Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atomic Heart - open world first-person shooter set in an alternate universe Soviet Union

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i haven't played this yet. all i wanna know if this is another bioshock infinite

is this another infinite?

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
fJi1GKs.png

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Finished it. Overall enjoyable, with some bad stuff here and there.

Most of all the open world is a total failure, and is just an afterthought and boring af.
the dialogue and writing is for the most part not great, but there ARE great moments tbh, even with the philosophical stuff and such surprised me as good writing.

theres some bugs, but thats to be expected with russ-jank

Strong points are definitely the art-direction, graphics, overall world building, the combat and the gell of the game.
Too bad it's marred by bad to mediocre writing, mediocre main story (although it had interesting parts) sort of half-assed voice-over work and sound design

COHHcarnage said the game "flirts with greatness" which I find an apt description. It never really gets there, but the individual parts of the game really work, but never comes together as a whole package.

7.5/10

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
They should have gone with this tone

Much more sinister, no chattering glove and the main guy actually behaves and talks like a real Russian soldier would given the circumstances( Swearing and cursing instead of quipping some shit Marvel style).

I wonder why they changed the course so radically

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Much more sinister, no chattering glove and the main guy actually behaves and talks like a real Russian soldier would given the circumstances( Swearing and cursing instead of quipping some shit Marvel style).

Wow.

This version looks 540 billion times better than what we got. looks like an actual RPG like fallout new vegas.
Crazy how much they changed the game.

Even the graphics looks better.

wtf happend lols :D

Melcar

Arcane
most devs pussy out close to release

countless examples

Sometimes it's because a change in management or in funding. Money runs out or the budget becomes too bloated, so they start cutting out things. This game was supposed to be a poster child for RTX, and that got thrown out the window.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Who started this trend of adding turbo cringy voice overs? Was it nu-Shadow Warrior?

Whenever i hear that shit it instantly makes the game unplayable for me.

JDR13

Arcane

I like how you can actually see enemies taking damage in how their model changes as you whack them. Is that present anywhere in the release version?

Dexter

Arcane
So how long until they are modded back in?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/668580/discussions/0/3771239049949584193/
EDIT: I've gotten my hands on the uncensored file (big thanks to Hexenhammer!), and you can now easily uncensor the game yourself.

1.) Download the original file here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iopg-ODqkTELLpz2f5LNPbOWGOcniP3p/view

2.) Go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Atomic Heart\AtomicHeart\Content\Movies\NuPogodiNew

3.) Replace "Nu_Pogodi_29.mp4" with the original file you just downloaded.
Fucking retards though.

tommy heavenly6

Learned

Mundfish apologises after racist cartoons were discovered in Atomic Heart:​

https://www.eurogamer.net/mundfish-apologises-after-racist-cartoons-were-discovered-in-atomic-heart

The developer caved to the mob!
They were already considered Literally Hitler for the crime of being Russian, do they think this is gonna make SJWs buy their game? I'm astounded at how out of touch execs/PR people are. Just ride the wave, everyone forgets about wrongthink after a week.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Mundfish apologises after racist cartoons were discovered in Atomic Heart:​

https://www.eurogamer.net/mundfish-apologises-after-racist-cartoons-were-discovered-in-atomic-heart

The developer caved to the mob!
They were already considered Literally Hitler for the crime of being Russian, do they think this is gonna make SJWs buy their game? I'm astounded at how out of touch execs/PR people are. Just ride the wave, everyone forgets about wrongthink after a week.
RLM (Russian Lives Matter!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom