Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Amazing cultivation simulator

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Oh ok, you'll get to it at some point. This explains that particular mechanic.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Ah, yes, I've read something about spectre refining but... that's something for later generations. Still trying to get a decent first GC atm. Found a wicked flux as a random sale from a sect and my Fame skyrocketed because I've become "blessed" (?). On the plus side I now have access to elemental cushions and a nifty giant sword where to attach all those crappy artifacts I've got from random adventures and such. The first attack though went from 1 naked guy to 3 GC Yao Guay, Big Sword lost all its crappy artifact in one go. Fortunately the Goodest of Bois was more than enough to keep the 3 of them entertained untill my Fire disciple came back. I suppose I should always keep someone as garrison, from now on.

Just half a dozen days left untill the right season, wish me luck bros!

Sarathiour

Cipher
You should dodge all the event that reward artefact, they are often not very good and give shitton of rep, and should not want to hit 500 rep before having at least few inner combat ready, attack start to get nasty, even with the pet.

Good luck !

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-8-12_16-23-9.png

My first ACTUAL legit GC attempt. Very good.

My guy is pretty nice overall:
upload_2021-8-12_16-24-4.png

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Nice! I got a II and restarted again :negative:

So close to a I... I had over 9K qi, probably misinterpreted the season, I think for metal you need to go around day 26 in autumn, I was too early. I had even managed to have my gal surive eating a spirit crystal for the added Qi regen, got pretty close to dying but 9K Qi are enough to reliably survive the overflow (I...think?) also, it stacks with the resonance from eating a normal SS and the Qi regen pill, so stack everything you can survive. There's also a potion that adds 500 lifespan and 10% to all attributes, it goes for sale pretty regularly from the other sects.

For this try I'm really trying to amass everything from the beginning, in my previous one I was unable to find the Wicked Flux and the Forming pill. For this run, I have bought the FP as soon as I got the chance, still no WF. Although I have decided to roll on with whatever I get this time, no sense in trying to push for a level 1 first gen GC like an autist.

Question: are stats-increasing items taken in consideration or just the raw stats from the cultivator?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Nice! I got a II and restarted again :negative:

I would recommand pushint trough a bit more, you're 100% gonna fuck up your shendao and physical cultivator in some way if you're going blind.

I think for metal you need to go around day 26 in autumn

Metal as a law is pretty lenient for GC breakthrough, because earth element start to appear in the middle of each season, with it apex indeed around the 25 or so. Also it's pretty hard to get tier 1 core without miracle weather, because it take so much time that you generally end up with a fucked up ying yang before the end.

How the fuck did you manage to have so much ressource that early in the game ? Other sect don't trade good stuff unless you pamper them a bit.

Question: are stats-increasing items taken in consideration or just the raw stats from the cultivator?

They should.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Other sect don't trade good stuff unless you pamper them a bit.

I understand the social minigame, and I feel dirty about that. You can usually have at least 50-75% of the leaders favourites just by exploring the first four locations, two gifts and you're a friend. It's impossible to befriend everyone since some leaders only have 1 fav item but still it's a huge help.

I would recommand pushint trough a bit more, you're 100% gonna fuck up your shendao and physical cultivator in some way if you're going blind.

This time I'm pushing it anyway, I was only half joking, I restarted because I understood how at some levels of feng shui calculation the game gives you huge reputations bonuses (the "blessed" thing). Also, I discovered talismans of invisibility. I had reached 1k rep by day 65 and the attacks were causing me some collaterals already...
I'm 100% going forward this time, my metal gal has now more than 10k Qi and I've got all the pills for stat increase, the flux and all the previously mentioned Qi increases.

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Well damn.

How the fuck do you got so many ressources ? 5 phoenix feather at day 73 seems to me like a lot, nevertheless all the other you must have feed her to reach 12k in core shaping.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
5 phoenix feather at day 73 seems to me like a lot

3 or 4 are granted in a specific map (phoenix something?) I got the tip from the uber useful 4chan hyperlink you can find on each in-game item. Damn, that's an incredibly smart and useful feature, for such a complex game, I like it a lot! One I got from an event (treasure falls from the sky or something?) it actually fell in the middle of my pear trees, so I had to scramble an improvised location, which is were I placed the other ones when I went to the phoenix thingy for a guaranteed spawn of 2 phoenixwood, the feathers were just an added bonus, I lack any earth cultivator atm. I arranged them there just because it was a sub-par patch of spirit soil, dunno if it raises the Qi inside a floored room but why not? The other 3 chambers I built around a huge Ginkgo, afaik there should be no problem if metal and water get a bit of additional wood Qi and for fire it's a no brainer.

I personally don't use the one click favour mod but if you do, you can easily snipe the best recruits from the 4 starting locations, in this particular start I only had 3 disciples and an advanced law. I rolled the other two to be good at Fire and Metal respectively, and I rolled untill the would-be fire guy had high luck. Reason: metal is easy to GC, fire with high luck nets you an earth flux about 66% of time you adventure in gemspring cave (again, 4chan integrated tooltip). For recruits you want good farmers, a medic/cook and everyone with high Per+Con (mebbe, Per is definitely the most imortant but I still haven't figured out Con inside the equation) AND a star or two in crafting. Those last type of recruits can reach 55-60 levels of crafting skill and net you +3 level items consistently (discovered at random, during one of my starts I had a level 60 crafter from the beginning). Those you can use to trade with other sects, the merchant will always pay more tho. I also insta start a 200 block field of cotton, which I use to craft fabrics to raise crafting skill and as exchange good with the merchant. If you manage 2-3 decent farmers and 2 mediocre crafters, you can easily have a thousand or so for when it first arrives and about 12k fabrics on average between its visits. Good crafters are much rarer and I usually filter them out once I have taken a city or two, using the halls for recruitment is definitely faster...

Between that much cash and knowing the favourites of each elder (Immediately gift them 1 SS each at the beginning, so when you do your first tour of the various location you can ask everyone about their favs), you hit a chain reaction of sort, since many leaders favour really lousy items (bracelets, dice, clothing. Material and quality doesn't matter) you can open up them for trade early on and buy whatever the other leader favour. At that point, you just need to check from time to time for what they have on sale, this is another thing I haven't fully figured out. I swear I check their trade options, check again in the evening and sometimes you see a few new items spawning, in this game for example I found 2 Bear Demon furs, one of the fang things that increase artifact damage and a plethora of rare resources (W. flux, the other pill that gives you 500 lifespan +10% attributes).

As for what I feed her, iirc in total it was 15 Red Ginseng & Ganoderma, 2 earth flux, 1 wicked flux, the 500 years pill I cannot name atm and a purple junk pill. Then, right before starting, I also gave her a Qi regen pill, a forming pill an earthly pill (I had bought those for each attribute but after the F.pill both Per and Int were maxed), a tranquillity leaf and a spirit stone. I tried finding a spirit crystal but had no luck, you can realibly find the in Mt Rue, from the riverbanks plains. Obviously, during the breakthrough itself, I got my first elf ever and inside one of the lootboxes I found 10 spirit crystals -_- (edit: Also gave her a Bane Pill, 60 lifespan for a +10% to all attributes.)

That's the gist of it, if you have any specific questions, do ask!

Edit: need some guidance bros, next one I'd like to GC is my Thousand Artifacts gal (Winter--->Wood right?), does someone know if there's a weather spell I can learn rait nao to help with that? I really have no idea which weather affects which. Also, I've read that the miracle Derivative Calculation can unlock new laws, although it costs lifespan. My first GC is sorta of a throwaway anyway and has centuries to live due to the gud potion, should I learn it immediately and start spamming it or is it a bit too early? I have no idea what kind of events it generates and if said events would obliterate my greenish cultivators...

Sorry for the inane questions, but I'm trying to avoid the wiki, too many spoilers.

Edit 2: Niggerino Am I doing this right?

Wrawged.gif

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
sqSCwmF.png

I was so close to 200k, and that's probably only because I fucked up and cast my weather miracle way too early :negative:.

Edit: need some guidance bros, next one I'd like to GC is my Thousand Artifacts gal (Winter--->Wood right?), does someone know if there's a weather spell I can learn rait nao to help with that? I really have no idea which weather affects which. Also, I've read that the miracle Derivative Calculation can unlock new laws, although it costs lifespan. My first GC is sorta of a throwaway anyway and has centuries to live due to the gud potion, should I learn it immediately and start spamming it or is it a bit too early? I have no idea what kind of events it generates and if said events would obliterate my greenish cultivators...

Weather is a bit more fucky, the apex of each season have a few days variance, depending on the season. Check the help tab if you got a doubt, and the season bonus on the cultivation page obviously.
For the weather :
-foen wind = fire
- duststorm = earth
- thunderstorm = metal
-Rainstorm = water
- Toxic miasm = wood.
Those are GC miracle
Clear weather and rain also give small bonus., and are core shapping miracle.

For the new law :
You can get the other xiandao main one by either winning kunlun tourney (each competition correspond to a law) or by using derivative calcul to force event . I don't know the exact flavor text, it's something something secret knowledge.
For the talisman law
speak to the talisman elder who is kept being referred too
For shendao, you automatically get an event once you've uppgraded a town hall, other are random loot
For physical, it's dragon cliff scripture, you get a scripted event for one on day 135, other are random

Also, you generally know beforehand if the event is potentially dangerous. If nothing is signaled as, you're basically safe.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Also, you should proably had storage space or at least some display, you get a bonus if you try to do specter refinement in a very omnious room (it's neither told by the game or displayed ont the UI)

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Thx everyone for the suggestions, the room is already super cold due to ice blocks + pearl on display, they drop like flies. I've already got the hint about the very omnious room for spectre refining, I'm using my sad furnace room with an incompatible relic for that, already fully refined a couple earth flux + an Eternity Pill (+900 years and +20% all attributes!) and other assorted junk, just for fun!

I decided to not promote my Myriad Artifact in winter (she's good, could use a bit more attention. And I can raise other GC/inners in the meantime.) So I'm currently promoting my Fire to be a misc caster for DC spam and to rack up condemnation instead of my good cultivators. Also got a couple potentially very good recruits to advance into inner, but I'd like to find a couple more laws first.
I got heaven stealing (from a casket), the thunder shendao from expanding the first territory and I recently got the even for my first physical law (I... think?). Which critera should I use to select good candidates for Shandao and Physical cultivators?

Also, I'm teaching a cat how to think.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Thx everyone for the suggestions, the room is already super cold due to ice blocks + pearl on display, they drop like flies. I've already got the hint about the very omnious room for spectre refining, I'm using my sad furnace room with an incompatible relic for that, already fully refined a couple earth flux + an Eternity Pill (+900 years and +20% all attributes!) and other assorted junk, just for fun!

I decided to not promote my Myriad Artifact in winter (she's good, could use a bit more attention. And I can raise other GC/inners in the meantime.) So I'm currently promoting my Fire to be a misc caster for DC spam and to rack up condemnation instead of my good cultivators. Also got a couple potentially very good recruits to advance into inner, but I'd like to find a couple more laws first.
I got heaven stealing (from a casket), the thunder shendao from expanding the first territory and I recently got the even for my first physical law (I... think?). Which critera should I use to select good candidates for Shandao and Physical cultivators?

Also, I'm teaching a cat how to think.

For shendao you want a lot in social, so good charisma, and high skill level, but you will also need at least 8 in intel ( you can use pill, elixir and miracle for that). Luck is also nice to have. You also want trait like numb or warrior that reduce mood effect ( positive or negative, shendao don't differentiate the two), and conversely avoid thing like dragon bloodline.
Trap to avoid : careful about breaktrough and obssesion, you need 300 mental state for the optimal result of their GC
breakthrough equivalent.

Physical benefit from high CON, PER and INT. Medical and crafting stat are important because they are impacting there progress rate, battle is also important to have, because contrary to xiandao and shendao, they don't have qi, so they get directly damaged by attack (also you can't use pill on them, so use any stat boosting beforehand ).
Trap to avoid : rushing marrow is a good idea, but don't rush chaos phase, otherwise tribulation are gonna wreck you

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Physical benefit from high CON, PER and INT. Medical and crafting stat are important because they are impacting there progress rate, battle is also important to have, because contrary to xiandao and shendao, they don't have qi, so they get directly damaged by attack (also you can't use pill on them, so use any stat boosting beforehand ).

Thx for the help Sarathiour, that's extemely useful, as is everything else you wrote. So, all things considered, as far as random recruits go, this should be a pretty good guy to use as chassis for a Physical:

5gdfmeA.gif

Right? Or are crafting and medicine too low? Would it make sense to have it work on those skills a bit as an outer, before promoting him? Is Qi sense useful for physical cultivator, since, as you say, they don't have Qi? If it's the latter I will reserve this guy for some other kind of xiandao and start hunting for good recruits. Although with all those requirements I can already feel the pain, even with 60+ recruits on each skill usage. Again, sorry for the barrage of questions man but reliable sources of info are rare and I'm just too old to jump on a random discord server to ask.

It's probably all moot in any case, in 80 days the dragon cave will be upon me and while watching Sseth I just understood that the frickin' dragon has Qi in the range of millions. Since I'm playing this more or less blind, I harbor no dreams of defeating it on my first try. I don't care tho, game is such an awesomesauce that I'm not particularly bothered by a(nother) restart.

edit: I've cast my first derivative calculation, got a Manifesting Mandate event and the Jade Purity law which... sounds very good on paper. Heaven stealing has left me scratching my head, it's probably extremely useful with all those lifespan increases, still unable to properly evaluate potential since that's a stat that AFAIK only seriously influences internal cauldron and long-ass GC breakthrough.

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Right? Or are crafting and medicine too low? Would it make sense to have it work on those skills a bit as an outer, before promoting him?
They are bit low, but you got a relatively high magic rafting skill, so you indeed might want training him a bit as an outer in those domain.

Is Qi sense useful for physical cultivator, since, as you say, they don't have Qi?
Qi sense is not as crucial on physical, but still useful. Physical cult have true qi instead of qi, which does not offer protection, but is instead used for the usage of their "weapon". Anyway qi sense does not influence true qi, but the "qi penetration" and "artifact supression" : the first give a bonus to offence, second is a bit more tricky, you "catch" an artifact and stop it, but the cost is rather heavy.

It's probably all moot in any case, in 80 days the dragon cave will be upon me and while watching Sseth I just understood that the frickin' dragon has Qi in the range of millions. Since I'm playing this more or less blind, I harbor no dreams of defeating it on my first try. I don't care tho, game is such an awesomesauce that I'm not particularly bothered by a(nother) restart.
Don't worry too much, he does not automatically appear on day 200, and you still can delay it quite a bit after.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I don't know if you delved into formations yet but they are essential against bosses.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
don't know if you delved into formations yet

I admit, that's an aspect of the game I completely ignored up untill now and the main reason why I think I'm not in such a good position. I've also read a number of comments stating that 2-3 decent physical cultivators are enough but I dunno how accurate that is, since I still lack them in game. How many Inners do you have in your game, on average, when the cave manifests?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I actually haven't played this for the last 8 months but i checked it out now and I defeated the dragon with a 10 man formation. My formation pillar has 1 000 000 qi and others have around 600 000 more or less. I have 17 inners. No idea about physical cultivators, i never had one. From my memories, the formation shares damage between everyone and the dragon had a certain strong attack that almost broke it in one shot.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
K' so, new plan is: promote this gal to be a physical rait nao:

B7FkRCd.gif

While I slowly grind some Craft and Medicine into the better guy. Stats are much less epic in reality, she's currently under the effect of a forming pill.

I've tried to get the gist of formations. So, I want the highest Qi to be my pillar, right? Current plan is to promote this other gal:

8wC5uvm.gif

Into Six Path Reincarnation, after I scrounge something to increase her stats a bit. On paper, SPR gets loads of Qi bonuses once it reaches the final stages, should be gud as far as I can tell... As an added bonus, I already have a fancy water cultivation room, I should be able to GC both her and my myriad artifact (which now sits at 18k Qi in core shaping phase) next winter, just before the 200 days mark.

Fun fact, my Myriad Artifact gal can already enchant tier 6 items (the turning point where you can use elemental materials for weapons), with a 50% chance of success. I have an Eureka Pill that, according to 4chan, should give me a few million inspiration once spectre refined to tier 12. I intend to spend a bunch of it on artifact crafting and alchemy (and to give her as much Max Qi as I can) but if you have other suggestions, feel free to tell me.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Okay so you should probably have great snowland fully explored for day 260 or so, i just missed an event because I did not :negative:.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/955900/view/2953785617721751047

Finally, the DLC is around the corner.

There is still a while before exploring the new world, however a new story is about to be told on the old land.

Immortal Tales of Wudang will be released at August 31, 2021, 12am PDT. This time Amazing Cultivation Simulator will team up with Wudang Museum.

Man, if only we had some guy around who posts news about games... Oh well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom