Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters

Nahel

Arcane
I am too busy to even pirate it. I have barely the time to play good games, so no time to play Oblivion with guns 2.0 (more Gunning and less RP). Even if someone gifted the game to me i would probably resell it and use the money to buy other things. I think i miss the time when i thought actual FPS were the true proof of decline....

pippin

The problem for me is the price tag. 60 dollars plus 30 for the season pass-no thanks. Fallout 4 doesn't look like a 60 dollars game to begin with...

pippin

None of them, really, and I really hate we have to suffer these kind of price tags. Codex favorites used to cost well over 70 american dollars back in the day, but economyfags would adjust those prices and etc.

Epsilon

Cipher
None of them, really, and I really hate we have to suffer these kind of price tags. Codex favorites used to cost well over 70 american dollars back in the day, but economyfags would adjust those prices and etc.
In the words of Ron Gilbert "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

pippin

In the words of Ron Gilbert "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

Again, Secret of Monkey Island was released in 1990, but checking Computer Gaming World's issues from that era, it seems that most games (rpgs at least) started at 30 bucks and easily went beyond that. I wonder how many computer games actually costed 20 bucks those days.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Fuck's sakes, man! That's roughly 300 posts per month on average! You fucking live here! At the very least, Evil Chris up there might be getting paid to be in this dump (also can't move from his chair). You have no excuse. The least of your worries is my join date. Get out and get some fresh air, dude. Fucking hell, man. Evil Chris is not a good role model, my friend.

:patriot:​
Guarantee I'm in better shape than your ass.

I'll wait a couple of weeks to let Metro decide how much he loves the game, and if he does, I'll just replay F:NV instead.
You always have your PS4 to entertain you.

After 11 years, not really. It's pretty fucking boring to be honest.
Told you plenty of times you need some kind of test/admission requirement for Codex. Look at all the 2015 newfag shitposters who primarily do nothing but measure their dicks to see who can bash mediocre games the most.

Epsilon

Cipher
Again, Secret of Monkey Island was released in 1990, but checking Computer Gaming World's issues from that era, it seems that most games (rpgs at least) started at 30 bucks and easily went beyond that. I wonder how many computer games actually costed 20 bucks those days.
This is true, but it was kinda tongue in cheek in Monkey Island. And rather exaggerate than having your message be dull. But yeah, one shouldn't pay more for a game than one can afford, I think is the essential part of it.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I think the best thing about Fallout 4 is the space requirement since it will be easy to pirate.

lurker3000

Arcane
Read the first post and skipped the next 10 pages but....

Why anyone would buy this before its $10 for the collectors edition + all DLC in two years is beyond me. And even then it better have a pretty rocking reputation with a healthy mod scene.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Read the first post and skipped the next 10 pages but....

Why anyone would buy this before its $10 for the collectors edition + all DLC in two years is beyond me. And even then it better have a pretty rocking reputation with a healthy mod scene.
That's pretty much what I said.

Yes I will buy it. The GotY OMG Deluxxe Komplete Kollektion. For 80% off.

Monocause

Arcane
I will probably buy it some time after the release, once it gets patched and preferably when it's cheaper on a steam sale. I will, however, be fully braced for some of the derpiness that runs within the dev team, that i think this thing I've made during the Mothership Zeta times encapsulates perfectly.

CSIcopy.jpg

pippin

The dialogue wheel makes more sense now, Todd really wants Fallout to be Mass Effect.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Standard computer games had always cost, from the early 1980's, either $49, $59, or $69. Anything more than that was a collector's or limited edition of some sort, and anything less was bargain bin trash.

Beowulf

Arcane
That's pretty much what I said.

Yes I will buy it. The GotY OMG Deluxxe Komplete Kollektion. For 80% off.

I bought F:NV (which is supposedly the better nu-fallout) like that more than a year ago. Still even haven't installed it.
I will give F4 (F4out ?) the same privilege of cluttering my steam library when the stellar reviews will come and the best mods will land in the bargain-bin of some Hanukkah sale :D

Fargus

Arcane
Never. OP is a LBGT untermenschen.

I have already bought AoD and also waiting for Wasteland 2: Directors Cut to come out. Shadowrun: Hong Kong is collecting digital dust in my steam library. Might as well complete Fallout of Nevada. So october and november will be pretty good :cool:

If paid mods become a thing again, I won't ever bother pirating it.

Doubt they'll try it again any time soon. Mods are a large part of modern TES and FO games staying in the limelight as long as they do. Within a couple days of paid mods becoming a thing the whole modding community descended into multiple groups of gibbering apes throwing feces at each other. Valve silently packed up their stuff, waved a goodbye to Zenimax and then got the fuck out as quickly as they could.

Mech

Cipher
Paid mods are fine if they are of high quality and adequate content for the price. Some mods are basically full time jobs because of how complex they are, and it is fair that if the author(s) feel they can sell it, they should be able to. The problem is that people are retards and simply steal everyone's work and try to sell it, or try selling complete shit. For the 1 mod out of 10,000 that is worthy to be sold, it is simply too much of a headache to deal with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom