we got the game thanks to that BTW) with some random 2001 textures and micro stuttering. We also fell into ground several times.I mostly don't mind this kind of things but my friend died inside severeal times.

Forced batmobile parts are just a huge fun blocker. Seriously, after 4-5 hours of gameplay we already got sick of it and now Riddler challenges demand races >_> Thanks but no thanks, I don't want to play a driving game with awkward contorls (or World of Tanks) We stopped using it unless we really have to and mostly flying around the city now to travel.
Also it is strange that now we can wreck havoc at traffic. Poor pedestrains, crimimals and drivers, they don't stand a chance against dorkmobile.
Graphic options are beyond disaster, seriously no option to turn off blur/bloom or similar shit?!? We have to tweak monitors brightness to avoid eye damage. And this game was supposed to be a Gameworks "wonder."
Story seems a bit predictable (unless there is a huge mad plot twist at the end)

At least brawling, predatoing and detectiving are still the same and entertaining ans soaring around the city is nice. But I advice caution to any Godamnn Batman fans to avoid this one for a while, for an enhanced editon (lol) or serious patching.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It never ceases to amaze me when a highly anticipated and hyped game raises a shitstorm at release.
Uh it's not a hyped game... It's the third game that came after two pretty good games.

Warner did hype it. A lot, Maybe not as much as CDPR hyped Witcher 3 but still.

It's not the Arkham franchise fans that released a shit ton of videos and screenshots before release.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
so I'm about 90 minutes into the game, and I gotta say
anybody who's surprised by the Arkham Knight Identity is a moron. Straight up he revela shittons of stuff/calls you 'old man'. I've never read the comics but by perusing wiki alone i've guessed who it is. so it's more a hype notion than a gameplay one. it's quite obvious who AK is straightaway in the game: the mystary remains on scarecrow. and so far, that's working.

At least he's as whiny as he was in the cartoon

flyingjohn

Arcane
Well at least there will be something positive about this debacle,they wont be able to blame piracy for pc low sales considering there is no crack and there might not even be one in the near future.
The chinese haven't be able to crack denuvo except dragon age and fifa which was a mistake in the origin client that got fixed.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
lol don't defend this
Lol nothing to defend except retards asking for refunds instead of waiting a week.
Why would you do that when you can send a financial message this is not acceptable by asking for a refund then just buying it again when/if it's fixed?

Besides, ever play an Obsidian game? I'm sorry I mean Troika. I'm sorry I mean Bethesda.
Cool deflection.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I can definitely see why people would want refunds. I'm not in a position to ask for one, since I got it with a card and I'm not seeing too many issues.

As of the game, the story is ok so far, some of the set pieces are pretty fun - the airship and the construction area on top of a skyscraper stuck with me. There's less reliance on gargoyles with an ability to slide down a vertical vent to get into the floor grates. Arkham Knight goons try to mine overhead vantage points and drop thermal charges into grates if you abuse them too much. If you just sneak up on them they pair up. Batmobile parts are ok, I could take them or leave them, though some of the riddler's challenges are pretty fun. The disruptor can now overload weapon supplies to shock goons that try to grab guns, remote hacking thingie can blow up some devices to knock out dudes, and a brand new voice synthesizer can lure enemies to where you want them to be. I'll also point out that it seems to be a bit more paced, like AA with less AC like side quests.

The strongest part of the game so far is Joker's mindfuckery and Batman's, seemingly, inevitably massive failure.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Why should someone who already put more thought and money in his hardware be forced to tweak to make it actually playable?
I dunno, it's what I've been doing for a decade.

My graphic Card alone costs more than a fucking console and now I have to tweak my game to make it barely playable?
Lol.. My computer costs slightly more than a console. Putting $$$ into your computer puts you into the Alienware tier.

lol don't defend this
Lol nothing to defend except retards asking for refunds instead of waiting a week.
Why would you do that when you can send a financial message this is not acceptable by asking for a refund then just buying it again when/if it's fixed?
That is a good idea true.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
The strongest part of the game so far is Joker's mindfuckery and Batman's, seemingly, inevitably massive failure.

This sounds more interesting to me than anything else I've heard about this game.

Yeah previous games often had him fight against nearly unstoppable forces, but the tension was around whether or not he could succeed. Here, the odds are still against him, but it's his fucking over and lying to people close to him that seems to be bringing on the potential breakdown.

Cromwell

Arcane
Why should someone who already put more thought and money in his hardware be forced to tweak to make it actually playable?
I dunno, it's what I've been doing for a decade.

Still no excuse for the devs to outsource the port. If it were the other way around all the "gaming forums" would be on fire.

My graphic Card alone costs more than a fucking console and now I have to tweak my game to make it barely playable?
Lol.. My computer costs slightly more than a console. Putting $$$ into your computer puts you into the Alienware tier.

Nah alienware is way more costly, and its the first time in my life that I invested in a more or less good card, and I still did not buy the most expensive of the spectrum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom