Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Played multiverse couple years ago, no problems.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Another bug: instead of "Dominate Will", the spell summons a Familiar Underling (5th level creature). One of the most powerful spells turned into useless shit. The entire character is ruined. Thanks a lot, sir faggot pack.

mehtulupurazz

Barely Literate
I may just be a total fucking autismo (spoiler alert: I am) - and keep in mind I haven't read through all 51 pages of this thread - but I cannot find a single changelog for the AME or the 'Sir's Expectations Modpack' legit anywhere across all the damn internet. For example, I read that the Expectations Modpack adds things like a "rebalancing of the role-playing system" and "new quest situations," but what the hell does that even mean? Is there any list that actually goes into detail on the changes?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I may just be a total fucking autismo (spoiler alert: I am) - and keep in mind I haven't read through all 51 pages of this thread - but I cannot find a single changelog for the AME or the 'Sir's Expectations Modpack' legit anywhere across all the damn internet. For example, I read that the Expectations Modpack adds things like a "rebalancing of the role-playing system" and "new quest situations," but what the hell does that even mean? Is there any list that actually goes into detail on the changes?
I don't know either.
All I can tell you is that it changes spells for the better. For example, Stone magick spell #3 lets you make any stone wall traversable. Which is a boon for stealing shit.
It's supposed to add some quests, too. I haven't found them yet.

jackofshadows

Magister
As usual, these modders break more than they mod.
Exactly. Playing these mods is always a risk, if someone wants to replay his beloved game after 10 years or so, installing this or any other kind of mod is a horrible idea because you never know whether or not there're critical bugs ahead. I've played this very multi-faggot edition few years ago, several hours in, everything nice and all and then I couldn't finish Stillwater slaughter quest so I reporting that shit and getting reply "yes, we already know about the bug, will be fixed in the next patch". But when is the next patch? Who the fuck knows, it's just a people's hobby after all.

mehtulupurazz

Barely Literate
Alright, so I just booted up an old Arcanum file I started back in 2017 or 2018 with the AME version from back then. I decided to update it to the current version and now my file just loads forever. The game itself loads, but the clock in the upper right-hand corner just goes on forever. So I assume the new AME breaks the game for older AME files I guess?

deama

Prophet
Has multiverse added any "traveling" options to tech users? Like building some sort of scooter or zeppling or something like that?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Has multiverse added any "traveling" options to tech users? Like building some sort of scooter or zeppling or something like that?
No idea, but there's a conversation that hints at a possibility of buying a boat. Is it vanilla or from the mod?

agris

Arcane
Patron
When you have to ask, you are probably playing the wrong version.

Liviu

Barely Literate
Just installed latest version of Multiverse Edition, one bug so far, Simon Farkhus has no dialogue.

How can someone allocate manually the character points for followers ?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
The Multiverse Edition is the only version of Arcanum I can get to run smoothy on my rig in Windows 10 for some reason, with no mouse cursor slowdown/stuttering and other issues I've had with trying to play close to vanilla. I tried various other fixes and none worked. For better or for worse, I'm stuck with that edition.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Is multiverse bad? Have never tried it. Does it change anything? There steam page is pretty vague:

Partially modified gameplay.
The main changes concern dialogues and scripted scenes, namely the ratio of words and actions of NPCs. Also, the parameters of NPCs, items, spells and schematics have been revised.

Last edited:

Liviu

Barely Literate
Bugs so far: Farkhus has no dialogue and at times that is game breaking. The chest of gold/taxes from Blackroot is missing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom