Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are you going to play Starfield?

Are you going to play Starfield?

• Total voters

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
I eventually played Skyrim, Fallout 4, Kingmaker, Cyberpunk, and Original Sin 2, so I probably play this. I certainly won't play it when it comes out, and I'll avoid it for awhile and join in the mockery, but these hyped games eventually get me, and always seem to disappoint. I'll probably play Baldur's Gate 3 first, but right now I'm in the avoid and mock stage of that game. Original Sin 1 was dope tho.
Add in the apparent lack of blue hair, side cuts, septum piercings and zoomer perms (I genuinely find those things unbearable) and I’m going to give it a shot.
The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Probably not, unless the Codex can convince me it's something absolutely amazing. I have a large backlog of games to play and I don't have the time to waste on bad games.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Probably not, unless the Codex can convince me it's something absolutely amazing. I have a large backlog of games to play and I don't have the time to waste on bad games.
Have you already played Fallout 3 and Skyrim? That is everything you need to know about Bethesda level of cRPG game design. It speaks for it's self.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So basically what the general morons here are saying is that if you can't fully explore a world, the game is shit. Perhaps you should look a bit more deeper in cRPG design. And know Bethesda game design.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Have you already played Fallout 3 and Skyrim? That is everything you need to know about Bethesda level of cRPG game design. It speaks for it's self.
Fallout 3 and Skyrim are not cRPGs.

Cadmus

Arcane
no, cuz its gonna be vapid like Skyrimjob
is it on Gamebryo again?
I hate Gamebryo.

JDR13

Arcane
I'll play it and enjoy it for the exploration.

The writing will most likely be crap like it always is in Bethesda's games, but I expect I'll still get my money's worth while all the grognards here cry about how bad it is based on some YouTube videos.

Ulysa

Scholar
I'll play it and enjoy it for the exploration.

The writing will most likely be crap like it always is in Bethesda's games, but I expect I'll still get my money's worth while all the grognards here cry about how bad it is based on some YouTube videos.
One would say that, maybe 20 years ago. Today I'll take the detective droid guy in F4 over any of the creeps from BG3, any time.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Today I'll take the detective droid guy in F4 over any of the creeps from BG3, any time.

258.jpg

MerchantKing

Learned
I'm going to wait a few months to a year before torrenting--that should be when modders should've fixed the bugs and improved the game.

jungl

Augur
I do not see the appeal. The rpg stuff is going to be bare bones. Procedually generated planets. 4 kids shooter. Bethesda is on the ropes and done as a triple AAA game creator.

Just play indie shit like 30XX at least there players can make snippets of procedurally generated content and put it in peoples online play games.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Bethesda? Never.

You play one of their games, find them devoid of anything engaging aside from modding hopium, and never bother again if you're a learning animal.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I didn't vote, because I am undecided. I will not play it in 2023/2024. I might get it down the line.

It should be more stable, have DLCs, and cost less.

I got Baldur's Gate III for €60, and it was by far the most expensive game that I bought in years. But I also had a decent sum of e-money in my Steam wallet to offset the price.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I was checking over the previous results with the same exact question asked about Baldur's Gate 3. Here they are.

BG3 voters 283
Yes 40.6%
No 48.1%
kc 11.3%

Starfield 147
Yes 41.5%
No 48.3%
kc 10.2%

The voting total difference is 136. BG3 has had more time to gather votes, but still, the similarity is interesting. I wonder if a week or two after Starfields actual release will change these in any significant way.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I was checking over the previous results with the same exact question asked about Baldur's Gate 3. Here they are.

BG3 voters 283
Yes 40.6%
No 48.1%
kc 11.3%

Starfield 147
Yes 41.5%
No 48.3%
kc 10.2%

The voting total difference is 136. BG3 has had more time to gather votes, but still, the similarity is interesting. I wonder if a week or two after Starfields actual release will change these in any significant way.
I voted No for both. Maybe they'll be two of my favorite games 5 years down the line (probably not), but I don't see the appeal in either. I'm not going to spend 100 hours doing radiant quests on procedurally generated planets, and I don't play dating sims.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
I'm going to skip Starfield. It looks like a Mass Effect clone to me with an even heavier dash of woke. Never been interested on space opera games to begin with.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I wonder how many of the "yes" votes would buy Bethesda Game Studios games no matter what? And how many of the "no" votes would never buy a BGS game regardless.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I wonder how many of the "yes" votes would buy Bethesda Game Studios games no matter what? And how many of the "no" votes would never buy a BGS game regardless.
You gotta ask yourself why would that be.

Best explanation is that people know what type of game Bethesda makes. If they love 'em, they'll get the new ones, if they don't, they won't. Bethesda is very predictable. That is, until they change the formula, which would be very surprising.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom