Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Released on Steam Early Access

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'll wait for a full version that I can pirate :smug:

449 pуб.? Oh... well.
hLKw73l.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Vault Dweller, why doesn't your game appear under Steam's "New Releases" tab?

You won't get those piles of Steambux if nobody even knows your game has appeared on the service.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It does for me. The top entry in 'rpg', 'indie', and 'early access' categories.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hmm, it doesn't show up under new releases for me either. Something having to do with time zones maybe?

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Repeating my question-
Is the demo offered on Steam\the one on the site updated to be on the same "feature\version" of the newly released "super-demo"? (Balance and bug-wise, not content wise)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think they may have removed all Early Access games from that tab. I'm pretty sure they were there before. What a shame.

Repeating my question-
Is the demo offered on Steam\the one on the site updated to be on the same "feature\version" of the newly released "super-demo"? (Balance and bug-wise, not content wise)

Not yet. We just talked about how the demo wasn't uploaded yet on the last page.

Vault Dweller

Developer
No idea. I don't see any 'early access' games there. Maybe that's why?

As for the demo, it hasn't been uploaded yet (shouldn't take longer than a few hours from now) but it does have the same features as the 'super demo'.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think they may have removed all Early Access games from that tab. I'm pretty sure they were there before. What a shame.
Are you serious? Man, Valve is so fucking incompetent. They let in every damn Early Access game by some shmuck who passed Greenlight. Naturally, you get a lot of barely functioning titles that hardly get any updates. People get pissed and complain- so Valve just takes them all off the frontpage?

Is hiring a competent quality assurance team really THAT difficult for Valve?

No idea. I don't see any 'early access' games there. Maybe that's why?

As for the demo, it hasn't been uploaded yet (shouldn't take longer than a few hours from now) but it does have the same features as the 'super demo'.

Good to know. I'll try it when it's up.

bonescraper

Again & again... Russian language - where?

Hi all!

Where is languages in RPG?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Project Zomboid got hit by this too: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1q6yv3/project_zomboid_early_access_has_just_been/

Previously all Early Access games would have been on the frontpage in the "new releases" box, with potentially getting featured. This was changed either today or yesterday without a word to anyone, making it no longer possible. Had the devs known beforehand, they could have released before that. Stuff like this is extremely important for indie titles with minimal PR budgets, so it's screwing over other future Early Access releases too.

It's probably because of all the "I wouldn't buy this game if I knew it wasn't complete! I want a refund! Early Access is a scam!!!!!!!!!" retards that don't even bother reading the game's description before buying. Virtually every ea game forum is littered with threads like that.

I hope they're planning to introduce a tab for early access games, would be easy and keeps everyone happy.

Fryjar

Augur
Project Zomboid got hit by this too: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1q6yv3/project_zomboid_early_access_has_just_been/

Previously all Early Access games would have been on the frontpage in the "new releases" box, with potentially getting featured. This was changed either today or yesterday without a word to anyone, making it no longer possible. Had the devs known beforehand, they could have released before that. Stuff like this is extremely important for indie titles with minimal PR budgets, so it's screwing over other future Early Access releases too.

Well, they are now featured in the "Featured Items", "Now Released" slide show at least. Again, is the cost prohibitiv VD or why did you decide against doing that? Otherwise it will be pretty hard to stumble upon the game if you weren't following it before.

Last edited:

Cancle

Novice

There are 6 early access games featured on my steam front page (eu). Including Project Zomboid. However Project Zomboid (and possibly some of the other 5 games too, have not checked) is not in the "new releases" list.
Not being on the "new releases" list is highly unfortunate. Hopefully the game will at least be featured eventually. If not it goes without saying the sales figures will certainly be severely hurt.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Got a question... what do the "attack bonuses" near weapon skills actually do?
Bonus to THC.

Isn't it kind of weird how investing points in axes means you have more attack bonuses in HAMMERS?
Hafted weapons. Your THC with axes will still be higher because your skill is higher.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
'grats VD! Hope it does well. I bought it again on Early Access just for the hell of it.

I've heard that developers don't get told how many units they sell on Steam. And consequently, nobody knows how much of a cut Valve takes. They just send you some money, but don't give anyone enough information to calculate the percentage taken out.
No.

And Steam takes 30%, like most digital retailers.

Vault Dweller

Developer
We'll make it more clear in the future updates and show the breakdown (synergy, training, etc).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom