Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
That’s what I’m asking. Is this just retarded wording or did they seriously just make a proper difficulty and then enforced Ironman on it?
Lol

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
What are you rambling about, you insane sperg. In the new update description, it looks like Honour Mode is literally switched off the first time you die:

Honour Mode ups the intensity of what was previously our most challenging mode - Tactician - and not only makes the game more difficult in and out of combat, but also introduces over 30 new tweaks to all of Baldur's Gate 3’s boss-fights, with a new Legendary Action system designed to catch players off-guard and increase the challenge. Now, bosses can perform new actions, adding twists and turns to all major fights throughout the game.

When you inevitably die in Honour Mode, you’ll be presented with statistics from your journey, including how long and how far you survived. Should you so choose, you can continue your adventure, which will then disable Honour Mode. But players who do manage to complete the entire game with Honour Mode enabled without dying will be awarded the coveted Golden D20.

That’s what I’m asking. Is this just retarded wording or did they seriously just make a proper difficulty that will potentially offer some challenge only to then enforce Ironman on it?
perhaps you can cherry pick it in custom diff?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What are you rambling about, you insane sperg. In the new update description, it looks like Honour Mode is literally switched off the first time you die:

Honour Mode ups the intensity of what was previously our most challenging mode - Tactician - and not only makes the game more difficult in and out of combat, but also introduces over 30 new tweaks to all of Baldur's Gate 3’s boss-fights, with a new Legendary Action system designed to catch players off-guard and increase the challenge. Now, bosses can perform new actions, adding twists and turns to all major fights throughout the game.

When you inevitably die in Honour Mode, you’ll be presented with statistics from your journey, including how long and how far you survived. Should you so choose, you can continue your adventure, which will then disable Honour Mode. But players who do manage to complete the entire game with Honour Mode enabled without dying will be awarded the coveted Golden D20.

That’s what I’m asking. Is this just retarded wording or did they seriously just make a proper difficulty that will potentially offer some challenge only to then enforce Ironman on it?
perhaps you can cherry pick it in custom diff?

Yeah, might be able to replicate it with the new sliders. Hopefully.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I checked out the custom difficulty and there doesn't seem to be any option to enable the legendary actions when you choose it, it just lets you choose between explorer/balanced/tactician for both enemy loadouts and mechanics, which is disappointing. I'm going to give Ironman a go and will inevitably die so I'll find out if you're allowed to keep the same difficulty settings after the first time you die soon enough.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I checked out the custom difficulty and there doesn't seem to be any option to enable the legendary actions when you choose it, it just lets you choose between explorer/balanced/tactician for both enemy loadouts and mechanics, which is disappointing. I'm going to give Ironman a go and will inevitably die so I'll find out if you're allowed to keep the same difficulty settings after the first time you die soon enough.

Mein gott. Thanks. Would be so dumb :lol:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Mein gott. Thanks. Would be so dumb :lol:
The game is so easy, you should be fine

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i wonder if its tested that every boss is beatable.
Are legendary actions like solasta? Can we just expect extra rounds from enemies? Imagine end game encounter when brain destroys all the platforms before you even get to it

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, tinman mode is one thing, but perhaps more interesting is the removal of some common OP features / exploits in Honor mode.
Removal of damage riders multi-proccing, Haste and Bloodlust nerfed to add single actions only (and not full attacks), Blade Warlock Thirsting Blade attack stacking with other Extra attacks, Perilous Stakes nerfed to uselessness, Arcane Charge nerfed.

Plus universal changes, like the Diadem of Arcane Synergy nerfed to actually work on status application or potential loss of Arcane Acuity stacks when taking damage.

Some important stuff here...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well, tinman mode is one thing, but perhaps more interesting is the removal of some common OP features / exploits in Honor mode.
Removal of damage riders multi-proccing, Haste and Bloodlust nerfed to add single actions only (and not full attacks), Blade Warlock Thirsting Blade attack stacking with other Extra attacks, Perilous Stakes nerfed to uselessness, Arcane Charge nerfed.

Plus universal changes, like the Diadem of Arcane Synergy nerfed to actually work on status application or potential loss of Arcane Acuity stacks when taking damage.

Yes, it would be lovely to have as a general difficulty option

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

care to post changelog? SO far those do not sound like things I used in my run anyway

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm just going to point out that one of the most broken builds in the game, Tavern Brawler Open Hand monk, has basically been ignored in this round of nerfs.

Also Tiger/Wolverine Barb is still insanely broken, as is pure Sorcerer

Yosharian

Arcane

care to post changelog? SO far those do not sound like things I used in my run anyway
https://www.reddit.com/r/BG3Builds/comments/187sh88/psa_lots_of_unlisted_combat_changes_have_been/

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, I'm suddenly tempted to play a Tavern Brawler Moon Druid...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Yes, it would be lovely to have as a general difficulty option
Perhaps in the new Custom difficulty?

Supposedly it has sliders called "Characters power" and "additional mechanics".

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Found out that you can in fact keep the Honour ruleset if you choose to continue playing after you die in Ironman mode. It seems silly not to let you select it in Custom difficulty at the start but at least the option is there.

1701424506285.png

Deadass

Savant
I'm just going to point out that one of the most broken builds in the game, Tavern Brawler Open Hand monk, has basically been ignored in this round of nerfs.

Also Tiger/Wolverine Barb is still insanely broken, as is pure Sorcerer
As it should be

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Found out that you can in fact keep the Honour ruleset if you choose to continue playing after you die in Ironman mode. It seems silly not to let you select it in Custom difficulty at the start but at least the option is there.

View attachment 44100
Indeed that seems a bit silly.
The system makes a lot more sense with those ruleset fixes.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Well youve got to give it to Larian, they did not need to show this much love to the game. They couldve just polished up bugs, called it a day and fucked off. In fact most companies wouldnt have even bugfixed nevermind supported player feedback with new modes and options.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom