Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Turns out chapter 2 boss is virtually impossible if you let Shadowheart do her dark justiciar quest and kill the nightsong. Kethric just runs around unchecked and kills your party members in a single hit.

So how does time work in this game? I just learned some quests are time sensitive. I'm the kind of person who just likes to hang around the same area indefinitely, looking for every nook or cranny and shit like that. No sure if doing idle stuff makes time go by. Same for traveling around the map, or traveling in and out of camp. Right now i haven't rested a single time and none of my npcs are asking to go to sleep or anything like that so i'm not sure if time just stands still until you actually rest.
I think quests only progress to possible failure once you move to a new area. Taking time to look around shouldn't mess anything up.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I'm going to take a break from the game and wait for patches. Just in case.
Heh, at the speed I'm playing I probably reach act 3 when it's all patched up. Just wasted 2 hours to try and beat the phase spider and got roundly beaten. Probably come back there when I'm a bit higher than level 4
This fight is OP for the location it's at. I've only beaten it after doing everything else on the map.
It isn't that hard, you just need to command the mama spider to stay still.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Any possibility shit like that happens without you knowing it?
Yes, there's generally no proper indication a quest is timed, but the timed quests are usually unimportant side events. Only exception I can think of is Grymforge which becomes completely deserted if you rest or travel.

What's more likely is you'll miss a quest because of a point of no return. The main ones are going to the Mountain Pass or Moonrise tower zone, doing the Temple of Shar in act 2, and going to Baldur's Gate

Sunri

Liturgist
sgFP4li.jpg

bAIQUSS.jpg

https://www.tumblr.com/minthara/725488262015238144/i-extracted-minthara-files-and-searched-for-her

minthara
Obserwuj

i extracted files and searched for Minthara's name, some snippets (I sadly cant see who says them AND its really hard to tell one line from another) and it shows the romance is either bugged or they cut it out of the game
its all jumbled up, so theres 100 % more i cant find, but it doesnt mention her name. i did not add lines i personally encountered in game

SPOILERS

pregnancy
  • So, Minthara has one in the proverbial oven?
  • I hope we're not finished with our current labours before Minthara drops her egg. War is the perfect nursery for a child.
  • Minthara with child… Somehow I can't picture her sitting around the campfire, knitting baby booties…
  • Minthara's pregnant. A new life, a little one, sprung from all this fuckin' chaos.
companions about/to minthara (GUESSED BY ME!! IT DOESNT SAY WHO!!)
  • It's funny seeing you so smitten, Minthara. Didn't think you were able.
  • How curious - I've only ever known Minthara to moan with pleasure when somebody's losing a limb.
  • So, you and Minthara, is it? I suppose that little spark we shared has been snuffed out then. I don't blame you though - she is a… compelling prospect.
  • And you're carousing with Minthara.
  • Not interested in Minthara's leftovers, I'm afraid.
  • Any doubts about falling for a foe, Minthara? Or does that just add spice to things?
  • Minthara's something of a closed book, but I suspect a heart of gold lurks beneath that stern countenance.
  • So. You and Minthara. Wow. Impressive.
  • I bet Minthara is fun.
  • To choose Minthara over, well, anyone… It's certainly a brave decision. One might hazard to say reckless. Stupid. Fatal…
  • I hope you and Minthara are very happy together. Or miserable. Whatever she prefers.
  • Right. Well, far be it for me to stand in the way of true love. Or anything else Minthara wants, for that matter.
  • What about Minthara? Weren't you guys in some kind of horrific power play masquerading as romance?
  • Hey, so, what's romance like in the Underdark, Minthara?
  • And you favour Minthara, no less. I thought you valued yourself. Minthara certainly doesn't.
pc to/about minthara (GUESSED BY ME!! IT DOESNT SAY WHO!!)
  • Amorous passions usually make people more considerate, Minthara. Kinder. Sympathetic. Better at cooperating.
  • Even my people know the value of a carefully crafted coalition, Minthara. Is our own alliance not a case in point?
  • Who do you love, Minthara?
  • I'm yours, Minthara.
  • I've decided to pursue a relationship with Minthara. I thought you should know.
  • You've judged my affections wrongly - I am much closer to Minthara!
  • It was only sex, Minthara. Do you have to be so dramatic?
  • I'll do it. Just please - don't hurt Minthara.
  • Yes. I'm yours, Minthara.
  • She comes in here, into our camp, and lays hands on my Minthara?!
  • We'll find your family, Minthara. And slaughter them. Would you enjoy that?
  • You think I'm beautiful? Oh, Minthara.

narrator (GUESSED BY ME!! IT DOESNT SAY WHO!!)
  • You slept with the drow Minthara. You pleased her.
  • The guard is happy to let you pass - Minthara is rather less happy about your choice of words.
  • You slip into Minthara's mind while all her attention is focused on saving her own skin. You can feel her guilt everywhere, writhing and churning. All it takes is one little push…
idk
  • Who knows how long the real Minthara has been strapped to Orin's altar? We owe it to her to bring her back safely. She would do no less for you or I.
  • You're that True Soul that's been chumming around with Minthara, aren't you?
  • Care to share any of Minthara's weaknesses? Or would it take too long to go through them all?
  • And Minthara is - eh. A friend of yours, I am sure.
  • Distract her with thoughts of your night with Minthara.
  • Orin, masquerading as Minthara… That certainly explains her vociferous antipathy towards me.
  • And what more beautiful terror can there be than that wrought by Minthara and her love?
  • Why so surprised? Minthara murdered her way out of the womb.
  • I'm glad to know you have a softer side, Minthara. I was beginning to think you rather heartless.
  • Minthara Baenre. It is fair to say her intimacy is not easily won. Nevertheless, I did. Tried. (ORIN??)
  • My good friend Minthara is the funniest person I know.
  • Orin thinks Minthara's abduction is an ultimatum to kill Gortash.
status
  • Partnered with Minthara
  • Orin abducted Minthara. She told us that she'll release her if we kill Gortash.
  • Minthara is in Orin's clutches.
searching for "baenre"
  • It is true. Surface food lacks flavour. House Baenre banquets were legendary.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ok, Wyll is the absolute worst NPC i ever seen in an RPG. We are talking Neeshka bad but for the woke crowd, because he is clearly written the way he is because he is black. It's the most pathetic example of l1brul coddling for black people i've ever seen in my life.

What's it with forum nazis and the childish hyperbole? Wyll is, at worst, unoffensively bland. The only reason you're getting your knickers in a twist is because he's a negro.
He's Gordon Goodbrother.
It's disappointing that these people are too afraid to write interesting black characters.

Right.

It is SOOOOO obvious they wote him that way because in their heads they think blacks are magical, double plus good creatures that must be coddled like little children.

It's hilarious because they don't grasp how racist that actually is. They see blacks like they see their pets. They are not looking at them as if they were their equal, they are actually treating them as inferiors while trying to be "nice" to them.
isn't it obvious from how they presented generally? there is never black kingdom with unique black culture from where they all coming from, they are just knights, bishops and samurais BUT BLACK! blackfaced wypepo and asians is the only thing they getting from developers.
because if they will be given unique culture there will be outrage because of "stereotypes", "fetishization of bipoc of color" and other shit.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought you could "romance" every companion in this shit.

Just got to Act 3 after about 17 consecutive boss battles and there has been zero opportunities apart from the fags.

The skellington, Withers, even asked my character why he doesn't have a partner :foreveralone:

Penis B must be carrying some STD :lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
sgFP4li.jpg

bAIQUSS.jpg

https://www.tumblr.com/minthara/725488262015238144/i-extracted-minthara-files-and-searched-for-her

minthara
Obserwuj

i extracted files and searched for Minthara's name, some snippets (I sadly cant see who says them AND its really hard to tell one line from another) and it shows the romance is either bugged or they cut it out of the game
its all jumbled up, so theres 100 % more i cant find, but it doesnt mention her name. i did not add lines i personally encountered in game

SPOILERS

pregnancy
  • I hope we're not finished with our current labours before Minthara drops her egg. War is the perfect nursery for a child.
  • Minthara with child… Somehow I can't picture her sitting around the campfire, knitting baby booties…
  • Minthara's pregnant. A new life, a little one, sprung from all this fuckin' chaos.
  • How curious - I've only ever known Minthara to moan with pleasure when somebody's losing a limb.
  • So, you and Minthara, is it? I suppose that little spark we shared has been snuffed out then. I don't blame you though - she is a… compelling prospect.
  • Any doubts about falling for a foe, Minthara? Or does that just add spice to things?
  • Minthara's something of a closed book, but I suspect a heart of gold lurks beneath that stern countenance.
  • I bet Minthara is fun.
  • To choose Minthara over, well, anyone… It's certainly a brave decision. One might hazard to say reckless. Stupid. Fatal…
  • I hope you and Minthara are very happy together. Or miserable. Whatever she prefers.
  • Right. Well, far be it for me to stand in the way of true love. Or anything else Minthara wants, for that matter.
  • What about Minthara? Weren't you guys in some kind of horrific power play masquerading as romance?
  • And you favour Minthara, no less. I thought you valued yourself. Minthara certainly doesn't.
  • Amorous passions usually make people more considerate, Minthara. Kinder. Sympathetic. Better at cooperating.
  • Even my people know the value of a carefully crafted coalition, Minthara. Is our own alliance not a case in point?
  • I'm yours, Minthara.
  • I've decided to pursue a relationship with Minthara. I thought you should know.

• The guard is happy to let you pass - Minthara is rather less happy about your choice of words.
  • You slip into Minthara's mind while all her attention is focused on saving her own skin. You can feel her guilt everywhere, writhing and churning. All it takes is one little push…
idk
  • Who knows how long the real Minthara has been strapped to Orin's altar? We owe it to her to bring her back safely. She would do no less for you or I.
  • Care to share any of Minthara's weaknesses? Or would it take too long to go through them all?
  • Orin, masquerading as Minthara… That certainly explains her vociferous antipathy towards me.
  • And what more beautiful terror can there be than that wrought by Minthara and her love?
  • I'm glad to know you have a softer side, Minthara. I was beginning to think you rather heartless.
  • Minthara Baenre. It is fair to say her intimacy is not easily won. Nevertheless, I did. Tried. (ORIN??)
status
  • Orin abducted Minthara. She told us that she'll release her if we kill Gortash.
searching for "baenre"
It's actually good they cut that.

Sunri

Liturgist
sgFP4li.jpg

bAIQUSS.jpg

minthara
Obserwuj

SPOILERS

pregnancy
  • I bet Minthara is fun.
  • I'm yours, Minthara.

idk
status
searching for "baenre"
Cutting 90% of character content is not that good from what i read, she will make comments on various things but player dont have any dialogues options with her same as karla

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
In Act II, I've completed Shar's Temple (stopping short of the point where the player receives a warning about continuing), explored just about everything outside of Moonrise Tower, and finally proceeded into Moonrise Tower, where I slaughtered multiple groups of enemies and shifted a lever to free a few gnomish and tiefling prisoners, who promptly ran out of the dungeon, only for strange messages to appear in my journal about a boat that no-one mentioned in dialogue and that I should secure the safety of those fleeing, but when I followed them outside I received further messages that they had all perished.
:happytrollboy:
I can restore a recent save, but I suppose I need to determine the proper order for doing things in Moonrise Tower so the game doesn't bug out like that.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I can restore a recent save, but I suppose I need to determine the proper order for doing things in Moonrise Tower so the game doesn't bug out like that.
The way I did it was:
talk to gnomes who have an escape plan, they need tools (blunt weapon like mace, warhammer)
Kill the floating eyes and the wardens in the prison (otherwise they might pursue and kill the prisoners).
Give blunt weapon to gnomes who will use it to smash the wall of their cell and then will also free the tieflings. They will use the tunnels to flee to a boat.
Open cells with levers in warden office and follow them to boat. Use boat.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So how does time work in this game? I just learned some quests are time sensitive. I'm the kind of person who just likes to hang around the same area indefinitely, looking for every nook or cranny and shit like that. No sure if doing idle stuff makes time go by. Same for traveling around the map, or traveling in and out of camp. Right now i haven't rested a single time and none of my npcs are asking to go to sleep or anything like that so i'm not sure if time just stands still until you actually rest.
Traveling between areas and resting causes time to pass. Certain events will also activate if you get close and then finish if you don't intervene. Like an NPC might fight some enemies and if you don't get involved he'll die.

Any possibility shit like that happens without you knowing it? Right now i have to make a couple of trips back and forth to camp because i was too lazy to sort out my shit and i kept sending stuff to the camp chest box. I want to sell everything now but i'm not sure if that's going to make me miss some shit. I'm also not sure if there's a ticking clock element in the druid plan to kick out the tieflings and complete their enchancement.

Game always seems to let you know, though you’re often warned in the journal, so read that

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The way I did it was:
talk to gnomes who have an escape plan, they need tools (blunt weapon like mace, warhammer)
Kill the floating eyes and the wardens in the prison (otherwise they might pursue and kill the prisoners).
Give blunt weapon to gnomes who will use it to smash the wall of their cell and then will also free the tieflings. They will use the tunnels to flee to a boat.
Open cells with levers in warden office and follow them to boat. Use boat.

Mine bugged out, but I “fixed” it by killing all enemies before giving tools to the gnomes

volklore

Arcane

Spoiler but i find funny i wonder how many murderhobos killed him to then get a cold shower after lol.

I also got a game over screen after insulting
the gith queen. It went smth like this. ''you're a god, you can do your own dirty work, no ?'' ''don't insult me boy, I will end you'' ''Bring it on bitch'' - game over.

peak barbarian roleplaying.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Just a reminder that in Baldur's Gate 1-2-ToB timeline, it takes almost 2 years before CHARNAME starts fighting demigod level threats.

It wasn't even two weeks and TAV is involved in cosmic intrigues and fighting avatars.

:kingcomrade::kingcomrade::kingcomrade:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
sgFP4li.jpg

bAIQUSS.jpg

minthara
Obserwuj

SPOILERS

pregnancy
  • I bet Minthara is fun.
  • I'm yours, Minthara.

idk
status
searching for "baenre"
Cutting 90% of character content is not that good from what i read, she will make comments on various things but player dont have any dialogues options with her same as karla
If the element is part of yet another "evil to good" story arc, and for a Drow character this time, I'll pass.

Meeting Nere was refreshing, I thought "finally an actual Drow". Then I had to kill him, which may have been fortunate. Learning more about him runs the risk of souring my initial good impression of the character.

Mojobeard

Augur

Spoiler but i find funny i wonder how many murderhobos killed him to then get a cold shower after lol.

the gith queen. It went smth like this. ''you're a god, you can do your own dirty work, no ?'' ''don't insult me boy, I will end you'' ''Bring it on bitch'' - game over.

Did that too.
She specifically Wishes us dead.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Picked drow on my second playthrough and apparently unlike every other races(except gith probably), if you pick drow you are not from baulder's gate. You don't get those dialogues saying things about your time during baulder's gate.
I'm playing as a drow and from dialogues it's clear the character is from Menzoberranzan. There are dialogues with other drows mentioning it multiple times, as well as various house-families from there.

AwesomeButton

Patron
In Act II, I've completed Shar's Temple (stopping short of the point where the player receives a warning about continuing), explored just about everything outside of Moonrise Tower, and finally proceeded into Moonrise Tower, where I slaughtered multiple groups of enemies and shifted a lever to free a few gnomish and tiefling prisoners, who promptly ran out of the dungeon, only for strange messages to appear in my journal about a boat that no-one mentioned in dialogue and that I should secure the safety of those fleeing, but when I followed them outside I received further messages that they had all perished.
:happytrollboy:
Obviously I should purge all Grymforge of Duergar before I go towards Moonrise, just to be safe. Thanks!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Did that too.
She specifically Wishes us dead.

You get another one by just using one of Galen's abilities. Just clicking it. At any point in the game.

I'll let you guess which one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom