Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's annoying not having a manual or a class guide listing what you can get at later levels. Even Solasta did this basic thing fine.

Does anyone know if any additional warlock invocations have been added?
I don't think so

Let me know what you want to know I can test it for you
In 5th edition Pact of the Blade warlocks can take an invocation to get an additional attack at level 5. I'm trying to work out how to build a melee cha focused warlock, but without that additional attack I'll just go straight caster.

Warlocks get Extra Attack, it's from an invocation called Thirsting Blade. Only Pact of the Blade has access. Unless they didn't put it in the game? Which would massively suck.

PapaPetro

It's annoying not having a manual or a class guide listing what you can get at later levels. Even Solasta did this basic thing fine.

Does anyone know if any additional warlock invocations have been added?
I don't think so

Let me know what you want to know I can test it for you
In 5th edition Pact of the Blade warlocks can take an invocation to get an additional attack at level 5. I'm trying to work out how to build a melee cha focused warlock, but without that additional attack I'll just go straight caster.

Warlocks get Extra Attack, it's from an invocation called Thirsting Blade. Only Pact of the Blade has access. Unless they didn't put it in the game? Which would massively suck.
You just reminded me that I have to go earn my small PhD in 5e Build Theorycrafting before I can venture forth beyond character creation...
:negative:

I miss the old times of clicking randomly on shit to make the level up screens go away

Last edited by a moderator:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Also, I fucked the frog.

So, how was the cloaca?
Not good. Her face, especially in the intro cutscene, is as sexualized as a gith face can be. But naked they made her look like a frog grandmother, I guess in an effort to make her look strong.

dpN8Lky.jpg

Ud8BuKZ.jpg

Also, minor spoiler to hopefully wash that image from your minds:

7e0ZFE7.jpg

gongal

Educated
Just LOL at the competition, peak steam numbers (so far):
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Pillars of Eternity 2
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  • Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  • Solasta

Weirdly coincides with the rising number of troons worldwide

PapaPetro

I'm actually surprised full nudity is available in Australia. I would have thought our censors would have disallowed it as they have with so many other games (Even briefly Crusader Kings 3).
I guess because Australia doesn't consider Gith as human or even real?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
rating_racist.png

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Just LOL at the competition, peak steam numbers (so far):
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Pillars of Eternity 2
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  • Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  • Solasta

Weirdly coincides with the rising number of troons worldwide
Cope, it's just a better game.

Played co-op until the druid grove. Massive slowdown (single FPS) problems and visual glitches, version number still showing after all EA files were deleted, but when it works it's pretty fun. Very obvious why the xbox version was delayed until they fix the co-op, it's barely playable on a decent PC.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Played co-op until the druid grove. Massive slowdown (single FPS) problems and visual glitches, version number still showing after all EA files were deleted, but when it works it's pretty fun. Very obvious why the xbox version was delayed until they fix the co-op, it's barely playable on a decent PC.
They knew most PC players don't have friends

Gradenmayer

Learned
Keep in mind: Dark Urge goes batshit at the end of act 1 and resisting it forces 18 score wisdom rolls and if you fail them, well… let’s say that’s quite impactful to the story.

It also makes Halflings the best class to resist dark urge with, which is very based.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only thing missing is Kirill Pokrovsky,. His performance on Divine divinity and Divinity 2 was very good. I miss the guy.

Damn that's a blast from the past. Haven't played it in nearly two decades but that music stuck with you.

Wonder how many of that original team are still around. (And how many got attrited by the misery of making educational games in the mid-2000s.)

Many left after Divine divinity, the rest left Larian after Divinity 2 ego draconis/Divinity original sin 1.

It's an entirely new team now, aside from Swen.

Who left after Original Sin 1? It's true that few Divine Divinity developers remain, but there's a core team of guys like David Walgrave, Farhang Namdar, etc that have been at Larian for over 15 years.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Keep in mind: Dark Urge goes batshit at the end of act 1 and resisting it forces 18 score wisdom rolls and if you fail them, well… let’s say that’s quite impactful to the story.

It also makes Halflings the best class to resist dark urge with, which is very based.

What happens? Curious to know. Can spoil it for me np.

Shaki

Arbiter
I found the hideout of tiefling kids, the kid tells me I have to get out before he counts to ten. He counts, then he gets bugged (or is it design?) and just starts endlessly yelling one voiceline *kids, scatter!*, but nothing else happens. I finally attacked him just to shut him up, of course he's immortal, when his hp drops to zero he just runs away while being invulnerable and non-interactable, then comes back after a while and keeps yelling the same line forever. Is this the polish, reactivity and freedom I was promised by Larian fans who played the EA?

I never even touched early access and I get a version number display anyway.

Gradenmayer

Learned

What happens? Curious to know. Can spoil it for me np.
A lot of shit. It starts wiping out main story NPCs left and right, and
kills your romanced companion if you don’t pass 3 18 score checks in a row.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom