Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I hope there's a mod that fixes starting stats. You can't even roll points

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

from fast browsing might be some new stuff in here

Good grief. Don't watch this fullscreen. The interview thought it'd be a great idea to splice in his face nodding every few seconds. Very disturbing.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
My guess is Larian themselves will make a lot of changes one they get a ton of complaints. Especially the lack of attribute requirements for multiclassing potentially ruining people's builds. But maybe respecing will make up for that.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But in its absence, you could just use an online roller and edit your save, if you don't like point buy.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
game is probably very easy even with point buy system, rolling is for retards who hate balance. Imagine paying KOTC2 with nearly maxed stats

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Can't even spend an hour rerolling stats in order to get an overpowered build and complain the game is too easy :|

66124806.jpg

proxon

Educated
I started to watch spoilers for this and allegedly mage companion "eats" loot, as in destroys it. Can anyone who played early access confirm this? If it is true, i'm gonna dark urge his hand right away and get a mage/bard mercenary dammit.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I started to watch spoilers for this and allegedly mage companion "eats" loot, as in destroys it. Can anyone who played early access confirm this? If it is true, i'm gonna dark urge his hand right away and get a mage/bard mercenary dammit.
The wizard you meet has a nuke in his chest, installed by a bitter lover. He needs to feed it magic items, or it blows up.
If you don't cooperate by surrendering named loot, he'll go look for a different solution with some other vector of power.
He's a fun character, though. Witty banter, good spirits, friendly. A wizard is always useful under any circumstances, too, unlike other classes.

jackofshadows

Magister
Not to mention there will be PLENTY of loot to waste and apparently he'll only consume a few items throughout the game. In the EA he could eat 2 items and judging by Larian - that was like 1/6 of the game (and I imagine his quest might be resolved somewhere in the 3 act or earlier than that).

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Not to mention there will be PLENTY of loot to waste and apparently he'll only consume a few items throughout the game. In the EA he could eat 2 items and judging by Larian - that was like 1/6 of the game (and I imagine his quest might be resolved somewhere in the 3 act or earlier than that).

Good info, I would have shucked him based on wdib's description

Salvo

Arcane
It's not like Gale steals the stuff from you, you have to give it to him for him to consume it. Just feed him the crap items that don't fit your build.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Gale is one of the least annoying characters. The Gith and especially the Vampire, those are grating beyond all reason.
They are obviously like that on purpose.
The gith is an arrogant, but clueless young lady. I'm speculating here, but I think her arc will be to realize how little she knows.
The vampire is queerbait twink, a hedonist who always complains, but always goes along. You've seen this character on TV.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
If you want in-depth analysis of this game, the Codex isn't and won't be the best place to find 'em, unfortunately. Unironically, Reddit and Larian forums/discord are better places to discuss mechanics and builds.

The decline is serious.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If you want in-depth analysis of this game, the Codex won't be the best place to find 'em, unfortunately. Unironically, Reddit and Larian forums/discord are better places to discuss mechanics.

The decline is serious.
If you want an in-depth analysis of this game, wait 5 years for it to age, and both the fanboys and the haters decide to do a revision on their old views. That's when you get the good critique. Release date is always full of the worst of takes.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
considering who this game is aimed for expecting any kind of challenge is fabulously optimistic
abuse haste abuse rest
there you go

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
abuse haste abuse rest
there you go
Or, you know. Don't. Don't do that. Don't abuse haste, and don't abuse rest. Don't do the thing that you will then complain about doing.

It is very retarded game design if a single 3rd level spell / potion practically doubles your action economy thats not any kind of clever build or anything.
Just dont use it is also retarded reason how about just balance game correctly. Takes a lot of enjoyment away figuring out builds when you know there are superior choices easily available.

It would be fine if it was some kind of multiclass / clever mechanic combo to break the game but single low level spell is not fine.

Anyway since Im retarded too I planned my final party unless new lvl 6+ features look tempting:

charname 12 Abjuration Wizard (not sure about race yet)
Alert + Asi + Lucky

Pala mommy 6 Vengeance Paladin 6 Storm Sorcery (dex based)
Alert + Sentinel

Goth Lesbo 12 Tempest Cleric
Alert + Asi + Lucky

Frog Lady 12 Battle Master (str based)
Asi + polearm master + great weapon master + alert/sentinel

With this comp got all attributes covered

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom