Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Alphaturd might get patched

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
MetalCraze said:
The irony is so huge
When newsposts make fun of Bethesda's game in a not very mature way (or whatever studio is considered not trv3 underground developer today by retards here) - morons more than happily join the bandwagon. But when it's Obsidian (which is on the same level as Bethesda now) - they spam 5 pages of butthurt. And then cry about how they are not fanboys.

Do you not understand the concept of puns? The issue is not how mature it is. If he had written ass brotolol or whatever nobody would have complained.

Darth Roxor said:
Darth Roxor in another thread said:
You are completely dense if you don't see any difference between 'Mass Effect' -> 'Ass Effect' and 'Alpha Protocol' -> 'Alphaturd'.

You thought it was so good that you spammed it in this thread as well? Sorry, I cannot see a difference. They are all silly, juvenile and really not worth the absolute rubbish that has been spewed out in this thread. Again, terribly sorry; they really all are just childish little names, not unlike a fart joke. Glad you seem to be such a connoisseur of this....genre....of jokes.

Honestly, the comments about 'Alphaturd'...pathetic. Skyway does have a point: People who have not batted an eyelid with other trash games, from other trash developers, ARE suddenly becoming VERY upset over a word, in a title, on the Codex. You can shake. You can shuffle. But that is the only difference here that makes any sense.

Now, I will freely admit that I think Obsidian are basically pretty worthless when it comes to CRPG's. Whenever one of their games shows a modicum (a modicum mind you, nothing trailblazing at all) of originality, it is totally and utterly thrown out the door by having an entire host of other problems. And, at base, they really just seem to produce second editions of other devs I dislike. But I keep hearing the same old thing, from the same old people: "Obsidian is just building up. They will make a real CRPG again. You'll see!!!!"

When will this be? 20 years from now? As it is, they seem to lurch from one problem to another. They cannot even finish a game that uses exactly, let me say that again, exactly the same engine as the first game (KOTOR2). Yet so many seem to think this mob have a hope of producing an entirely original roleplaying experience when they cannot even do this?

No. I don't think I will ever see that. Neither will you. They just try to make Bioware ripoffs, second rate Bioware ripoffs at that. Not to mention that none of their games are remembered for anything really. They are released, they stumble along, get a few sales and a few "yeah, that was ok...I guess. It fills in the time between Bioware releases anyway...". Then another half baked....turd....emerges later on.

Compare this with another studio that only lasted through 3 games, none of which are forgotten, even if all are flawed. The difference is that each one of them tried something different to what was on the market. I don't think I have to mention names with this.

So, if the majority in this thread have been incensed by the 'turd' part, then get over it. Just get over it. The hypocrisy is astounding. Redux of 'A black guy got angry over being called a Nigger!!! WHAT A WHINER!!'.

If, however, bearing in mind that other devs, and their games, can be called anything without this kind of outrage popping up, it is due to it being an Obsidian game...well...all I can do is hope you see the double standards involved.

Or write a review and explain how wonderful Alphaturd is perhaps? How it improves on similar games of its type?

Thats right. You can't.

All praise the Alphaturd, the current Turd of turds!

Lockkaliber said:
MetalCraze said:
The irony is so huge
When newsposts make fun of Bethesda's game in a not very mature way (or whatever studio is considered not trv3 underground developer today by retards here) - morons more than happily join the bandwagon. But when it's Obsidian (which is on the same level as Bethesda now) - they spam 5 pages of butthurt. And then cry about how they are not fanboys.

Do you not understand the concept of puns? The issue is not how mature it is. If he had written ass brotolol or whatever nobody would have complained.

Oh what a load of bollocks! 'ass brotolol' is idiotic. It is childish. It is ridiculous. The best part of it is...I couldn't give a damn! Why don't you join me and stop being such a whiner over something completely pathetic.

1eyedking

Erudite
FeelTheRads said:
I kinda like Alphaturd, to be honest.

It gives the game a prestigious air: In a pack of turds, you have an Alphaturd.

Crispy said:
:lol:

See, now that's witty. FTR for newsposter.

Vault Dweller said:
This is funny and witty. :thumbs up:

The level of butthurt in fanboys in this thread must be reaching epic levels for them to laugh at such remarks.

That make no sense.

Seriously now, Alpha Protocol sucks so goddamn hard that putting a half-assed pun on a news title is only appropriate.

Blackadder said:
Darth Roxor said:
You are completely dense if you don't see any difference between 'Mass Effect' -> 'Ass Effect' and 'Alpha Protocol' -> 'Alphaturd'.

You thought it was so good that you spammed it in this thread as well? Sorry, I cannot see a difference. They are all silly, juvenile and really not worth the absolute rubbish that has been spewed out in this thread. Again, terribly sorry; they really all are just childish little names, not unlike a fart joke. Glad you seem to be such a connoisseur of this....genre....of jokes.

Honestly, the comments about 'Alphaturd'...pathetic. Skyway does have a point: People who have not batted an eyelid with other trash games, from other trash developers, ARE suddenly becoming VERY upset over a word, in a title, on the Codex. You can shake. You can shuffle. But that is the only difference here that makes any sense.

Now, I will freely admit that I think Obsidian are basically pretty worthless when it comes to CRPG's. Whenever one of their games shows a modicum (a modicum mind you, nothing trailblazing at all) of originality, it is totally and utterly thrown out the door by having an entire host of other problems. And, at base, they really just seem to produce second editions of other devs I dislike. But I keep hearing the same old thing, from the same old people: "Obsidian is just building up. They will make a real CRPG again. You'll see!!!!"

When will this be? 20 years from now? As it is, they seem to lurch from one problem to another. They cannot even finish a game that uses exactly, let me say that again, exactly the same engine as the first game (KOTOR2). Yet so many seem to think this mob have a hope of producing an entirely original roleplaying experience when they cannot even do this?

No. I don't think I will ever see that. Neither will you. They just try to make Bioware ripoffs, second rate Bioware ripoffs at that. Not to mention that none of their games are remembered for anything really. They are released, they stumble along, get a few sales and a few "yeah, that was ok...I guess. It fills in the time between Bioware releases anyway...". Then another half baked....turd....emerges later on.

Compare this with another studio that only lasted through 3 games, none of which are forgotten, even if all are flawed. The difference is that each one of them tried something different to what was on the market. I don't think I have to mention names with this.

So, if the majority in this thread have been incensed by the 'turd' part, then get over it. Just get over it. The hypocrisy is astounding. Redux of 'A black guy got angry over being called a Nigger!!! WHAT A WHINER!!'.

If, however, bearing in mind that other devs, and their games, can be called anything without this kind of outrage popping up, it is due to it being an Obsidian game...well...all I can do is hope you see the double standards involved.

Or write a review and explain how wonderful Alphaturd is perhaps? How it improves on similar games of its type?

Thats right. You can't.

In fairness, there has also been a less vocal, but consistent, minority who have been criticising the 'let's call a game a lame pun' kind of 'critical commentary' for a long time now. Not all Codexers lolled along when people were going around saying 'Ass Effect' and 'Faggout 3' as though they'd just discovered swearing and were giggling at all the naughty words they could use. There was a small but everpresent group that disagreed with much of the Skywayism, even with games that they disliked - the point being that at one time the Codex was somewhere you could expect intelligent criticism of crpgs and reasoned arguments of a quality that would attract several industry folk of the profile of Gaider et al. I think the word 'decline' might have been used a few times as well.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Blackadder said:
Lockkaliber said:
MetalCraze said:
The irony is so huge

Oh what a load of bollocks! 'ass brotolol' is idiotic. It is childish. It is ridiculous. The best part of it is...I couldn't give a damn! Why don't you join me and stop being such a whiner over something completely pathetic.

But it is not done in the style that have become tradition on the Codex lately. He tried to do it but failed, that's what people are pointing out. I don't particularly care either. It's comparable to using a meme in the wrong way, while thinking you are doing it right. It makes us facepalm. But yeah, you are right, it's not a big issue.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You thought it was so good that you spammed it in this thread as well?

:roll:

Yes, I posted it all in caps, with the largest font possible and inside a gazillion posts.

Sorry, I cannot see a difference. They are all silly, juvenile and really not worth the absolute rubbish that has been spewed out in this thread. Again, terribly sorry; they really all are just childish little names, not unlike a fart joke. Glad you seem to be such a connoisseur of this....genre....of jokes.

Hey, look, the monocle brigade has arrived.

Stop being so fucking pretentious and thickheaded. Yes, they ARE all silly and juvenile, but while a half-assed attempt at a jab like 'Alpha Brotocol' at least takes a modicum of thought into it, 'Alphaturd' does not only convey a 'Hey guys, I'm so very very angry, look at me. No, really, LOOK HERE, I'M BEING ANGRY HERE' message, but it's also a half-assed attempt at an already half-assed attempt at a jab. If that's not gigantically lame, I don't know what is.

I'm sure you still see no difference, though. Bring a quest compass next time.

Blackadder said:
The best part of it is...I couldn't give a damn!

Said after typing three posts across two threads, including one wall of text.

Azrael the cat said:
Blackadder said:
Darth Roxor said:

Thats right. You can't.

In fairness, there has also been a less vocal, but consistent, minority who have been criticising the 'let's call a game a lame pun' kind of 'critical commentary' for a long time now. Not all Codexers lolled along when people were going around saying 'Ass Effect' and 'Faggout 3' as though they'd just discovered swearing and were giggling at all the naughty words they could use. There was a small but everpresent group that disagreed with much of the Skywayism, even with games that they disliked - the point being that at one time the Codex was somewhere you could expect intelligent criticism of crpgs and reasoned arguments of a quality that would attract several industry folk of the profile of Gaider et al. I think the word 'decline' might have been used a few times as well.

Fair enough, but even when industry figures did come here, they proved to be incredibly easy to offend anyway.

The problem I see in this thread...and others, is that certain elements want to spam their childish, silly little names and memes everywhere they want to, while if someone uses 'Alphaturd' they have the gaul to say it isn't a witty pun!!None of them are, they are just pathetic. But instead of shrugging and reading the actual content involved in the post, they start a big flap over the title, and use their own ridiculous little names as Avatars of witticism! :roll:

I cannot believe the level of hypocrisy involved.

So, if people are really upset over the 'decline' then I see only a few pieces of evidence in this thread to back up that statement. And I have to say, Skyway is not one of the decliners in this thread. Maybe in other threads, I haven't taken enough interest before. But not in this one.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Again, Skyways post was a strawman. I for one am not talking about maturity in the slightest, it's about Voddy-kun failing to utilize the "meme" correctly.

Darth Roxor said:
You thought it was so good that you spammed it in this thread as well?

:roll:

Yes, I posted it all in caps, with the largest font possible and inside a gazillion posts.

Sorry, I cannot see a difference. They are all silly, juvenile and really not worth the absolute rubbish that has been spewed out in this thread. Again, terribly sorry; they really all are just childish little names, not unlike a fart joke. Glad you seem to be such a connoisseur of this....genre....of jokes.

Hey, look, the monocle brigade has arrived.

Stop being so fucking pretentious and thickheaded. Yes, they ARE all silly and juvenile, but while a half-assed attempt at a jab like 'Alpha Brotocol' at least takes a modicum of thought into it, 'Alphaturd' does not only convey a 'Hey guys, I'm so very very angry, look at me. No, really, LOOK HERE, I'M BEING ANGRY HERE' message, but it's also a half-assed attempt at an already half-assed attempt at a jab. If that's not gigantically lame, I don't know what is.

I'm sure you still see no difference, though. Bring a quest compass next time.

Blackadder said:
The best part of it is...I couldn't give a damn!

Said after typing three posts across two threads, including one wall of text.

No, its no more lame than 'ass effect' or 'alpha brotolol' or any other idiotic rubbish that is spewed more and more on the Codex by silly little fellows like yourself. Either laugh with them, or laugh at them; at the moment, you and the others that wish to take it both ways just look quite pathetic.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Lockkaliber said:
Again, Skyways post was a strawman. I for one am not talking about maturity in the slightest, it's about Voddy-kun failing to utilize the "meme" correctly.

What meme? Are you insane? There were countless variations on AP's title. This is one of them, which I might say it more to the point and less "trying too hard" unlike many others I've seen.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Blackadder said:
No, its no more lame than 'ass effect' or 'alpha brotolol' or any other idiotic rubbish that is spewed more and more on the Codex by silly little fellows like yourself. Either laugh with them, or laugh at them; at the moment, you and the others that wish to take it both ways just look quite pathetic.

Except that I don't use 'ass effects' or 'alpha brotocols' almost at all because they're stupid. However, while seeing them I just wave my hand and think 'whatever' because they're not as strikingly bottom-of-the-barrel stupid as 'Alphaturd'.

Cassidy

Arcane
Blackadder said:
Skyway does have a point: People who have not batted an eyelid with other trash games, from other trash developers, ARE suddenly becoming VERY upset over a word, in a title, on the Codex. You can shake. You can shuffle. But that is the only difference here that makes any sense.

When will this be? 20 years from now?[...]

Thats right. You can't.

Welcome to the Post-mortem (or Post-modern) Codex

Lockkaliber said:

Do you really find the "tradition" of these stupid meme's funny? Yes, they can be funny when used once in a while. Unfortunately, they are over used so that it feels like you are with some children that have learned a swear word, and the humour of farts.

All good. I just skip over the worst of it.

But then I see people, the same 'alpha brotololers' actually having a go at 'alphaturd'...and trying to justify this attitude by how witty the other junk is...unbelieveable. And they do this to someone who is actually doing something constructive at this site, unlike most of them. That is the only joke I can really see in this thread.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Lockkaliber said:
Ass Brotolol is just as stupid. But it just sounds stupid, calling the game a turd surely sounds more offensive.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This thread is now about... what, exactly? I'm confused.

Alexandros said:
The backlash seems way too extreme for something as trivial as a pun.
It's not even a pun, and that's precisely what spawned the backlash initially. I think.

1eyedking said:
FeelTheRads said:
I kinda like Alphaturd, to be honest.

It gives the game a prestigious air: In a pack of turds, you have an Alphaturd.

Crispy said:

See, now that's witty. FTR for newsposter.

Vault Dweller said:
This is funny and witty. :thumbs up:

The level of butthurt in fanboys in this thread must be reaching epic levels for them to laugh at such remarks.

That make no sense.

wat

Stop using words you don't know the meaning of

FTR said:
What meme? Are you insane? There were countless variations on AP's title. This is one of them, which I might say it more to the point and less "trying too hard" unlike many others I've seen.

The "witty nicknames" meme, it's not restricted to AP. Which feels kind of retarded when you enter a Fable / Molyneux thread and there are people complaining about the silly fart humour.

Silellak

Cipher
Oh Codex. Where else could I get accused of being a fanboy for a game I've never even played?

:love:

Okay, probably quite a few places, but still. Don't ruin the moment.

Silellak said:
Oh Codex. Where else could I get accused of being a fanboy for a game I've never even played?

Well, I hope you are a fanboy. At least I would prefer being lumped into that category. The alternative is that you find 'alpha brotolol' so much more appealing and witty than 'Alphaturd', and feel it is important enough to warrant entering the ring and having a crack at a title of a thread, when so many pathetic memes and names are bandied about in overkill mode as it is.

I can picture it now. The Roman senate sits in session to discuss the old, vs the new. Cicero (insert great Codex defender of the lulz) stands to applause from those present, and give breath to that most despicable, witless pleb, Ventilator...

Illustration-of-Cicero-Ad-001.jpg

"When, O Ventilator, do you mean to cease abusing our meme's? How long is that madness of yours still to mock us? When is there to be an end of that unbridled audacity of yours, swaggering about as it does now?

Do not the Morons spilling over from General Discussion—do not the Brotololers posted throughout the site—does not the alarm of the Dumbfucks, and the union of all good Third Worlders—does not the precaution taken of assembling the Fanboys in this most defensible place—do not the looks and utterances of Ass Effect, of this Immature body here present, have any effect upon you?

Do you not feel that your butthurt is detected? Do you not see that your conspiracy is already arrested and rendered powerless by the witticism which every one here possesses but you? What is there that you posted last night, what the night before— where is it that you posted from—what title was there which was adopted by you, with which you think that any one of us will believe to be a pun? "

Dragula

Augur
1eyedking said:

That make no sense.

Seriously now, Alpha Protocol sucks so goddamn hard that putting a half-assed pun on a news title is only appropriate.
1eyedturd amirite?

quasimodo

Augur
Blackadder said:
Silellak said:

Well, I hope you are a fanboy. At least I would prefer being lumped into that category. The alternative is that you find 'alpha brotolol' so much more appealing and witty than 'Alphaturd', and feel it is important enough to warrant entering the ring and having a crack at a title of a thread, when so many pathetic memes and names are bandied about in overkill mode as it is.

I can picture it now. The Roman senate sits in session to discuss the old, vs the new. Cicero (insert great Codex defender of the lulz) stands to applause from those present, and give breath to that most despicable, witless pleb, Ventilator...

Illustration-of-Cicero-Ad-001.jpg

"When, O Ventilator, do you mean to cease abusing our meme's? How long is that madness of yours still to mock us? When is there to be an end of that unbridled audacity of yours, swaggering about as it does now?

Do not the Morons spilling over from General Discussion—do not the Brotololers posted throughout the site—does not the alarm of the Dumbfucks, and the union of all good Third Worlders—does not the precaution taken of assembling the Fanboys in this most defensible place—do not the looks and utterances of Ass Effect, of this Immature body here present, have any effect upon you?

Do you not feel that your butthurt is detected? Do you not see that your conspiracy is already arrested and rendered powerless by the witticism which every one here possesses but you? What is there that you posted last night, what the night before— where is it that you posted from—what title was there which was adopted by you, with which you think that any one of us will believe to be a pun? "

I think BA just won this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom