Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Agarest: Generations of War

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

argh. trinity universe was especially disappointing as it sounded like a time stalkers clone but just didn't deliver.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
never heard of these failures.
never even played them on non-master race gaming platform.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, let me know if this game turns out to be any good, so I can pirate it buy it when it goes on sale.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Bros, let me know if this game turns out to be any good, so I can pirate it buy it when it goes on sale.
dood, this is not a new game. it's been out for ages on consoles and already has two shitty sequels. plenty of info on it on the net.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
I neither care about opinions expressed outside of The Codex, nor trust them.
at least two codexers in this thread already said it was bland shit just like all the other idea factory games.

Drakron

Arcane
You want for me to start point out the number of Codexers singing high praises to Rockstar latest turd?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I neither care about opinions expressed outside of The Codex, nor trust them.
at least two codexers in this thread already said it was bland shit just like all the other idea factory games.
With nobody saying they have actually played the game. Just some general 'it's shit because it's shit' claims so far, as with every title.
Trusting only opinions expressed on the Codex =/= trusting all opinions on the Codex.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://store.steampowered.com/app/237890/

Fuck this looks beautiful. I have learned not to pre purchase stuff, especially if there is no demo, but am seriously considering splurging to get in on the discount and the 'Free' DLCs to preorderers (wow, this DLC concept that's become central to steam is SUCH a cashgrab)

Anyone else want this? Looks like a cross between FF:Tactics type combat mixed with true jrpg story and out of combat gameplay. And that art style....:love:

I cringed a little bit watching the trailer. I prefer my romantic elements come a little more subtle. But, it "looks" cool, and is on my list of prospective purchases.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
( ^O^)/ I never watch trailer.
I just see box and want to buy liao.

deuxhero

Arcane
With nobody saying they have actually played the game. Just some general 'it's shit because it's shit' claims so far, as with every title.

I'll claim it's shit because it's ID Factory, which is entirely valid.

dood, this is not a new game. it's been out for ages on consoles and already has two shitty sequels. plenty of info on it on the net.

3 sequels, though the PSP one is apparently not as shitty (also Japan only).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
...i say it's shit because i played it, 0, 2, tirnity universe, cross edge, neptunia and some other idea factory games. they all have some interesting features but otherwise terribly bland gameplay and shittastic stories and even worse dialogue. idea factory makes half-assed budget games reusing the same systems over and over again without actually bothering to improve upon them, then floods their titles (at least the newer ones) with pay2win dlc and other stuff to milk those few people who actually like them, including bait in the form of free stuff that is incredibly overpowered for the beginning of the game.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
So... you didn't like it, but you still played every game in the series (and others from the same devs). May I ask why?

TigerKnee

Arcane
Idea Factory is like the Ed Wood of videogames, I guess. Their products are a train wreck but they're fascinating to experience because of their particular brand of unrealized potential.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
So... you didn't like it, but you still played every game in the series (and others from the same devs). May I ask why?
they are good to play while you are working mentally on something else, since most of them don't require much attention when you set dialogue to autoskip, plus i was fooled by the nippon ichi logos on cross edge and trinity universe.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Gameplay is shit because it basically consists of grinding battles by positioning characters in specific formations which maximize their attacks, over and over again. Every random battle or boss battle consists of the same repetition of aligning your characters in so-and-so ways (which you eventually optimize through the sheer volume of practice), with the occasional special-ability-with-a-thirty-second-cutscene thrown in for good measure. In between such mindnumbing retardation you'll be treated to a craptastic generic fantasy story sprinkled with tantalizing but ultimately cockblocking attempts at hentai.

Game is shit, move on.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gameplay is shit because it basically consists of grinding battles by positioning characters in specific formations which maximize their attacks, over and over again. Every random battle or boss battle consists of the same repetition of aligning your characters in so-and-so ways (which you eventually optimize through the sheer volume of practice), with the occasional special-ability-with-a-thirty-second-cutscene thrown in for good measure. In between such mindnumbing retardation you'll be treated to a craptastic generic fantasy story sprinkled with tantalizing but ultimately cockblocking attempts at hentai.

Game is shit, move on.

Sadly, that leaves us with a Prisoner's Dilemma. Since I want to bring more JRPGs to the PC, I am obligated to support it regardless of its quality.

deuxhero

Arcane
DeS won't happen because it's a Sony IP, DD won't happen because Capcom is run by idiots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom