Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

Will you buy skyrim when it comes out?

• Yeah, I do like their games for what they are.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, fuck Pete and Todd!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, I'm waiting for Dragon Age 3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FUCK YOU SONY! PSN IS DOWN! (kc)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It ain't working on me, Drog. Ease off the shark jumping a little bit, let the subtlety flow.

It's almost like conducting an orchestra, I think. Fascinating, no?

:hmmm:

Jigawatt

Arcane
Melissan said:
Crispy said:
I'm surprised THE BUMFACE is getting trolled so hard, of all people. I admit, I'm starting to buy into the Melissan personality as being real a little myself, but dude.

You're going to have to make a new comic about yourself now, bro.
A woman can't be nothing but a troll. If a woman is trying to voice an opinion, to be heard, to be accepted as an equal, she is trolling hard. No double standards here at all.

So much for your words of encouragmemnt, Crispy. I really thought you were a friend, as much as anyone can be a friend to someone in this place, but you'd rather be in the safety of the majority, laughing at someone, than to stand by someone who's being constantly bullied.

I didn't come here to troll. I came here to talk about games after being banned from the Bioware forums for having the courage to voice an opinion. Maybe I should just leave.

I truly hope you're an alt. I can't imagine the level of stupid required to make this post in earnest :salute:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Crispy said:
I'm surprised THE BUMFACE is getting trolled so hard, of all people. I admit, I'm starting to buy into the Melissan personality as being real a little myself, but dude.

I'm at a pretty fragile point at the moment - exam leave coming to crunch time, yearly bout of crippling depression reaching its peak - so a couple of comments managed to hit home and, I'll admit, had a fair effect on me - it's clear that that's why they came, that she decided I was a weak target and a good opportunity to attempt to break someone. But I sat back, had a beer, gathered my sense of perspective and shared the thread with my girlfriend, who laughed and told me to stop encouraging crazy people and that it was okay for me to like her. All is well again.

But the next time we go out together, I unthinkingly compliment her about something and we discuss our plans for forming a law partnership in the future, will that little voice in the back of my head pipe up? Will that little voice say to me... "how dare you? What gives you the right to associate your man-o-centric maleocracy rules with the complexities of the female mind?" Fortunately, my newfound philosophy of fighting hate with love will kick in, the little voice of the crazy internet person will be drowned out and I will continue being nice to people I like.

DraQ

Arcane
Melissan said:
I didn't judge. I took what you said about me and applied it to you to see how YOU would like it.
I'm pretty secure about my mental faculties, thanks.

You, however seem to only be capable of complaining about persecution, that's doesn't bode well for your braininess if you are limited to repeating single (and ineffective) action.

How about you try to stuff your complaints - it's only relevant that you're persecuted if you'd fare better if you weren't, after all - and try showing us that you're capable of anything other than complaining that you're persecuted and that Daggerfall looks doubleplusunpretty?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Melissan said:
Crispy said:

A woman can't be nothing but a troll. If a woman is trying to voice an opinion, to be heard, to be accepted as an equal, she is trolling hard. No double standards here at all.

So much for your words of encouragmemnt, Crispy. I really thought you were a friend, as much as anyone can be a friend to someone in this place, but you'd rather be in the safety of the majority, laughing at someone, than to stand by someone who's being constantly bullied.

I didn't come here to troll. I came here to talk about games after being banned from the Bioware forums for having the courage to voice an opinion. Maybe I should just leave.

We're not making fun of you because you're a woman. We're doing it because of your attitude and behaviour here. BAWW YOU ONLY DISRESPECT MY OPINION BECAUSE I WAS BORN A FEMALE BAWW isn't going to earn you any respect here, and probably not elsewhere either.

Hey, look at Black Cat, she's a girl too and most people here respect her opinions and she has a pretty good taste in dungeon crawlers. Also she doesn't go all YOU JUST RIDICULE ME BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A DICK whenever someone disagrees with her/insults her.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
My topics always seem to be a giant magnet for trolls. Coincidence?

Data4

Arcane
I skipped this thread until now since I really don't give a shit about Skyrim. I have done myself a disservice. This thread... it's... it's beautiful. :shedtear: No, really. I love you guys!

Multi-headed Cow

Data4 said:
I skipped this thread until now since I really don't give a shit about Skyrim. I have done myself a disservice. This thread... it's... it's beautiful. :shedtear: No, really. I love you guys!
MISOGYNIST :x

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Y U TROLL TROLLS

http://instantbutton.me/buttons/fus_ro_ ... 01225.html

Funniest thing about this shit thread.

Women should not play computer games at all. Fucking scum.
waBDf.jpg

Raapys

Arcane
I'd go for 40 kilos, but yeah, she might not have been half-bad after going through one of those 'complete makeovers'.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
To venture on dangerus and trecherus Codexian ground without stealth reckon for atleast few weaks is either stupid or brave... for a woman atleast. :lol:

Sorry I coudnot resist reading all those feminazi buthurt, Melissan you're living justification for Shariat law. :M
Codex is :incline: lately, Carry on gents, comrades and trannies. :salute:

Melissan

Educated
Admiral jimbob said:
I'm at a pretty fragile point at the moment - exam leave coming to crunch time, yearly bout of crippling depression reaching its peak - so a couple of comments managed to hit home...
They hit home because deep down inside you always knew that you are a chauvinist pig and despised yourself for it.

Hmm.... Could it be that when you were lashing at me you were actually lashing at yourself? Oh well, let's leave the past where it belongs. I forgive you, Admiral. Rise. You are a pig no longer.

... she decided I was a weak target and a good opportunity to attempt to break someone.
Your girlfriend sounds like quite a catch.

But I sat back, had a beer, gathered my sense of perspective and shared the thread with my girlfriend, who laughed ...
She laughed at you. God, you men are so pathetic.

But the next time we go out together, I unthinkingly compliment her...
Do you do that often? Doing something unthinkingly? Not a healthy habit, Jim.

... about something and we discuss our plans for forming a law partnership in the future, will that little voice in the back of my head pipe up? Will that little voice say to me... "how dare you? What gives you the right to associate your man-o-centric maleocracy rules with the complexities of the female mind?"
So you did learning something after all? Good boy. And they say that man isn't a learning animal...

Fortunately, my newfound philosophy of fighting hate with love will kick in, the little voice of the crazy internet person will be drowned out and I will continue being nice to people I like.

:thumbsup:

Edit: I think I need a new avatar...

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
While having drifted far from the rims of the sky, this thread nevertheless offers an interesting insight on some members real stats & skills. :D

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
This_thread

{
Melisan makes reasonable argument as to why Oblivion isnt a piece of shit

codex translates argument as "doya doya doya".

Then in the same thread where black says

Shut the hell up, fat bitch. Make yourself useful and go make so sandwiches and do the laundry. It's not like you're good for anything else.
If I could reach through my monitor, wrench your jaws open with my bare hands, then force a gallon of bleach down your fucking ignorant throat, I would :)

JarlFrank chimes

JarlFrank said:
We're not making fun of you because you're a woman. We're doing it because of your attitude and behaviour here. BAWW YOU ONLY DISRESPECT MY OPINION BECAUSE I WAS BORN A FEMALE BAWW isn't going to earn you any respect here, and probably not elsewhere either.

Hey, look at Black Cat, she's a girl too and most people here respect her opinions and she has a pretty good taste in dungeon crawlers. Also she doesn't go all YOU JUST RIDICULE ME BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A DICK whenever someone disagrees with her/insults her.

Half this thread is about gender. Thats what makes it so damn entertaining but call it for what it is. I have heard far dumber arguments as to why Oblivion doesnt suck. Its not like Meli is exposing the wonders of level scaling and being able to ace every guild.

I do have one bone to pick against Meli

Melissan said:
Being a woman in a society dominated by males is no different than being black in a society dominated by whites. What white person can claim to understand what a black person must go through in order to get a fair treatment? We're told that there is no discrimination, that all races and genders are equal, but only if you're a white male, which judging by your posts you clearly are. So don't talk to ME about entitlement, you spoiled brat.

I have faced far more tangible description and hardship because I'm a man than I have because I'm black. Times have changed.

Raapys

Arcane
Imagine being a black woman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom