Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol is $2 on Steam today

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
When it's that cheap you should buy it twice. Who knows when another incredible offer like this presents itself in a Silellak post?

Of course I already know The Codex loves Alpha Protocol this much!

Deleted member 7219

Worth buying if it is on sale. There's lots of good stuff in that game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've avoided it in the past given the flaws but at $2 they're basically giving it away.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Andyman Messiah said:
When it's that cheap you should buy it twice. Who knows when another incredible offer like this presents itself in a Silellak post?

I would buy it 10 times if Steam would let me. Maybe I should gift it to someone. :roll:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Andyman Messiah said:

:salute: :salute: :salute:

They are almost giving it away for anyone who has't played it yet

Deleted member 7219

I actually bought it again even though I have a physical copy. £1.50 is a good price to pay for a digital backup of a game I quite enjoyed.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is 2 euro BUY IT.

The game is flawed as hell, but is worth it for 2 DOLLARS.

deuxhero

Arcane
"Processor: 2.4+ GHZ Intel® or 2.0+ GHZ AMD™ "

There isn't a "dual core" missing there right? My 3.06 GHZ Pentium 4 machine (Old, building something new next year) will run it right? (note: I have upgraded my graphics card and RAM so they will easily run it).

Damn it Steam! I was so close to finishing Baten Kaitos Orgins!

Deakul

Augur
Are there any mods or fixes out there that make maneuvering the ingame menus(minigames mostly) not suck so fucking much?

Fucking Christ, it's just about unplayable.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Matt7895 said:
I actually bought it again even though I have a physical copy. £1.50 is a good price to pay for a digital backup of a game I quite enjoyed.
Did the same. :salute:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, does the Steam version fix all the problems Alpha Protocol has with Windows 7?

Coyote

Arcane
treave said:
Yeah, does the Steam version fix all the problems Alpha Protocol has with Windows 7?

Not sure what problems you're talking about, but I played the non-Steam version earlier this year on a computer running Windows 7 and only encountered two minor bugs. So either they fixed them or Windows 7 alone wasn't the source of them.

(One was that enemies occasionally failed to appear when I loaded the game; reloading fixed this. And the other one involved the hotel level in Taiwan, although I don't remember the details.)

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A small warning the first part of the game is SHIT!.

The whole Middle east part of the game is ANNOYING as fuck, but it gets more fun after that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Coyote said:
treave said:

Not sure what problems you're talking about, but I played the non-Steam version earlier this year on a computer running Windows 7 and only encountered two minor bugs. So either they fixed them or Windows 7 alone wasn't the source of them.

(One was that enemies occasionally failed to appear when I loaded the game; reloading fixed this. And the other one involved the hotel level in Taiwan, although I don't remember the details.)

Crashing or errors on start ups, usually. Didn't have those problems with Windows XP but after I upgraded to 7 I hit those issues. Didn't really care enough for replaying the game to bother looking for workarounds though.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Hm. Still not sure if $2 is low enough after my last experience with the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom