Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Harthwain

Magister
They wouldnt have said a damn thing if the aggrigate human everyone created was a black dude. The reason they chose the default human to be black is because they didnt want it to be white. That is why they talked shit when the found out everyone made a white dude.
:hmmm:

Demon eyes, horns, and tails... This does indeed fit the description of black people perfectly. My bad.

When money is involved, everything is painstakingly done. They aren't just throwing a random generator at this. Its done with a purpose. Crafted by professional game developers and apporved by marketing.
You clearly don't know Larian. They can do shit just because they think it's fun. That's the kind of studio Swen is running.

You are a moron.
And you're an opinionated retard. You should feel at home here. Welcome, brother!

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Rhobar121

Scholar
I don't understand these accusations of being woke. There is literally a minimal amount of it in the game, so that the journalists dont give a lower score. How many are in the game? 1, 2 npcs?
Unlike WoTR where the game literally throws it in your face within the first 5 minutes of the game.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't understand these accusations of being woke. There is literally a minimal amount of it in the game, so that the journalists dont give a lower score. How many are in the game? 1, 2 npcs?
Unlike WoTR where the game literally throws it in your face within the first 5 minutes of the game.
Special snowflakes getting triggered over nothing, posting long essays about why an unreleased game they haven't played is to blame for the decline of the west. More of this, at rpgcodex.net!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i wrote off the game after the first reveal. It obviously had no connection to original Baldur's Gate whatsoever and i didn't care about a reskin of Divinity.

Watching that trailer now and all i can think of is Dragon Age, which i also avoided like the plague.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, i wrote off the game after the first reveal. It obviously had no connection to original Baldur's Gate whatsoever and i didn't care about a reskin of Divinity.

Watching that trailer now and all i can think of is Dragon Age, which i also avoided like the plague.
I think this is a fair criticism. It strikes me that it's going to be more of a higher budget, cinematic iso-RPG in the vein of DA:O with TB D&D 5E rules rather than resembling Baldur's Gate. In this way, I think they may have actually shot themselves in the foot using the BG name for people who expect it to be like the earlier titles.

That being said, they've also generated initial buzz that they wouldn't have by using the name, so... YMMV I guess.

I'm mostly curious to see what a licensed D&D game is like these days when there's a ton of money thrown at it instead of shovelware like Sword Coast Legends or ... whatever that fucking Drizzt action game was. Dark Alliance?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Special snowflakes getting triggered over nothing, posting long essays about why an unreleased game they haven't played is to blame for the decline of the west. More of this, at rpgcodex.net!
Effect not cause, although the one eventually reinforces the other.

so that the journalists dont give a lower score
If that’s all it is why not say fuck the (hated) journos and rake big bank on the controversy? They’re big enough to do it.

(because that isn’t all it is)

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Imagine getting CUCKED out of playing good video games, because the default skin is british flavored instead of american flavored.
This is good video games now. Let that sink in.

8212E5D396E203BC6F189A00B811955E257D8F34
Literally proving me right when you want to cite a reason why BG3 is bad, and your instinct is "its bad because there's americans in it". Not the UI, not the turn based to real time stealth thingy, not minor actions changes and their implementation, not the verticality and pushing objects and how powerful they are, but the americans.
Seek help, my dude.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Negro,the systems are pretty much identical to any other generic turn based game out there,they all come from the same place lol. All that matters is the setting and the writing skillz,there is a good reason why all good rpgs are storyfag goodness and not generic combat cuck dream. Games are good because let people to escape in to some weird world,nobody wants to escape in to endless dungeon crawler with a generic tb combat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm shocked (in a positive way) that Larian withstood the temptation to put a bunch of cringey Minsc one liners in this trailer. Maybe they don't have the voice acting lined up yet. Or maybe they're saving it for December 14th.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm shocked (in a positive way) that Larian withstood the temptation to put a bunch of cringey Minsc one liners in this trailer. Maybe they don't have the voice acting lined up yet. Or maybe they're saving it for December 14th.
Either way you're gonna gleefully shove every single cringe video of Minsc down our throats.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Nothing original here.

90nnFdQ.jpg
It's so nice to live in an era of diversity.

The fuck is it with game companies? It's all just waves of the same thing over and over, either like above, or the era where every character was a wisecracking white guy with brown hair, or the era where every game cover was the back turned soldier with gun, etc, etc.

Tytus

Arcane
Nothing original here.

90nnFdQ.jpg

The fuck is it with game companies? It's all just waves of the same thing over and over, either like above, or the era where every character was a wisecracking white guy with brown hair, or the era where every game cover was the back turned soldier with gun, etc, etc.
They want brownie points for diversity but don't want to do any actual work required to make it interesting. So, they copy the same thing over and over because it's easy, simple, and fast.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Nothing original here.

90nnFdQ.jpg

They want brownie points for diversity but don't want to do any actual work required to make it interesting. So, they copy the same thing over and over because it's easy, simple, and fast.
I don't think that's it. Even before this it was the same deal. It's like they've got one hivemind that just mass produces the same thing over and over until people stop paying for it, then they move to the next thing to all produce together. It's like there's a AAA art repository that they consult for their character assets and game covers. ;)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Nothing original here.

90nnFdQ.jpg

Retard suits. Same shit everywhere. Once an organization surpasses Dunbar’s Number they set in like a slime mold.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Nothing original here.

90nnFdQ.jpg

I don't think that's it. Even before this it was the same deal. It's like they've got one hivemind that just mass produces the same thing over and over until people stop paying for it, then they move to the next thing to all produce together. It's like there's a AAA art repository that they consult for their character assets and game covers. ;)
It's the same reason everyone suddenly started using that awful Allegro or whatever style or CalArts. Creative types are far more incestuous than they would have you believe because they all hang out with the exact same type of people.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Either way you're gonna gleefully shove every single cringe video of Minsc down our throats.

Let's not pretend the trailer wasn't cringe as is

With interracial lesbian kissing and riding the dick of Minsc

But yeah, I'm shocked it wasn't bad enough! Good job Soytron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom