Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
if nothing else you'd feel too left out in all the epic bashing threads to come

Turjan

Arcane
Like all Bethesda games after Oblivion, I will buy it a long time after release for the discount I feel appropriate.

catfood

AGAIN
Nope, not gonna touch it with a 10 foot pole. The Fallout 3 copy that I have came for free from a gaming mag and yet I still felt ripped off. Uninstalled the game after 5 hours.

I didn't physically remove Oblivion from an inventory way back when it was released when I was suckered into believing that the game was going to be Morrowind but better.

Skyrim I didn't even pirate.

Does not mean that I won't bitch about the game.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Of course I'll buy it. The full version (GOTY/Deluxe/Komplete Kollektion) for $10 at the appropriate Steam sale. Just like I did with New Vegas.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Nah, I really hope that some of my youtube subscribers will gift it to me to review. This stuff is expensive and it's gonna hit our promotion budget hard.

Sjukob

Arcane
Everyone here knows it's going to be shit , yet a lot of people would play it .

Concerning myself . If I need to increase my messages count I have D:OS 2 hype topic . And I certainly wouldn't feel lonely for not participating in debates on why Bethesda fucked up again .
And if I want to play a shooter there is Overwatch coming out . So no , I don't want to get involved if Fallout 4 shit .

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll probably buy it when the GOTY edition is on sale real cheap. Then I'll play it for 10 hours and never touch it again, as one shall do with every single bethesda game by god's command.

Shammy

Learned
Either I buy it shortly after launch, or I buy GOTY edition on a sale. Fallout 3 was such a horror show in terms of narrative that I'm afraid to make the same mistake again.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will wait for some review in a prestigious magazine and decide after that.
I never lose hope that dumbfucks can learn some lessons so maybe this time it will
be gud
be passable

not suck too much for a soulless hiking sim. And maybe one day they will hire someone who actually has a story to tell and knows how to do it ... maybe even as a writer, crazier things happened.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm currently not interested in the game, but I foresee that on release...
  • my Steam friend list is going to explode with Fallout 4 everywhere
  • the Shoutbox is going to discuss Fallout 4 24/7
  • threads from the Bethesda sub-forum will constantly feature on the main forum page since people won't stop pointing out what's actually good, make fun of all the bugs, shame Bethesda fans from other forums and rage over how Bethesda ruins Fallout
So I'll probably be unable to resist trying out the demo.

Say what you want about Todd, he knows how to get people talking about his games. When he starts up that hype machine, it just works.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
I never played "Fallout" 3 and I'm not going to play "Fallout" 4 either.

Also, you are not Peter.

Shammy

Learned
Say what you want about Todd, he knows how to get people talking about his games. When he starts up that hype machine, it just works.
He does indeed. If only the hype translated into a solidly written game. :(

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
NJMzawan

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom