Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

Will you buy skyrim when it comes out?

• Yeah, I do like their games for what they are.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, fuck Pete and Todd!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, I'm waiting for Dragon Age 3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FUCK YOU SONY! PSN IS DOWN! (kc)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
What in god's name. She actually does think that the only way to equality is for all men to have no opinions ever, and preferably just kill themselves. If you think your girlfriend is clever or respect her in any way, you are a chauvanist pig. I'm done, there is no way to reason with this person. It's got to be a drog, even the most militant anti-male feminists I know don't spew this level of hateful misandry.

Raapys

Arcane
Melissan said:
When you judge someone you place yourself above them. What's so difficult to understand?
Aren't you judging us right now? Are you then placing yourself above us?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Raapys said:
Melissan said:
When you judge someone you place yourself above them. What's so difficult to understand?

She's allowed to do that! The only way to true equality is for all men to shut up, never question any woman's opinion, beg forgiveness for everything they do, allow the mighty females to walk all over them and commit ritual suicide if a womyn demands. :salute:

Imbecile

Arbiter
Gah, this is painful. Melissan, I think youve backed yourself into a corner a little here, and theres not really an easy way out. I agree that a lot of daft shift is spouted about Bethesda, but playing the sexist card (here at least) was a mistake, especially your last comment. Are you saying a guy should never compliment his girlfriend. Is that always patronising?

I genuinely dont think your opinion was undermined because you have girl bits. Your opinion was undermined because thats what happens here. A lot. And mostly its not discriminatory, its just because the Codex are by and large, argumentative, angry fucktards. And now you're one of 'em :P

I'd let this one alone for a bit.

:salute:

Melissan

Educated
Gondolin said:
Read my signature again, this time without prejudice and maybe you'll understand.

Shannon Lucid doesn't sound like a person who spent her time whining. Just sayin'.
I'm not whining either. I'm fighting for my right to have an opinion.

Admiral jimbob said:
What in god's name. She actually does think that the only way to equality is for all men to have no opinions ever, and preferably just kill themselves. If you think your girlfriend is clever, you are a chauvanist pig. I'm done, there is no way to reason with this person.
You ARE a chauvinist pig. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

Raapys said:
Melissan said:
Unlike you I'm not judging anyone here.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Melissan said:
You ARE a chauvinist pig. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

Unlike you I'm not judging anyone here.

Just how do you reconcile these two statements?

Congratulations on showing your true colours as the most hateful misandrist I've seen in a while, though. :salute:

Melissan

Educated
There is a difference between judging someone and calling things what they are.

Melissan

Educated
Many people were mean to me but only Admiral jimbob brought up my gender in every post he made. I give the other people the benefits of the doubt because that's the way I was brought up, but jimbob is clearly a chauvinist and is proud of it.

Gondolin

Arcane
Melissan said:
I'm not whining either. I'm fighting for my right to have an opinion.

That's a pretty stupid thing to say. You have the right to an opinion and to express it and nobody is trying to take it away. On the other hand, we don't have to respect your opinion, nor to pay attention to it. That's how it works for everybody.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Melissan said:
Many people were mean to me but only Admiral jimbob brought up my gender in every post he made. I give the other people the benefits of the doubt because that's the way I was brought up, but jimbob is clearly a chauvinist and is proud of it.

Not strictly true. His first five posts in this thread didnt mention gender, then after this:

Melissan said:
... but if admiting that you're wrong is too much for your male ego, then don't.

He got defensive/offensive, cant say I blame him exactly. Though now might be a good time to reveal that admiral jimbob is, in fact, a girl! :o

I lie.

Edit: Yeah, okay. Jimbobs quote about the vile male sins came first. Back to the sidelines for me.

Melissan

Educated
Look:

I asked him to apologize when he attacked me for saying that Skyrim looks good which it does and he repled with:

"I don't feel particularly inclined to be nice after trying to and having it thrown back in my face, so no, I'm afraid I will not follow you around grovelling and apologising for my vile male sins."

Was there any talk about gender before? No!

I explained that it was a light hearted statement, he replied with:

"How can I admit I am wrong when we are all evil men being evil and oppressing you just because you are a woman??? God I wish all men would just kill themselves why do you hate me because I am a woman"

I tried to explained about Skyrim and even asked him not to make fun of me anymore saying nothing about my gender. He replied with:

"Nobody worth paying attention to's getting at you for being female, you can stop mentioning it."

I DIDN"T!!!

I still tried to explain what I meant about Skyrim: "We were talking about how the game looks. You complained about the bloom and said that the witcher 2 is better where it's clear to everyone that the witcher 2 has a lot more bloom, just look at the screens in the preview. What would it take for you to admit that you were wrong, Bob?"

Does it say anything about my gender? No!

His reply:

"What's wrong, Melissan? Why are you obsessed with this idea that I know I'm wrong but my evil patriarchal inferior male ego refuses to admit it? Is it because you cannot accept that anyone truly holds opinions different to yours?"

So, no, I'm not judging him. He is what he is.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know many women whom I judge to be intelligent and beautiful.

I guess that makes me a horribly sexist bastard because holy shit how can I judge them this is so unjust I should just shut the fuck up and stop thinking about them because any judgement I make means I place myself above them even if I genuinely mean what I say. I MEAN ITS SO HORRIBLY SEXIST TO HAVE OPINIONS ABOUT WOMEN!

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Mine isn't the first opinion that's been dismissed because it came from a woman.

I only started trolling you after this post. At first, I was merely making those "light hearted statements" you're so fond of, but yeah, that was when you followed it up with screaming about my male ego. Call me what you like, because frankly you're just making yourself look ridiculous and, believe it or not, I have no ego or self-esteem to bruise.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey can we go back to talking about how much TES 4 & 5 sucks, that was much more entertaining. I mean I come here to read why rpg sucks and not for internet drama.

Raapys

Arcane
So Melissan was the first one to bring up gender? *the plot thickens*

Raapys

Arcane
Mighty Mouse said:
Hey can we go back to talking about how much TES 4 & 5 sucks, that was much more entertaining. I mean I come here to read why rpg sucks and not for internet drama.
Don't judge the game until you play it! SEVEN TIMES

Imbecile

Arbiter
Why seven? Thats nowhere near enough to form a proper opinion. In fact playing the game isnt enough either - you need to have actually designed or produced the game to be able to form a valid opinion about it.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
If someone likes good CRPGs he/she/it welcomed here with open arms. Just find thread where you can produce something other than "HERP DERP" and suck it down when some haters gonna hate. Codex pretty intricate place with it's ever shifting alliances and dramas and you fall in it like brick in the swamp. Swim, goddamit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom