Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another RPGCodex Bloodbowl league thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I like the Wizards vs. elves, because if I cover myself, I can use it to avoid/score my 1-0 touchdown.

Meh. I probably should have bought bribes this time though.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
root said:
i just downloaded this thing two days ago

When you say download, did you actually purchase the game? I don't think you can play online with the pirated version.

root said:
anyway i'm a noob, i don't even know a tenth of all the rules and jargons, i've never played on blitz mode, but hey, i'm up for joining your league. maybe you guys can give me some tips

- Read the rulebook (LRB 6) and pay particular attention to learning the skills.
- Play against the AI to learn the basics of the game and get a feel for what sort of team you like.
- After you can consistently beat the AI, try playing human players. You will get your ass handed to you. Learn from your mistakes.
- In general, you want to perform your safer actions before risker ones. This means you need to learn the chance of success for all of your basic actions.
- Don't neglect rerolls during team creation. Too many coaches in this league started with one or no rerolls.
- Don't play blitz mode.

Mantiis

Cipher

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
http://www.bbpb.de/ - another great site. But read the rulebook, and then the art of blocking, first.

Blitz is Cyanide's own version of Blood Bowl, with their altered (and quite sucky) ruleset.

Mantiis

Cipher
Ok the final game has been played and we have a result, a little background though. In the first game we played it disconnected at around turn 4, no injuries and no scoring. The second time we played it disconnected just after Dirk's Assassin scored on turn 4 and she had 2 injuries to get there.

We played again and she received - the ball landed in her half and the weather was fine, she picks it up and makes a block or two with a cage in the centre of the pitch. I box her in without going toe to toe and then on turn 2 I injure her witch elf and she uses her apoth to bring her back. I then injure another player and an assassin. She responds by injuring a berserker of mine which I promptly heal with the apoth.

This is when it starts to get a bit silly - she cages the ball carrier to one side and then I proceed to injure almost every player she has. She gets down to about 3 players left on the pitch to my 9 or 10 and then I foul one of her players. I got the ball and ran it in 1-0.

This is her bench after I scored:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

She gets about 6 players back on the pitch but nothing much happens after this as it was turn 8.

I received the ball and then, well, this happened:
dirkgame2.jpg

She ended up having one player on the pitch and we decided to see what would happen if all of her players were off of the pitch so we tried:
gangfoul.jpg

But I rolled crap and to be honest I think Eldlil liked it...

In the end the wastes won 3-0 but I think Bloobbowl won more.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Is that viking-anus I see in the bottom left?

Either way, what a massacre. The blood god would be pleased. Is 8 AV that bad or were the injury rolls just that good?

Mantiis

Cipher
AV8 is about average middle of the road type of armour rating with 7 being low and 9 being high. I had a player who has mighty blow which effectively makes AV8 armour AV7.

To be honest she lost the game because I rolled well on the armour/injury rolls. That's it. Not because of skill on my part. The post above is not meant to embarrass it is more trying to point out the absurdity of the game towards the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom