Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (AKA AoE2 HD HD)

Endemic

Arcane
Japanese got a +2 attack vs archers bonus for their cavalry archers in the final patch. Might be a sleeper pick now.

MerchantKing

Learned
My only regret is that I don't know what happened to my aoe2 CD's. I still have a cd for conquerors. I just can't find the base game CD...

Kruyurk

Learned

The company is happy to make honest money. The consoomers are happy to buy these gifs, according to the steam reviews. Everyone is happy.

catfood

AGAIN
Especially me.
2a2a928a9fe5e2393eb67d64171a3e537f068bde7e24073aa189f0b83f504843_1.jpg

Endemic

Arcane
Two new campaigns were added to the Return of Rome DLC:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/813780/view/3884981746123671189

Both of the campaigns selected by community vote; Glory of Greece and Voices of Babylon are now available for you to play and enjoy.

You can access the new campaigns by transitioning your game into Return of Rome, then navigating to Single Player and selecting the Campaigns option. From here, select the new ‘Return of Rome‘ tab on the side of the campaign menu.

16 scenarios in total.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I've no idea why they posted this "news" now. They were added a long ago, I've already completed them both.

Cael

Arcane

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They're under the Africa tab because that's the first tab in the campaign list (ordered alphabetically) and the historical battles aren't restricted to one continent, so they just dumped them right on top.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I would put the "Historical battles" button on any category that has those types of missions. So if you click W.Europe and then Historical Battles you would be able to select Tours (732), York (865), Hastings (1066) and Agincourt (1415).

And of course the need to add a N.Europe tab and put the Vinlandsaga there if you click Historical Battles.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I just saw an announcement video on yt. Did I understood correctly that "the first campaign focused" expansion does not feature any campaigns? :lol: Don't know what these guys are smoking, but after the recent emoji "dlc" it seems high time to change providers.

And to think I was actually a bit excited to finally get turk and viking campaigns. The nu-romans one would be p cool as well. But nah, what am I thinking.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I just saw an announcement video on yt. Did I understood correctly that "the first campaign focused" expansion does not feature any campaigns? :lol: Don't know what these guys are smoking, but after the recent emoji "dlc" it seems high time to change providers.

And to think I was actually a bit excited to finally get turk and viking campaigns. The nu-romans one would be p cool as well. But nah, what am I thinking.
I haven't seen any videos but the store page on Steam makes it sound like it's 19 standalone scenarios sort of like the Conquerors scenarios.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
They've now added the pricing and, of course, it's more expensive than all the pre-ROR dlc that had new civs and fully-fledged campaigns.

This is a fucking joke.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Post trailer:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom