Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone want to try DarkFall ?

Human Shield

Augur
It will probably be another month or two before they hint that beta mite start.

Go with the least populated race they mite want to even up the races.

Grafo

Augur
I've been reading up on the races and it seems that there can be multi-racial clans, but only to a certain extent.

The Humans, Mirdain and Dwarves can all be in the same clan. The Mahirim and Orks can be members of the same clan and the Alfar seem to have no friends so they can only be in Alfar exclusive clans.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I can play any race if an Ork doesn't fit. Maybe Darksign will just choose whatever seems to give us the biggest chance of being accepted into beta as a clan.

Inziladun

Magister
Orcs sounds so stereotypicaly Middle-aged DnD player, always Orcs or Dwarves....

Orcs look kind of retarded in this game though, but I wouldn't mind being them. Mahirim look pretty unique for a *playable race*, usually Werewolves/Were-wannabes aren't playable.

Bah, I really don't care though, just not Elves. I'd like to limit my dealings with the Legolas fan clubs as much as possible, i'm sure we can all agree on that.

Elwro

Arcane
When I click this link, I get this:

Elwro, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
You have to go and post in a thread in the "Welcome forum" or something so that they can validate you. Alternatively you can just log out and you can read it.

Don't know why it works like that to be honest.

Elwro

Arcane
Sovy Kurosei said:
You have to go and post in a thread in the "Welcome forum" or something so that they can validate you. Alternatively you can just log out and you can read it.
OK, thanks, I just read this:

"You can either just wait a few days and then automatically be given access to the full forums, or you can post in this thread and just ask us to validate you sooner."

So I'll just wait, I hope it won't interfere with anything.

DarkSign

Erudite
So we wait until we're given a forum group...which we all will join. Then we wait to get into beta. They've opened up Clan Beta again so now's the time to be doing this.

Read up on the lore and the mechanics and see what suits your fancy. Or if your not fancy, start figuring out how to kill.

sheek

Arbiter
So what will we allowed to do in the beta? Can we explore those dungeons on that continent which has the Tomes of Ultimate Wisdom or are we stuck killing rabbits?

flabbyjack

Arcane
I've been waiting for Darkfall for years... I heartily recommend it to all codexers. Just don't get your hopes up about the beta b/c we've waited so long already... 3 years now at least. The team hit setbacks when they completely overhauled the graphics engine.

Here is an incomplete feature list :

• *Low minimum system requirements
    *Emphasis on player skill not character stats. 4 newbies could kill a similar-skilled high level character
    *Empire building
    *Hirable NPC guards
    *REAL necromancy, none of that 'summon a single skeleton for 3 minutes' shit
    *Siege warfare including cannons, sea battles
    *Mounted combat
    *FRIENDLY FIRE
    *Collission detection means you can block other players in a hallway or in a line formation
    *PvP-emphasis
    *Some pretty fucking deep quests/dungeons. For detailed info see their 'Dungeon *Contest Winner'
    *Limited teleportation(using expensive reusable lootable recall runes)
    *FULL LOOT
    *In-game browser, MP3 player
    *Manual blocking (Newly released info)
    *FPS-style aiming of missile/magic projectiles

COMBAT IS VERY REMINISCENT OF MOUNT & BLADE (70% similar, I think)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I see your 90 kingcomrades and raise with 50 Volourns that we DID get in and just don't know it yet.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
flabbyjack said:
*In-game browser, MP3 player
I don't get games that do that. EVE had an in-game browser too. It was sucky and slow. I'm happy with both my out-game browser and MP3 player thank you, why do I need you to build me a new one of both?

Xi

Arcane
This game reminds me of Ultima Online in First Person 3D. I think its most intriguing point of interest is the fact that they are a small independant dev studio that is catering to creating a complex game instead of appeasing the masses.

Here is to hoping they get enough people after release to support there costs.

I remember stumbling onto there website a few years ago. Pretty interesting.

whatusername

Scholar
Jasede said:
I see your 90 kingcomrades and raise with 50 Volourns that we DID get in and just don't know it yet.

It seems as though I have won. Fork over the kingcomrades and Volourns now, buddy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom