Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Perkel

Arcane
Really hate armor design. It is like they never saw any armor in their life. Reminds me a lot Neverwinter Nights with those designs. Chain on armors is the worst. And they look like amateur modder work. Metal also has this weird "glow" especially on frog armor that feels more like polished mirror silver than iron/steel.

And there is this Betsheda like NPC character glow on characters regardless in what lighting they are. You can especially see that on that black guy as he stands in full sun and you can still see white light rim at the edges. I see it often in games and I always mod it out but here it is just atrocious.

Frame rate has to be the most overrated metric ever, especially for RPG or strategy games. I turn of VSYNC and lock frame rate at 50 frames per second so my 3080 does not explode trying to constantly show everything at 300 FPS while I nerd spaz out and compare various +1 and -1 bonus that various types of Armour and weapons will give me in the character screen or turn based combat menus for hours on end...meanwhile my graphics card is smoking trying to realistically display flags and fog and worthogs back and nose hairs blowing in the breeze at 280 FPS...

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Well thief got a fucking stake. Bravo on Larian to give me that chance.
Yeah, if this is what you're talking about. There is definitely incline in this game:

PUd4y3q.jpg

I can't believe this gypsy is trying to convince me his child had the right to steal shit?

Like it's part of their culture or something, so everyone should put up. Lol. What does this remind me of, let me think :lol:

Also, Its mom mentions something is annoying to her, and the kid's first idea is to steal the thing?
Your MC looks like the avatar from Ultima, very nice

Yosharian

Arcane
Frame rate has to be the most overrated metric ever, especially for RPG or strategy games. I turn of VSYNC and lock frame rate at 50 frames per second so my 3080 does not explode trying to constantly show everything at 300 FPS while I nerd spaz out and compare various +1 and -1 bonus that various types of Armour and weapons will give me in the character screen or turn based combat menus for hours on end...meanwhile my graphics card is smoking trying to realistically display flags and fog and worthogs back and nose hairs blowing in the breeze at 280 FPS...
Spoken like a true retard. Just because you don't have the tech, knowledge or brain cells to appreciate high frame rate doesn't mean it's overrated, you idiot.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Whatever the frame rate maxes out at is irrelevant, having a stable sufficiently high frame rate on the other hand is very important.

I'm fine with 60 FPS or even a bit lower if it's actually stable.

Spoken like a true retard. Just because you don't have the tech, knowledge or brain cells to appreciate high frame rate doesn't mean it's overrated, you idiot.
I have all the tech, but burning out my graphics card getting high frame rate on what is mostly just static windows is totally meaningless, nobody cares..lol

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How is the combat compared to Solasta's ? Also, are the feats better than in that game?

Whatever the frame rate maxes out at is irrelevant, having a stable sufficiently high frame rate on the other hand is very important.

I'm fine with 60 FPS or even a bit lower if it's actually stable.
that is the thing, my computer will try to run it at 250 frames per second and can constantly, but its totally meaningless, and is no different than if I am getting 55 frames per second all the time and the difference in temp is night and day

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have all the tech, but burning out my graphics card getting high frame rate on what is mostly just static windows is totally meaningless, nobody cares..lol
Sex just feels better in 150 fps than 30

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wish I had more time to play, too much stuff going irl :negative: I wish I had a week off to enjoy the game, but instead I'm working 7 days a week recently and have to do plenty other stuff

Kiste

Augur

He's right, partially. In a lot of games it makes no sense to run uncapped framerates in the hundreds. It wastes energy and running you GPU at full throttle all the time probably won't contribute to its longevity. In a game with no quick movement and lots of static screens there is little benefit to very high frame rates.

Capping the framerate as low as 50 and disabling vsync is plainly retarded, though.

Konjad

Patron
Nobody gives a fuck over 80ish anyway. Diminishing returns kicks in hard, and you're basically just fighting your own FOMO.
There's an option to set up a maximum frame rate or not, just use whatever you want, fellas, nobody cares

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm playing tactician right now and it definitely feels right. General Zhalk is much beefier and harder to kill such that I just ran instead of killing the guy (He sits with 200 hps on tactician). Enemies are just a bit harder to take down.

So they learned from the previous game in the series totally unrelated D:OS 2. Tacticool mode there was ridiculous, just covered everything in armor plates.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Initial impressions after few hours, no spoilers. I didn't play EA or followed game dev, went in blind.

- 5 edition i something I play first here and so far it seems great. Never liked insane micromanagement of 3.5 ed feats and this feels more like 2nd edition but with bunch more skills than just few or none on fighter.
I've only been telling everyone about this for the better part of a decade or so.

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
multiclassing spell progression same as 5e?
haste same as in EA?

also seems like magical secret does not work for pala/ranger/warlock spells so cant get "high level" spells

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom