Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
take back the hitler ratings please I am black I get to say it
Being a redguard doesn't excuse you from discriminating against the low level races. Our low level brothers and sisters have as much right to post in the thread as us.

Screenshot_20230822-070058_Chrome.jpg
I was almost ready to bet this would be a fake or a self-parody but nope. I checked on Twatter and this delirious tirade goes on for a dozen posts or so.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember: the first creators of RPGs were an architect and a writer.
Gary Gygax was a former insurance underwriter turned self-employed shoe-repairman, while Dave Arneson was a recent college graduate without anything resembling a career. :M
I thought Colossal Cave Adventure were made by a guy and his wife. And 1 did the mapping, and the other the writing.

Barbarian

Arcane
13) Epilogues - Full epilogue cutscenes have been datamined that varied greatly depending on your choices. These were the "17K ending variations" that Larian told us about, yet they are completely absent in the final game leading only to a fade to black scene at the end of the game.

Wait, is this true? WTF?

Even the trannyfinder games had nice epilogues and Larian's ULTRA GOTY BEST RPG EVAH gives you a fade to black scene at endgame?

I imagine this post is either exagerated, poorly written or both - and that you actually get some kind of ending/epilogue for the companions and decisions you made along the way. Right?

:negative:

Barbarian

Arcane
13) Epilogues - Full epilogue cutscenes have been datamined that varied greatly depending on your choices. These were the "17K ending variations" that Larian told us about, yet they are completely absent in the final game leading only to a fade to black scene at the end of the game.

Wait, is this true? WTF?

Even the trannyfinder games had nice epilogues and Larian's ULTRA GOTY BEST RPG EVAH gives you a fade to black scene at endgame?

I imagine this post is either exagerated, poorly written or both - and that you actually get some kind of ending/epilogue for the companions and decisions you made along the way. Right?

:negative:

Reminder that Swen himself and other larianites boasted about "17k ending variations" and such before game's release.

This is downright insulting. Hopefully this gets patched in - and not something added in a "definitive edition" possibly years from now.

Barbarian

Arcane
ITT, planned epilogue seems to involve Withers as the narrator - possibly with a "meeting" of sorts.

If they have any dignity whatsoever this gets added in one of the first actual patches. Shame on them.

END_GameFinale_CompanionFates
Withers has gathered the companions together one final time as a reunion of sorts 6 months later. They each exposit their various activities. Minthara is not here because she is only present if she is partnered with the player (she is still a speaker here but can change).
END_GameFinale_WithersGathersCompanions
6 months later after saving Baldur's Gate, Withers gathers the companions and player around a campfire to invite them to recollect what they've been doing.
END_GodsAndMonsters_WithersChronicles
Scene that plays after END_GodsAndMonsters_WithersMeeting in which Withers settles the accounts of what happened to all the characters after the events of the game ended.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We have different sex scenes for various gender and race combinations but can't even have an ending :negative:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yea, let's just write good script lmao it's so easy why didnt Swen think about it, is he stupid?
Chris Avellone is available. It really is that easy.
Except it's not. Avellone's masterpiece is a commercial dud and only enjoyable and cherished in spite of the game being hot garbage to play.
What has MCA written recently that actually had good gameplay attached to it ?

How is gameplay his problem if he is only doing writing?

Speaking of which, this game would have been ten times better if he and some of the old Black Isle or pre-exodus Obsidian gang had been in the writing team. I just had to ditch Karlach as i just can't stand this bitch talk like a fucking modern day butch American lesbian. I don't understand how it is possible for anyone to actually enjoy this kind of writing.

Barbarian

Arcane
I was going to hold out on the first patch to end this... maybe I should hold out for the "definitive edition" next year.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
RPGs are about the journey not the end
Yeah, no. A terrible ending can sour the rest of the journey. Back when EA was in ME3 damage control mode, they were literally spreading advertisements with the same quote plastered over it, and it didn't make the ending 1 inch better either.

Not that this is anywhere near as bad as the retarded ME3 ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom