Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin
in my good Dark Urge playthrough. Don't know how to feel about it honestly.

During act 3 Dark Urge really felt like the proper protagonist, with all his connections to Gortash, Orin and the entire plot, but now I killed Orin (still need to deal with Gortash), Bhaal got angry with me, robbed me of my essence and killed me in the process. Then fucking Whiters came out of nowhere, resurrected me and told me I'm finally free. That's it? I feel like they dropped the ending with that particular story line.
Whiters has his own agenda but the game will never tell that ask yourself who he really is and everything will make sense.
(Hints are scattered all over)

Whiters was Jergal but today he acts like an obserber or arbiter

Bhall killed you thats a nono Gods are not allowed to interfere with mortals directly.

Therefore whiters was like "You cannot do that Bhall" and broughtyou back to life.

This is why Myrkul concede the avatar to the villain of act2 but don't shows up directly

I mean, they're technically not gods anymore, they're like some version of a ghost with extra powers. So maybe Ao doesn't count that as "intervention".

Self-Ejected
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin

During act 3 Dark Urge really felt like the proper protagonist, with all his connections to Gortash, Orin and the entire plot, but now I killed Orin (still need to deal with Gortash), Bhaal got angry with me, robbed me of my essence and killed me in the process. Then fucking Whiters came out of nowhere, resurrected me and told me I'm finally free. That's it? I feel like they dropped the ending with that particular story line.
Whiters has his own agenda but the game will never tell that ask yourself who he really is and everything will make sense.

Bhall killed you thats a nono Gods are not allowed to interfere with mortals directly.

Therefore whiters was like "You cannot do that Bhall" and broughtyou back to life.

This is why Myrkul concede the avatar to the villain of act2 but don't shows up directly

I mean, they're technically not gods anymore, they're like some version of a ghost with extra powers. So maybe Ao doesn't count that as "intervention".
Dosn't really matter a God only dies when there are no more people worshipping it they are still divine being. Bhaal also returned as a God as canonically the hero of Baldurs gate 1 and 2 was murdered. Adventure Murder at Baldurs gate triggering the return of Bhaal.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
On a less-related note, do you guys think I'll get sued if I made a parody game called Baldur's Gape?

Probably too close to the source material on this one.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin

Bhaal killed you thats a nono Gods are not allowed to interfere with mortals directly.

Therefore whiters was like "You cannot do that Bhaal" and broughtyou back to life.

Okay, that's actually pretty cool. Thanks for the explanation. I'm not particularly versed in DnD pantheon lore, lol.

Self-Ejected
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin

Bhaal killed you thats a nono Gods are not allowed to interfere with mortals directly.

Therefore whiters was like "You cannot do that Bhaal" and broughtyou back to life.

Okay, that's actually pretty cool. Thanks for the explanation. I'm not particularly versed in DnD pantheon lore, lol.
Your welcome friend!

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
On a less-related note, do you guys think I'll get sued if I made a parody game called Baldur's Gape?

If you use "Baldr", you're using Norse mythology, which is obviously free to use.

But I think they made the Baldur's Grape joke in the game itself, so you might need to get extra creative.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

Just name it "Baldr's Gape", see there's no trademark infringement now, Baldr is a Norse god.
Title in general makes it sound very gay though.
That'll help sales, after all nobody is making games for the underserved 2SLGBTQIA+ market

I'm liking the fight at the Moonrise prison. It's probably the first time where I actually feel like I'm facing a challenge.

What fight? I just assassinated everyone and then freed the prisioners is there something cool if you do it properly?
You can give a blunt weapon to the gnome so he can break the wall behind him. This will trigger the guards and a fight will ensue. The eyes call for reinforcements. Some of them are pretty tough. You can do it peacefully but I'm feeling like doing some proper smiting.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin

After you pass that point, are you essentially just a custom origin PC? No more reactivity to durge?

StrongBelwas

Cipher
Patron
Or you can just go behind the wall and break it from there. At least, I assume you could. Never tried it, but I've been behind the wall and seen the conveniently-placed dock that makes no sense.
Thats how I did it, the tieflings have a wall just like it with their cell. As far as I can tell thats the best way to get the gnomes and the tieflings out without a fight (Also killed the floating eyes beforehand which probably helped.)

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Jeez this is a bit tedious. Spamming rest to go through all the camp dialogues in Act1 before I go to moonrise.

So much stuff I would have missed out on if I didn't do it too.

Or you can just go behind the wall and break it from there. At least, I assume you could. Never tried it, but I've been behind the wall and seen the conveniently-placed dock that makes no sense.
Thats how I did it, the tieflings have a wall just like it with their cell. As far as I can tell thats the best way to get the gnomes and the tieflings out without a fight (Also killed the floating eyes beforehand which probably helped.)
Both the Eyes and the guards will trigger the alarms, but the Eyes can call for reinforcements with their psychic powers.

Jeez this is a bit tedious. Spamming rest to go through all the camp dialogues in Act1 before I go to moonrise.

People are saying frequent long rests help you avoid bugs in the long run, fwiw

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron

Yeah I missed the opening durge blood blood blood scene since by the time I rested I met the friendly tiefling bard.

Self-Ejected
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin

After you pass that point, are you essentially just a custom origin PC? No more reactivity to durge?
Thats just one of the durge outcomes.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Game definitely starts getting more buggy in Act 2. I'm stuck on the quest re. Halsin's wee bum chum - played hide and seek twice, beat mom, dad and the dog, and now I can see the little cunt on the map but he's not there (I have see invisible ofc) :( Reading around, it seems to be an exceptionally buggy quest on account of the fact that you can do part of it just if you've wandered around in the cursed area and stumbled across him, long before you've got the info from Halsin and done the sick guy on the bed business.

When people say "wtf were they doing with the Easy Access for so long?" it becomes obvious after a while that Easy Access must have been what resulted in a highly polished Act 1 (despite enormous complexity), and therefore a front-loaded game giving a sterling impression to the majority of players who probably won't go much past it. They've obviously tried to maintain the same complexity through Act 2, bless 'em, but it does start falling apart a bit.

I'm sure they'll get all their ducks in a row eventually, and of course one empathizes because it's such a humungously complex game and a monumental effort, but at this point it's starting to feel more like the standard kind of AAA bugginess of the Owlcat games.

Herumor

Scholar
Dark Urge definitely needs more content once he realizes he's a child of Bhaal.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Before you recruit minsc, he has 20 strength and 6 wisdom.

After you recruit minsc, if you don't respec him, he suddenly has only 12 str and 14 wisdom, aka the default ranger stats, which makes no sense at all.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Before you recruit minsc, he has 20 strength and 6 wisdom.

After you recruit minsc, if you don't respec him, he suddenly has only 12 str and 14 wisdom, aka the default ranger stats, which makes no sense at all.
One of the big drawbacks of no dice rolling for stats. Everyone's stats must be equal and balanced, even at the expense of matching the NPC build to the story.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Also you can get into the prison by telling the guard one of the prisoner is your father, except I'm playing a drow and that prisoner is a human. But the guard didn't question it, probabbly because it's abve her pay grade.

Again in chapter 3 the reaction to your race is significantly less, as a drow I just walking around the city and no one bats an eye. Another proff the third chapter is rushed and half assed.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Also you can get into the prison by telling the guard one of the prisoner is your father, except I'm playing a drow and that prisoner is a human. But the guard didn't question it, probabbly because it's abve her pay grade.
Guard is worried about being accused of racism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom