Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

Metracryg

Novice
If you want the detailed instruction with screenshots and advices, you can motivate me by ordering some movie to process. :)

Are we talking store.steam.ru prices?

No, I just process and upscale videos for anyone for money.
Any videos except for pedo-necro-snuff etc...
If you are intrersted - write me in PM. Such discussions are not for this thread.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
After trying to play Drog's broken version, I deleted it and installed Multiverse edition.

Been playing for half an hour, and already a broken quest. As usual, these modders break more than they mod.

422a558abf158854e60da516c7f209fb.jpg

Click on any dialogue line and you get this (a frozen dialogue):

0d91f6d058d208354c1e3bdb7fcab7d5.png

Is there any playable mod out there for Arcanum? I can't deal with this shit.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yes, from rutracker.

Now this dialogue option crashes the game:

c6229a48bdbe94254f232307ad2fc52f.png

Shit is unplayable.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Mine works fine, not a single crash yet
You probably play in Russian like a typical pidorashka. "Mine works fine", while you have russian shit smeared all over your face.

Can't believe I wasted an hour on a pidorashka mod. Now I'll have to start all over again.

Never again. These cyrodillic retards can't code for shit.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
FUCK.

Reinstalled the whole thing without SIR FAGGOT PACK, created new character, ran towards my first major bug. The bug is not there. Second bug also not there. Sir Faggot really did this game a disservice. Motherfucking dog.

Efe

Erudite
It worked fine back when i tried it.
are you sure your install is okay?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
7e9286c24ce0851073fe2d67fc848929.png

Reported the bugs to the Multiverse modding team. They confirmed the existence of said bugs and called me a pidoras (= faggot). I called them a bunch of names first, so no offense taken.

Metracryg

Novice
7e9286c24ce0851073fe2d67fc848929.png

Reported the bugs to the Multiverse modding team. They confirmed the existence of said bugs and called me a pidoras (= faggot). I called them a bunch of names first, so no offense taken.

Translation:
@Have already fixed the problems in the upcoming update.
The issue is only in those dialogs.
There are only a few of them in SEM.
And you can stay a faggot yourself@

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
"A few of them" is a relative term. A few bugged ones compared to the working ones? If only 0.1% of the dialogues are fucked up, the game is unplayable.

I'll reinstall the SEM mod and continue my playthrough, because I feel sado-masochistic today. We'll see just how many the word "few" means.

Metracryg

Novice
"A few of them" is a relative term. A few bugged ones compared to the working ones? If only 0.1% of the dialogues are fucked up, the game is unplayable.

I'll reinstall the SEM mod and continue my playthrough, because I feel sado-masochistic today. We'll see just how many the word "few" means.

Maybe wait for 1.7.1.1 fix first?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Metracryg there's two glaring issues with the current Multiverse edition:

1) some people (me included) have the game crashing down right after chargen. Could be fixed by reinstalling the game in C: drive
2) some dialogues can crash the game. The reason is SEM.

Nor in this thread nor in Rutracker OP this problems and remedies are mentioned. At least put this advises into the OP at Rutracker, I saw some people asking these questions and not getting answers

Metracryg

Novice
Metracryg there's two glaring issues with the current Multiverse edition:

1) some people (me included) have the game crashing down right after chargen. Could be fixed by reinstalling the game in C: drive
2) some dialogues can crash the game. The reason is SEM.

Nor in this thread nor in Rutracker OP this problems and remedies are mentioned. At least put this advises into the OP at Rutracker, I saw some people asking these questions and not getting answers

The problems caused by certain SEM dialogs, and the fixes are ready and will be included in 1.7.1.1
Multiverse edition originally was made mostly for russian speaking gamers, so a little less attention was paid for English version - thats the reason for some troubles in dialogs.
They will release 1.7.1.1 soon and issues will not be an issue :)

As for the crashes after chargen - I had the same problem with older versions. Installing to C: with only latin folder names may help.

Also the possibility to import/export custom backgrounds may be added in 1.7.1.1 config :)

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Multiverse edition originally was made mostly for russian speaking gamers, so a little less attention was paid for English version - thats the reason for some troubles in dialogs.
Firstly, I'm a Russian speaker, and Bester as well; there's a notion, to which I do subscribe, that such things as Arcanum should be experienced in the original language. Lack of English support for originally English game is a bad oversight.
Secondly, English is the lingua franca of today: if you want your edition to become known worldwide (and since Drog seem have to dropped his UAP it could be the first choice for Arcanum players) you should obviously not forget about the English version.

As for the crashes after chargen - I had the same problem with older versions. Installing to C: with only latin folder names may help.
Yes, it is, but ask the owner of Rutracker release to put this problem into the OP

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Maybe wait for 1.7.1.1 fix first?
When I feel like playing a 20 year old game, I install it and play. If I delay, I might just lose my interest for another 10 or so years. And 10 years from now, there will be crashes and bugs and some idiot will suggest waiting a bit.

If you released unplayable shit, it will always be unplayable shit - the next patch, the patch after this one, etc. It's a matter of how much you test your work. It's a matter of discipline. Multiverse doesn't test at all, and will never be able to release a build of playable quality. They're spineless and useless faggots.

A single 40 minute testing session would've revealed those issues. They didn't have the will and self-discipline to conduct a single one.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom