Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ArcanumAlive Project - Check out new website!

Crypton

Novice
Hi everybody! Smile

Some of you might already know about this project from Terra Arcanum, because it was not really successful there,so I've decided to move to Arcanum Club, where I did continued on this project.

After month, I've made a lot of progress, so I decided to show it here too, maybe it will be interesting for some fans or developers....

This project is aimed to recreating/researching Arcanum engine, adding new features, making everything easy-modifiable, creating new expansion packs and so on.... just making Arcanum alive again!

At this moment, I'm doing research, and everything I found is written in my engine, so after research will be finished, I'll release a source codes, so game may be ported to other operating systems and consoles.

Here is original thread:
http://forums.arcanumclub.ru/index.php?showtopic=3499

Preview Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40OmKwXGO28

Preview Video 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtxMl430L5o

You can discuss about this project at ArcanumClub or here, I'll be watching this thread too Smile

Here it is, new Arcanum website:

http://arcanum.game-alive.com

snoek

Cipher
remarkable job Crypton!
what language are you writing it in?
Keeping an eye on your page from now on

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If Drog wishes to help, I'm sure you can do wonders together.

Black

Arcane
I don't know shit about tweaking/modding and engines but I fap every time I hear "improve Arcanum". So, carry on!

Durwyn

Prophet
This project will be using original Arcanum module or it will be only compatible with new modules?

Crypton

Novice
Durwyn said:
This project will be using original Arcanum module or it will be only compatible with new modules?

From screenshots, you can see that its original :) also it loads original arcanum resources, no converting is needed, but I'm planning to create new easy-modifiable file formats.

Durwyn

Prophet
Crypton said:
Durwyn said:

From screenshots, you can see that its original :) also it loads original arcanum resources, no converting is needed, but I'm planning to create new easy-modifiable file formats.

Great...

GO BACK TO WORK ! NOW

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
This... Is incredible. So fucking incredible. Is the aim here more to reverse-engineer and hack on the engine, or simply write a new one that uses the original game's assets? More like a conversion mod or more like the GemRB project for IE?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
ghostdog said:
If Drog wishes to help, I'm sure you can do wonders together.

In theory, but will Drog be able to work with someone else?

Good effort, guess Arcanum did not say its last word yet.

Crypton

Novice
Yes, by research I mean reverse engineering :) because without that it will be completely IMPOSSIBLE to recreate arcanum engine!

Also, practically I've decoded maps completely :) also I've researched a prototypes and mobile objects almost completely! So I think that hardest job is done, now I need to create AI, Script processor, Anim Class (I have animated only scenery atm), and other stuff which I cant remember now.

So after I finishing few things on sector preloader, I'll start adding anims to game, and then I'll try to add some AI.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
Quilty said:
I just came in my pants.

Arcanum<3

I know this probably sounds really petty but would you mind changing avatars? This is the only one I have used for this account and I don't plan on changing it, it fits with the user name so well and It also looks like me IRL. Well, an older me. I've sort of come to think of it as mine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom