Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Goddamn what's even the point of Storm Sorcery? You can count the Thunder/Electricity spells on one hand and your top class feature activates on being hit.
Free flight is cool, and it's not like other subclasses offer anything better
You don't reposition that often and Misty Step from items and scrolls is ubiquitous.

But that's just 5e for you, the more I look the shittier most of the subclasses turn out to be.
Misty Step costs an action retard. Seriously, why do people do this to themselves. Play the damn class, and ask for help if you're sucking. It isn't hard.

When it's free you reposition constantly and Fly is great at getting up to high ground for that +2 to hit and protection from low archers.
I've found two items that have it as a bonus action.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The only turn off I have of tactician mode is the health bloat, this game has a lot of combat with a lot of enemies.

Too bad for you.

I love turn based but some of those 15 goblin/gnoll/ghost/gith fights are a doozy.

Now this is clearly hyperbole. As far as turn based combat goes, this game is smooth sailing. I cleared the goblin camp in the defiled temple and besides there being like 15 enemies against my party, it was a breeze.
Like I understand a lot of the criticism, but the smootheness of the tb combat is proven and not an issue, even on tactician.

It's not that those encounters are hard, they're not, it's that they take so fucking long because the animation speed is so slow and there are so many combatants.

Mojobeard

Augur
Act 3 or whatever Baldur's Gate is, has had some lack of polish issues.

There's questlines where I can talk to people about stuff I'm 100% I've never heard about, and I do at least skim through letters and other items. Or where it feels like at least one part of the quest is missing. Or where I'm getting the complete wrong Choices and Consequences: "My daughter is alive, oh thank you", later: "Everyone is dead, even my daughter".
There was one "[Persuasion] tell me everything you know about X" "Alright, fine." And then the conversation ends. I talk to her again, it takes me back to the dialog loop, again just abruptly ending.
There's been multiple places where I get stuck on something while jumping, sometimes causing me to die, or leaving me on some ledge so I need to jump down the next round, eating actions and melee attacks. Not weird jumps, but clearly intended routes.
Some minor stuff too. One area had a placeholder name. Sometimes characters vibrate in cutscenes.

There's also clearly enough extra XP for at least level 14.

jf8350143

Liturgist
My theory is that they made the game with a level 10 cap in mind, and level 11 and 12 was added very late during the development cycle.

So there are only a few of level 6 spells because they don't have the time to create more, and the balance is just fucked, everything is pissy easy after you get to level 12.

Elthosian

Arcane
Imagine being this somber and reverent for a frikking video game lmao.

Gaymers are a blight on humanity and need to be exterminated.
Still better than the live service and gacha gambling addicts. Come, brothers, there are DLC consumers to smite.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
My theory is that they made the game with a level 10 cap in mind, and level 11 and 12 was added very late during the development cycle.

So there are only a few of level 6 spells because they don't have the time to create more, and the balance is just fucked, everything is pissy easy after you get to level 12.
Wasn't LVL12 the point where 5e completely breaks anyway?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Wasn't LVL12 the point where 5e completely breaks anyway?

The generally agreed power jumps are 5, 11, 17 and 20.

Basically whenever fighter gets an extra attack and cantrips scale, and the powerful 20 caps.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm going to take a break from the game and wait for patches. Just in case.
Heh, at the speed I'm playing I probably reach act 3 when it's all patched up. Just wasted 2 hours to try and beat the phase spider and got roundly beaten. Probably come back there when I'm a bit higher than level 4
This fight is OP for the location it's at. I've only beaten it after doing everything else on the map.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still better than the live service and gacha gambling addicts. Come, brothers, there are DLC consumers to smite.
I just want to, respectfully, point out that the BG games have had 1 piece of DLC each, so far. It's not out of the realm of possibility that tradition will want to be maintained and Larian has already been asked to produce the DLC to BG III.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do I have to complete these shitty boring "puzzles" for Shar if I want to reach the Inner Sanctum? These trials just annoy me, why do RPG devs so often include such crappy mini games?

Elthosian

Arcane
I just want to, respectfully, point out that the BG games have had 1 piece of DLC each, so far. It's not out of the realm of possibility that tradition will want to be maintained and Larian has already been asked to produce the DLC to BG III.

I wouldn't classify TOTSC/TOB as cashgrab DLC given that at the time you were getting them with a shiny big box, thicc manual and for reduced price compared to the main game while the campaigns could last well above 10/20 hours.

BG3 *might* end up having an expansion but with Larian's story of releasing enhanced editions for free I'd say it's more likely they do that again and just add a couple quests from cut content, maybe an extra level or two. And if they actually do an expansion it will probably be much more in TOB/Brood War territory than even something like the POE DLC. not to speak of horse armor DLC and other live service shenanigans.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So how does time work in this game? I just learned some quests are time sensitive. I'm the kind of person who just likes to hang around the same area indefinitely, looking for every nook or cranny and shit like that. No sure if doing idle stuff makes time go by. Same for traveling around the map, or traveling in and out of camp. Right now i haven't rested a single time and none of my npcs are asking to go to sleep or anything like that so i'm not sure if time just stands still until you actually rest.

Sunri

Liturgist
KDemfEJ.png

janior

Arcane
Patron
I'm going to take a break from the game and wait for patches. Just in case.
Heh, at the speed I'm playing I probably reach act 3 when it's all patched up. Just wasted 2 hours to try and beat the phase spider and got roundly beaten. Probably come back there when I'm a bit higher than level 4
This fight is OP for the location it's at. I've only beaten it after doing everything else on the map.
its not bad, just gotta use the alchemist fire, whenever the big spider is one one of the webs, grease bottles with fire spells help too against the small spiders

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
So how does time work in this game? I just learned some quests are time sensitive. I'm the kind of person who just likes to hang around the same area indefinitely, looking for every nook or cranny and shit like that. No sure if doing idle stuff makes time go by. Same for traveling around the map, or traveling in and out of camp. Right now i haven't rested a single time and none of my npcs are asking to go to sleep or anything like that so i'm not sure if time just stands still until you actually rest.
Traveling between areas and resting causes time to pass. Certain events will also activate if you get close and then finish if you don't intervene. Like an NPC might fight some enemies and if you don't get involved he'll die.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, Wyll is the absolute worst NPC i ever seen in an RPG. We are talking Neeshka bad but for the woke crowd, because he is clearly written the way he is because he is black. It's the most pathetic example of l1brul coddling for black people i've ever seen in my life.

What's it with forum nazis and the childish hyperbole? Wyll is, at worst, unoffensively bland. The only reason you're getting your knickers in a twist is because he's a negro.
He's Gordon Goodbrother.
It's disappointing that these people are too afraid to write interesting black characters.

Right.

It is SOOOOO obvious they wote him that way because in their heads they think blacks are magical, double plus good creatures that must be coddled like little children.

It's hilarious because they don't grasp how racist that actually is. They see blacks like they see their pets. They are not looking at them as if they were their equal, they are actually treating them as inferiors while trying to be "nice" to them.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Traveling between areas and resting causes time to pass. Certain events will also activate if you get close and then finish if you don't intervene. Like an NPC might fight some enemies and if you don't get involved he'll die.

Any possibility shit like that happens without you knowing it? Right now i have to make a couple of trips back and forth to camp because i was too lazy to sort out my shit and i kept sending stuff to the camp chest box. I want to sell everything now but i'm not sure if that's going to make me miss some shit. I'm also not sure if there's a ticking clock element in the druid plan to kick out the tieflings and complete their enchancement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom