Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Is wholegrain healthier? Sure, but I'd argue that white bread primarily gets its bad name from the commonly consumed processed shit, not real bread.
That "processed shit" is responsible for saving millions of lives because it can be mass-produced. It has nothing to do with syrups and shit. You can make bread that looks just like that without all that crap. The truth is adding all that stuff makes it more addictive so of course, these fat cat companies throw a ton of it in. It doesn't taste or feel nearly as good as the first picture, but the second picture saved the world.

Vatnik Wumao
Stop eating bread.
iu

Use that grain for tasty polenta instead.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I'm not 100% sure, but I just gotta believe, if anything does, it's buying games in Early Access that make Baby Jesus cry.

Please don't buy this. Please don't support scummy, shady practices like 'Early Access'. Do us all a favor. Don't encourage this greedy industry. You give these people an inch, they'll take a foot. We've all seen it.

Just wait.
Don't even wait. Take everything this person has said about early access and apply it to everything that is larian. Do us all a favor and don't partake in abldurs gate 3 at all.

J1M

Arcane
Is wholegrain healthier? Sure, but I'd argue that white bread primarily gets its bad name from the commonly consumed processed shit, not real bread.
That "processed shit" is responsible for saving millions of lives because it can be mass-produced. It has nothing to do with syrups and shit. You can make bread that looks just like that without all that crap. The truth is adding all that stuff makes it more addictive so of course, these fat cat companies throw a ton of it in. It doesn't taste or feel nearly as good as the first picture, but the second picture saved the world.
What is all this anti-white bread hate? White sourdough bread is amazing and doesn't taste sweet at all.

What you shouldn't eat is wonder"bread" or other processed breads with tons of syrup in them.

White bread should look like this:
3477688556_d85679b27d.jpg

3633802404_fd861e5874.jpg

Not like this processed shit:
530980_01_produktbild.jpg

450x450_skogaholmslimpa.png

The combination of a slow-fermenting yeast with whole grain is certainly better for you. Cooking with quick-rising yeast is like min-maxing for the tutorial of an RPG.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

So you're saying the mass-produced bread is to blame for the fact that I can't walk two steps without meeting hordes of entitled hominids? More reason to hate it, then.

Gyor

Savant
It's a normal, public Steam Early Access release. You can't do that hush hush.
Wonderful, just gotta make sure my liquor cabinet is well stocked for tomorrow night.

Poles leaked the BG3 EA overworld Map, I think?
8gpjcvfziar51.jpg
Oh, that's quite nice. I'm getting a sudden urge to recruit a Banshee and go plant my rod in some mine...

Some of Baldur's Gates districts are missing from that map, like Blackgate, so it will need to be fixed in EA.

But it looks amazing. Also not it's labeled Faerun, so the Underdark and the Planes like Hell will have their own maps no doubt.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Is 4 characters the party limit? That is... rather small isn't it?

Yes. D:OS had four characters. However, you can get six with mods, assuming BG3 will.have any, and that won't happen until, likely, way down the line.

Bara

Arcane
Other than wrath of the righteous and the recent dungeons of naheulbeuk I don't think we're going to see many rpgs going beyond the party limit of 4.

Plus the 5e balance between pcs and monsters gets really messy the more you have. There's a reason they've given monsters extra actions such as legendary and lair actions to try to give power back to the monsters in 5e.

Speaking of that I wonder if larian's going to adapt those into BG3. Maybe we'll see tomorrow.

I miss rpgs partys of 6 or 8 person groups. Naheulbeuk was a nice call back to that thankfully.

Wow, this sucks. Never mind the awful portraits, the UI is barely readable.

Like everything else in this game it just looks like D:OS 2.5.

I get wanting to improve the interface over Infinity Engine games. It wasn't the best. But I'd take that over these miniscule looking icons and vague symbols that could mean anything. What does the pig mean? Is that Polymoprh? Summon Familiar? The hand is MageHand right? Or paralysis? It's blue so is it some kind of frost spell instead? Larian are just so awful at design. Everything they do is "just good enough" and people wank them off and say their games have "charm" because they have forced, badly written humour and no one but me could be bothered to get past the first act to see how bad it gets.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is 4 characters the party limit? That is... rather small isn't it?
It is. But manageable, I think.

Four barbarians am I right? :)

Yes. D:OS had four characters. However, you can get six with mods, assuming BG3 will.have any, and that won't happen until, likely, way down the line.

Yeah, but D:OS you could spec into everything and anything and in that way cover all approaches. I think we are gonna see a lot of just basic setups here; fighter, mage, cleric and rogue - if not everyone multiclass like hell that is.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Wow, this sucks. Never mind the awful portraits, the UI is barely readable.

Like everything else in this game it just looks like D:OS 2.5.

I get wanting to improve the interface over Infinity Engine games. It wasn't the best. But I'd take that over these miniscule looking icons and vague symbols that could mean anything. What does the pig mean? Is that Polymoprh? Summon Familiar? The hand is MageHand right? Or paralysis? It's blue so is it some kind of frost spell instead? Larian are just so awful at design. Everything they do is "just good enough" and people wank them off and say their games have "charm" because they have forced, badly written humour and no one but me could be bothered to get past the first act to see how bad it gets.
Or, you hover over the icon just once, you see the tooltips and after that you will remember what that button does. Don't pretend that anyone knew what the spell icons meant in the Infinity engine games when they encountered them for the very first time.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I miss rpgs partys of 6 or 8 person groups. Naheulbeuk was a nice call back to that thankfully.
Have you tried Troubleshooter?
It has some of the largest scale battles among the recent TB tactitcs, and a cast of 8 (actually 9, but the last one comes pretty late) main characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom