Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ezrite

Learned
Peopel are so awkward at Beamdog

"Get with the times, people accept homsoexuals and LGBTWEJKFH today!". So every fiction need to involve blacks, lots of strong women, all kind of sexualities and gender identitys or ELSE it is not with the times?
Hell, the orc killing, the genocide of minor races and the murder of drow is fine cause "The majority of those done bad before" even if they know there is good drow or not evil orcs. This is the same people who will defend religious zealouts to death.
I bet if they find Drow Elves in the undergrounds of Mars they will get panic attacks. To get away, to play some RP games and games...not to have to think about the mess in the world and suddenly you are met by.

"ALLAH AKBAR! GIVE ME ALLOWANCE! GAYS ARE PEOPLE TO! HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG! LIVERPOOL IS THE BEAST TEAM EVER! BEN AFFLECK WAS THE BETTER BATMAN! YOU TRIGGER ME! MANSPLAINING! IM A STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMAN! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? WHITE SCUM CIS MALE GENDER PIG! I LIKE ANIME!" Cause they want this real life shit festering in games. Can you even play evil in this expansion or is it to offense to someone? People was frightened that some guy on youtube killed the transgender cleric faggot character, with the shitty voice actor and thought it was horrible. Like the holocaust or some shit.

Sothpaw

Learned
How does the cunt writer not think it's ok to have straight as the default sexuality? Yet in the same paragraph she talks about reflecting the real world. Oh I didn't realize that gays were more than 5% of the population good thing she is here to educate me.

pippin

Evil was kinda non existant in original BG anyway, it was lawful stupid or edgy faggot.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Evil was kinda non existant in original BG anyway, it was lawful stupid or edgy faggot.
Well, they had the reputation system to kind of show C&C but just like all D&D games at the time, you selected alignment at the beginning of the game and then, you played the game. They didn't have some kind of dynamic alignment system like games have now. Not a problem with BG, but more with the times.

imweasel

XHesMNs.png

What the fuck is her problem? Does every fucking movie, video game and book have to have trannies in it to be interesting or what?

:retarded:

What an ignorant SJW whoring feminazi. How retarded do you have to be to not realize that at least 95% of gamers couldn't care less about the fucking SJW agenda in video games and don't even want to be bothered with this shit.

I hope she is proud that she helped to completely fuck up Dragonspear's launch by shoehorning this bullshit into the game.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I hope she is proud that she helped to completely fuck up Dragonspear's launch by shoehorning this bullshit into the game.

Now I'm going to say that one tranny and a few pillow biters in a game is not the end of days. But I do think the backlash may help these guys realize that going full biogay is not the correct path to take with future games. Or not who knows.

Black

Arcane
Oh yeah, these people have proven themselves time and again to be capable of auto-criticism and realising their mistakes.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Now I'm going to say that one tranny and a few pillow biters in a game is not the end of days. But I do think the backlash may help these guys realize that going full biogay is not the correct path to take with future games. Or not who knows.

The concept of having a trans is a non-issue. Nobody gave a shit about Edwina. I prefer Edwin as a girl.. (matches his personality better constantly bitching me out) :smug:

It's just the smug SJW bullshit that emanates from this whole flop.

It wasn't just a Tranny - it was -that- shoe horned pandering tranny who hits you over the head with it over and over because Mah Minorities!!
Someone already said in this thread.. if they did trans right, nobody would care.. lots of weebos love their dick gurlz.

imweasel

Nobody gave a shit about Edwin because he wasn't a tranny and didn't want to be a woman. The dumbfuck got himself temporarily cursed with transgenderism turning him into a woman (a real woman, not just some dude with fake tits who had his pecker cut off).

Like you mentioned, completely different.

EDIT:
I just read that one of the new companions is gay and the other one is bi. Beamdog really is going full Biogay. :lol:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Oh yeah, these people have proven themselves time and again to be capable of auto-criticism and realising their mistakes.

Well the problem is that bio games sold a shitton. Why change what you are doing if no one cares? Seems like SoD might be losing some sales because if this.

The concept of having a trans is a non-issue. Nobody gave a shit about Edwina. I prefer Edwin as a girl.. (matches his personality better constantly bitching me out) :smug:

It's just the smug SJW bullshit that emanates from this whole flop.

It wasn't just a Tranny - it was -that- shoe horned pandering tranny who hits you over the head with it over and over because Mah Minorities!!
Someone already said in this thread.. if they did trans right, nobody would care.. lots of weebos love their dick gurlz.

I didn't disagree with you. Its stupid and they are taking heat for it.

And Edwin was cursed. The humor came from his new biological desires conflicting with her mental desires. Sort of a total opposite of a tranny.

edit: eh, ninja'd

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The humor came from his new biological desires conflicting with her mental desires. Sort of a total opposite of a tranny.

Yes Opposite of a standard tranny.. but a very light hearted and interesting spin on the concept.
Take a jack ass egomaniac and transform into a woman and watch him fall apart. It's even better because of all of his third person narrations. :lol:

I loved Edwin and thought the belt of gender transformation was genius (It wouldn't of worked on any other companion).

Oh and nobody gave a shit because it stood on its own without any agenda.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Carl's still mad at us.

What's the deal with this Lords of Xulima modder? I stay away from blobber threads.

Found Darkest Dungeon thread, good god. 30 pages and he's on all of them.

Last edited:

Mustawd

What's the deal with this Lords of Xulima modder? I stay away from blobber threads.

*shrug* Just your typical shitposting 14 year old that has no life outside of a game he despises after spending over 1000 hours on. Dude is a loser.

Space Insect

Arcane
If you would read my post, you will see that I clearly stated "These unfair criticisms of the game are of course also mixed with fair criticism of the game." There are many fair criticisms of the game. But most of the reviews go out of their way to mention that they dislike the LBGT content. The left generally supports the LBGT agenda. The religiously conservative right does not support the LBGT agenda. It is not liberals (for the most part) complaining about LBGT content. It is mostly those of a religious right disposition that are writing such reviews.

Beamdog forums are truly hillarious.

Edit: More humor! Claiming that liberals are truly fair and just.
Yes, there may be many liberal who also hate how the LBGT material was presented. And they might doc the game a point or two in their review for that. I doubt it is liberals giving the game 0's or 1's in huge numbers because of the LBGT content. Minusing a point or two for the presentation of the LBGT content is fair and many liberals may do just that. Giving the ENTIRE game a 1 or 0 because it has LBGT content shows that you are most likely against the LBGT community for religious or political reasons. Most likely you are a conservative Christian Republican voter if you give the game a 0 because it has a trans character.

Mustawd

Giving the ENTIRE game a 1 or 0 because it has LBGT content shows that you are most likely against the LBGT community for religious or political reasons. Most likely you are a conservative Christian Republican voter if you give the game a 0 because it has a trans character.

I'm a social liberal and I hate getting any kind of politics getting shoved down my throat via computer games. I'd probably give this game a 0.0 just for that. Who the fuck are these people who think this way? Do they live in a bubble where people cannot have opinions other than their own?

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Insect

Arcane
This guy is acting like funadamentalists christians care that much about SoD. I highly doubt the funeral of Beamdog is going to be picketed by the Westboro Baptist Church.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom