Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's quite queer how the same people who rightly shit on WOTR for being pozzed, degenerate trash are now suddenly singing the praises of a game which is, apparently, even more full of degenerate trash... Is it the Baldur's Gate branding? Is it OK when it's D&D and not an offshoot? Is it because Larian?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It's quite queer how the same people who rightly shit on WOTR for being pozzed, degenerate trash are now suddenly singing the praises of a game which is, apparently, even more full of degenerate trash... Is it the Baldur's Gate branding? Is it OK when it's D&D and not an offshoot? Is it because Larian?
You're absolutely correct, they should embrace WOTR as well

DeepOcean

Arcane
codex: "this game sucks!"

Nn1OGvO.png

also codex: "the spankbank has been refilled"
I'm pleasantly surprised to see Shadowheart is not as flat-chested with clothes off as she is with her armor on.Try looking at her from the side with armor on, it's really startling how conservative the modeler was.
I'm more curious about the life of the Larian virtual pube stylist and the kinds of feedback he sends for Swen and the other team members.

Lemming42

Arcane
Decided to restart the game as a Half-Orc Monk and holy fuck it's fun. Amazed how many people you can terrify into line just by glaring at them with [HALF-ORC] options, and for everyone else, Flurry of Blows makes them eat shit. Trying to go full non-lethal and yeah, the game definitely doesn't give a shit. Beat some Dwarf merchant dude into a coma because he caught me stealing, came back the next day after a Long Rest and he was chirpy as ever and willing to sell me shit.

Just met this wood elf druid guy, who I didn't meet last time around because I killed him or something in a major misunderstanding. I can't stop laughing every time I see his fucking face. It's like some shit from the old He-Man cartoon come to life. Why are Wood Elves from Yorkshire.

"Ey up we'll have to go to moonrise tower" hahaha his face looks like a chunk of ham wearing a cheap Amazon wig. Is this the highly-anticipated bear-fuck-guy? He'd need to transform into a bear before I'd even want to go anywhere near his fat sweaty face.

Still trying to settle on the least annoying party combo. Staggeringly, Gale and Shadowheart, who are both intolerable, seem to be the two best picks. I can't stand that guy with the stupid conrows who's hunting devils or whatever. Frog Lady and Vampire Boy are out because they're just fucking ridiculous, it's like Morrigan from Generic Age all over again.

"Orphaned Child: Can you help me? I'm drowning!
Me: ok
FROG LADY DISAPPROVES.
VAMPIRE BOY DISAPPROVES."

Starting to wonder about the viability of a solo playthrough where you just leave these people at camp and go off doing your own thing. My stealth skill is sound, my combat skills are ace, and I'm able to do most speech checks pretty reliably, so...

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Playing a warlock right now with an Archfey pact. I have to say I've not noticed any patron interactions yet. Was this actually implemented?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Here is something you can solve - find a scroll of remove paralysis. I've been looking and I can't find one, and it's needed for a little sidequest.
If this concerns the tiefling who can't walk, you need to
cast Lesser Restoration, which is a second level cleric spell accessible by Shadowheart as soon as she attains third level.

"The looming threat of bearing children" lol

If you were designing a psywar meme to obviate the need for killing actual soldiers it would be hard to come up with a better one.
That is exactly the plot of the science-fiction short story "The Education of Tigress McCardle", written by C.M. Kornbluth and published in 1957. PRC on USA. :M Not one of his better stories, though.

Yosharian

Arcane

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
May Mielikki forgive me. I'm about to continue playing this because, rephrasing what one wise man said, "Even though I can't stand parts of the game, there are not many TB games on the scene to pass a big one."

Perkel

Arcane

People assume that people tend to look at games as average of its features but reality is that people like dislike particular features. Game can have amazing feature someone loves and 5 other features that are shit but for them this is the best game ever precisely because of that feature they like.

For me right now roleplaying aspect and combat are miles above competition in BG3. IDK about later but this is feeling I get from act1.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Playing a warlock right now with an Archfey pact. I have to say I've not noticed any patron interactions yet. Was this actually implemented?
So I literally just found out that as a Warlock you get NO INTERACTIONS WITH YOUR PATRON.

No I am not joking.
I haven't even noticed any subclass dialog options like the other classes have yet either.

I shoulda just bit the bullet and played Wyll

Perkel

Arcane
I think I am getting hold of inventory management. I thought it was just like DOS one aka clusterfuck but they added ctrl/shift click which means you can mark most of your inventory for sale as long as you remember to store stuff you want to use in backpack/bag/purses. Moreover there is "wares" marking which marks them with icon for sale.

Lemming42

Arcane
Went to meet that one-horned Tiefling everyone's on about. She seems fun so I invited her to join me, but my heart froze when I walked into that hut with the "paladins" and saw a guy called Anders.

Anders. My blood turned to ice in my veins and my eyes went wider than the average BG3 player's butthole as my mind reeled and my PTSD kicked in, forcing me to relive the whole of Dragon Age 2.

EDIT: Okay, after about five minutes with her, I really like Karlach. Only companion so far who hasn't made me want to put an icepick through their eye.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom