Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Wonders 4

rumSaint

Literate
I do miss hard movement limitations. It's a feature that I really would like to see again. It was a mistake to give all units the ability to traverse water and mountains. The lack of this restriction does take away options to define and differentiate units and races, and reduces the importance of the underground. It also makes map design more boring and guts the importance of abilities that affect mobility and of spells that terra-form the map. It was really noticeable when I played AoW 1, AoW:SM and AoW III back to back. Both, AoW III and IV, would be better if they had it.
Not only that, they removed rivers and choke points on bridges. Mountains don't block movement. Everything feels flat, and I think the game lost strategic depth because of that.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Blutwurstritter

Learned
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1669000/view/3978435073800292208?l=english

Survey to "help them improve the game". lol

Wonder if there's an option for: "Make a good game instead of this dog shit."
Fairly long survey. Funnily enough I haven't seen a single tv show they asked an opinion of.
You are more patient than I am. I've closed the survey tab at the third or fourth question about social media and other unrelated shit.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1669000/view/3978435073800292208?l=english

Survey to "help them improve the game". lol

Wonder if there's an option for: "Make a good game instead of this dog shit."
Fairly long survey. Funnily enough I haven't seen a single tv show they asked an opinion of.
You are more patient than I am. I've closed the survey tab at the third or fourth question about social media and other unrelated shit.

I finished it, but it is mostly that. You can eventually give them some actual feedback, but it's all at the end and minimal except for the comment box.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can eventually give them some actual feedback, but it's all at the end and minimal except for the comment box.
Nobody actually reads that. It is just put there as feel good option.

I have no doubt that you're right, but after getting to the end of the fucking thing, I needed the chance to blast them. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom