Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
There were always bonus action spells like healing word.
In 5e you're only allowed to cast one spell per turn, regardless of the type of action.

Edit: To be more specific actually, you can't cast a bonus action spell in the same turn as another spell. Fighters can cast two per turn if they use action surge.

Aemar

Arcane
1000000431-png.39636
Ah yes, the pozzed game that self-identifies as Baldur's Gate 3.

I was going with Froggy, Shadow and Astarion, and they never said anything, no party banter. Then I'm going to the goblin camp to get the druid back, but this time, I replaced Froggy and Astarion with Wyll and Gale. Now the trio talk ALL THE TIME. It's weird.

There is a scrollbar. It's on the left side of the screen. Blind fuck.

Scroll bar in options is on the left. Put on your glasses, grampa.
So this is the quality of BG3 haters we get these days?

Motherfucker, where? Here's the fucking screen in full, spin up MS Paint and circle Waldo. Glasses didn't help, there's nothing on the left and the thing to the right is just a fucking ornament.

bg3-keybinds-menu.jpg
It's supposed to look like this

baldurs-gate-3-controller-settings.jpg

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
One nice innovation is the "Inspirations" - if you are true to your background in any of a series of about a dozen or so events per background, you get an Inspiration point (max 4 to hodl or spend) which you can use up to reroll an ability check. Quite a neat idea, as it encourages you to stick to the rp flavour you chose

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Trying to make a basic human dude to check out the game, confronted with character appearance, I am not gonna waste my time with your fucking sliders and tattoos and nose ring selectors, but every time I hit randomize I can feel myself getting more and more pozzed, wtf is this abomination!?

Oddly enough the elves defaults seem fairly ok visually, so I guess thats an achievement, the first RPG where taking an elf is less gay than choosing a human.

looool you know how there's a 100+ hp spider in some cave under the first goblin village you find? The one with the gnome on the windmill? Well, it just so happens that I gave Wyll the power to push enemies when he laded a hit with the eldritch ray thing warlocks have. So he hit the spider, and by chance, the spider fell directly into a chasm and died immediately. Free xp!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Trying to make a basic human dude to check out the game, confronted with character appearance, I am not gonna waste my time with your fucking sliders and tattoos and nose ring selectors, but every time I hit randomize I can feel myself getting more and more pozzed, wtf is this abomination!?

Oddly enough the elves defaults seem fairly ok visually, so I guess thats an achievement, the first RPG where taking an elf is less gay than choosing a human.
by even considering an elf you proved game correctly assumes your "human's" sexuality.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is there a mod where I can remove all the characters and writing so I can play the supposedly good parts? Not feeling good into playing a Netflix adaptation of BG 2.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
One nice innovation is the "Inspirations" - if you are true to your background in any of a series of about a dozen or so events per background, you get an Inspiration point (max 4 to hodl or spend) which you can use up to reroll an ability check. Quite a neat idea, as it encourages you to stick to the rp flavour you chose
It's an optional rule standard to 5e. Although the DM can generally reward it for whatever they want.

1691208999270.png

The above is the best paladin face template, although I chose a cooler hairstyle.

notpl

Arbiter
Anyone tried a necromancer yet? I love grimdark bullshit and both the pathfinder games had great options for roleplaying a necro, but I haven't heard anyone mention the wizard specialties in this except to rave about how overpowered divination is.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I've just found out that a specific minor NPC that I like dies if you don't develop mind-reading abilities and foresee that you need to go on a time-sensitive sidequest to rescue him. There go five hours of gameplay.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Breaking up big encounters into many smaller ones seems to be the way to go. Just cleaning up the Duregar now if I did the normal way I'd have to fight them all at once or make a deal so I only have to fight half. Better just to kill them all in little bits at a time.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I've just found out that a specific minor NPC that I like dies if you don't develop mind-reading abilities and foresee that you need to go on a time-sensitive sidequest to rescue him. There go five hours of gameplay.

Good. :positive:

Elthosian

Arcane
https://gamalytic.com/game/1086940

Yesterday the page showed 1.9 million copies sold and now it’s at 2.8. Wonder when Larian will announce some numbers on this.
Taking in account that Steam/GOG take a 30% cut, they're probably close to break even (or just crossed it) from the PC version alone.

Bioware on suicide watch?
Did they invest at all on marketing? Like real ads and shit, not the good karma articles all over the net. I have as many adblockers as I can, don’t watch TV and barely check youtube, so no real way to know for me.

Zeriel

Arcane

If only rerolls actually mattered. It's practically a "save yourself a few seconds by not reloading your quicksave" button. Would be a lot more impactful if the game had enforced iron man rolls or something without ironman deaths.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"One nice innovation is the "Inspirations" "

"INNOVATION"

"I n N o V a T i O n"

FUKK OFF.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom