Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ArcanumAlive Project - Check out new website!

Quilty

Magister
Rhett Butler said:
Quilty said:
I just came in my pants.

Arcanum<3

I know this probably sounds really petty but would you mind changing avatars? This is the only one I have used for this account and I don't plan on changing it, it fits with the user name so well and It also looks like me IRL. Well, an older me. I've sort of come to think of it as mine.

Oh, I haven't noticed your avatar before. Sure, no problem.

Crypton

Novice
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Really, give this man a custom tag. I vote him as the new Codex Hero.

Wow :) Thanks I really appreciate that!

Is there anybody who could create a website for this project ?:) :roll:

Quilty

Magister
bhlaab said:
You better finish this shit or i will hunt you down

Seconded.

You treat Arcanum right or Lithuanian hitmen will come a-knockin'.

bhlaab

Erudite
Are there any rebalance patches out there for arcanum?

Tails

Arbiter
This project looks promising and I really hope it makes combat more FUN. Good luck! :salute:

Biges

Novice
That's a great news!
I'm looking forward to see results! And if I see them, I'm willing to donate some money :)

Crypton

Novice
Biges said:
That's a great news!
I'm looking forward to see results! And if I see them, I'm willing to donate some money :)

Hehe :P good point, I've completely forgot about donation :D but I'll be much happier if somebody will be able to provide hosting or create website... this can be called as "donation" too right ?:P

buccaroobonzai

Scholar
Crypton said:
Biges said:
That's a great news!

Hehe :P good point, I've completely forgot about donation :D but I'll be much happier if somebody will be able to provide hosting or create website... this can be called as "donation" too right ?:P

I would be willing to work on making a website for your project. I am finishing one up, as I do this part time now. I would not want to use flash right now though, just dreamweaver and photoshop/corel.

Also, I know of some awesome and cheap hosting services, actually, I'll see if we can put this on my account if you want.

ALSO: BEST IDEA PROJECT OF EVER TIME

Crypton

Novice
buccaroobonzai said:
Crypton said:
Biges said:
That's a great news!

I would be willing to work on making a website for your project. I am finishing one up, as I do this part time now. I would not want to use flash right now though, just dreamweaver and photoshop/corel.

Also, I know of some awesome and cheap hosting services, actually, I'll see if we can put this on my account if you want.

ALSO: BEST IDEA PROJECT OF EVER TIME

Thanks for offer! :) I think that I will run that website on free hosting instead... I could buy a own domain, but I'm not sure if its not wasting of money :) because this project is not so popular... and its possible that it will be stopped because of lack of interest.

Also I could create a website by my own, but I'm atm busy with coding other stuff....so I'll appreciate your help a lot..... my view was, to create a website with Arcanum theme, using PHP and MYSQL, with PHPbb forum... if you have different view of how it should looks like, please let me know!:)

buccaroobonzai

Scholar
I have a subscription for professional website templates that I use to create websites for businesses I am starting to work with.

We can look through all of the templates and use it as a base. The templates are mostly coded in HTML. I am getting quite proficient at modifying HTML with Dreamweaver. It is very easy to add, change, remove the appearance of these templates, and they make the process much faster and easier.

For example we could get a basic placeholder index page and a forum going very quickly.
Then we can always add changes or modify things as we go along.

As far as the overall look, we need to brainstorm and collaborate on sharing Arcanum art and hoepfully get people's ideas and comments on it if you think thats a good way to go bout it.

skyway

Educated
Dude, re an all the file formats just for kicks? For a game nobody cares about?
What MetalCraze said...

Have you actually rewritten the whole engine using the resources you could get a hold on? Like tiles?
Or did you re it? I'd like to know how. Is it possible to break on dx calls?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wish i could help, but The only skills i have is sandwich making and beer drinking.

Any way Keep up the good work

Crypton

Novice
buccaroobonzai said:
I have a subscription for professional website templates that I use to create websites for businesses I am starting to work with.

We can look through all of the templates and use it as a base. The templates are mostly coded in HTML. I am getting quite proficient at modifying HTML with Dreamweaver. It is very easy to add, change, remove the appearance of these templates, and they make the process much faster and easier.

For example we could get a basic placeholder index page and a forum going very quickly.
Then we can always add changes or modify things as we go along.

As far as the overall look, we need to brainstorm and collaborate on sharing Arcanum art and hoepfully get people's ideas and comments on it if you think thats a good way to go bout it.

I think that it could be made from some simple template, nothing too complex :) but it should have a Arcanum theme.

So if you are going to create that website, I can give you converted Art files with applied transparency you want, or I can render you some images from game... also I can provide you a color palettes from specific art type.

Double Ogre

Scholar
A few clarifications.

Crypton is planning on making a new engine, i.e. completely rewriting the whole code. That's practically impossible, since it will take many years to reverse-engineer everything and a great skill in game development to actually make a game engine. No matter how flawed the original is, it still took a great deal of time to make for professional full-time programmers. Which Crypton isn't. He isn't even proficient with the appropriate technologies. He's attempting to write all of this in motherfucking Delphi, an obsolete language. Is he going for an even shittier version of the original?

At the moment, there's not much about his work to be impressed of. He got the basics of the map format, but the most impressive part of his work, the actual art format parser, is not his own. The source code for the fan made art editor (ArtView) has been freely available for a long time. In Delphi.

Crypton got told at Terra-Arcanum and ran away to the kids over at ArcanumClub (the infamous Ruskie community). Here are the drama threads from T-A for your amusement:
The original thread
Delete and ban me! (lots of whining)

Now I'm sure you had a good laugh, but the best part is this: can a high school kid from the Czech Republic do better than Tim Cain?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Codex is much less intelligent than TA now, what did you expect. I can't believe how many Codexers show da respec for something that will never even reach an alpha.

Murk

Arcane
Kinda reminds me of Drog's first few months here... but he actually delivered in the end (three times, for that matter)...

I wonder how this will turn out...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom