Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (AKA AoE2 HD HD)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't mind if there is more of good shit,the question is is it good?!

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
As someone who regularly plays Multiplayer online, TBH whatever they have to do to keep the servers running at this point

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
DE is 50% discounted now, probably because of the upcoming DLC. Finally got it. Too bad they got rid of the Groundskeeper Willie Scottish accent in the tutorials. :( This one is much less charismatic.

Shrimp

Arbiter
As someone who regularly plays Multiplayer online, TBH whatever they have to do to keep the servers running at this point
Do you by any chance have any idea how the general active playerbase feels about the DLCs? I think the last time I played was about two years ago and one of the challenges I faced was having to replace my existing knowledge of the AoC civilisations along with learning what all the new ones were capable of.
How do the people who exclusively play for online pvp feel about all the new civs? I know the most recent ones had some movable mule cart instead of the traditional lumber/mining camps and I imagine it must get increasingly difficult to have to not only keep track of but also learn how to utilise all the new gimmicks that are meant to set them apart from the rest of the civilisations in the game

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well first of all you don't have to buy the DLCs. It is common for many players to not have all the DLCs. I think most of the DLCs have been well received except Return to Rome.

Generally new civs and new game balance is refreshing, but yes there are a lot of civlizations. I have a good memory and I like playing different civilizations so I don't have a problem remembering civ bonuses etc, but there are players in my group that wouldn't have a clue about many civilizations. They know the ones they like and the common ones, but that's about it. The mule cart itself isn't a big change but one of the civilizations that gets it starts with -50 food currently and that really changes the starting build order (except for shore fish maps, which counteract the -50 food).

Deadyawn

Learned
I'm currently on the Georgian campaign, and it's pretty boring.
They are a defensive civ so all the maps lean into turtling. That's not the real problem though, it's the monaspa. It's by far the most dominating unit, so you just make a deathball of them and wipe every map.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the new dlc. I've played one or two of their mod counterparts and they twist the mechanics in some fun ways.

Narax

Educated
You can play 15 of the 19 battle scenarios for free, they are mods available on the steam workshop. The devs are just being scummy and shamelessly lying like bethesda. I wouldn't be surprised if they take down those mods due to "copyright" concerns.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No they probably won't. The guy who designed this scenario pack started as a modder and was then recruited into the team (many such cases, the girl who made a Croatian and a Persian campaign was hired as an official campaign designer too).
The scenarios featured in the expansion are reworked, completely overhauled and expanded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom