Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

America, fuck yeah! (Just Cause 2 demo)

KalosKagathos

Learned
It's that sandbox game in which you play a black ops operative nicknamed Scorpio, a true American patriot who liberates an island nation from an evil dictator by swinging around using a grappling hook and blowing shit up. The demo gives you a small chunk of the game world and 30 minutes worth of time to have fun in it.

I was sold on the game when brought down a building crane (it had the colors of the dictator painted on it, and thus was an evil building crane) without using any explosives. I hijacked a military helicopter (an operational helicopter that was shooting at me at the time) using the aforementioned grappling hook and crashed it into the crane, parachuting out of the pilot's seat a second before the impact. During the descent I gunned down seven enemy soldiers.

It's pretty much an 80s action movie in the video game form; go on, check it out.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It's developed by swedes, so it's my duty to check it out.

swedishPride2.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
:brofist:

although i never got any further with the missions the the nuking of that Power station where you set it off and have to escape by hanggliding from a mountian.

i couldnt just make it, no matter how i did it.

so i just ignored that one and free roamed.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO WHATEVER ENJOY YOUR SANDBOX POPAMOLE CRAP

Quilty

Magister
jaro said:
.Sigurd said:
garren said:
Doesn't support XP so no game for me. Bah.
Too right mate. Only DX10 and DX11.

Jesus, are you fuckin' kidding me? :codexrage:

I really don't understand the logic behind this. I mean, I know, let's make people buy Win 7, okay, but isn't the game essentially a port from a console? It doesn't even look that spectacular, definitely less so than gta4 or red faction guerilla, to name a couple of titles from its own genre.

MapMan

Arcane
The game's banal, boring, shit. Its JC1 with prettier graphics.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
BirdsCanFly said:
Boy who doesn't have a Direct X 10 card by now?

also Windows 7 > WinXP

:smug:

no one said anything about not having a DX10 card. I do, your mother does, everyone does. What differs is that we can't USE DX10 in XP. Staying with XP is infinitely superior to the ability to use DX10.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Played the 30 minute demo.

Pretty good... for what it is.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
MapMan said:
The game's banal, boring, shit. Its JC1 with prettier graphics.

No, it really is better than JC1, which really was banalshitboring. JC2 on the other hand will probably be the best game of its genre - whether or not you'll enjoy it depends on if you like open world action games.

You can bypass the 30min demo limit with a memory editor of your choice btw.

MetalCraze

Arcane
KalosKagathos said:
The demo gives you a small chunk of the game world and 30 minutes worth of time to have fun in it.

But instead you get critically bored even in those 30 minutes, uninstall the shit and forget about a yet another piece of shit console "sandbox" clone

CrimHead

Scholar
What a bunch of faggots

This is what passes for a good game now?

Micmu

Magister
...true American patriot who liberates an island nation from an evil dictator...
...stopped reading here and left the thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom