Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Action RPG Mars: War Logs Released

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
GoT is RTwP, except slowdown instead of pause. And a limited variety of enemies.

Multi-headed Cow

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

(moments away from buying this. watched that video you linked, talked to a bro playing, listened to my erection. all signs point toward buying videogame)
Mildly disappointed it's using Twitcher combat instead of Game of Thrones combat but I'll live.

Same here.
How's GoT combat btw? How does it differ from the Bitcher?
Small party real time with pause (Technically slow down and not pause, but paused enough), more akin to KotOR or something.

Aaaaand just bought Mars. Looking forward to it!
(might not have bought it even as cool as it looks if i hadn't been given some cash for my birthday since nobody knows what the fuck i would like. i apparently like weird rpgs that come out of nowhere and feature tasteful rape)

Unwanted

Chet Manly

Unwanted
Word of warning: if you are fat, retarded, or a fat retard, you may find the first chapter of the game offensive and insulting.

Kitako

Arcane
Are these the same people that made of Orcs and Men? I totally hated that game (even if I loved the GoT one)

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Are these the same people that made of Orcs and Men? I totally hated that game (even if I loved the GoT one)
Of Orcs & Men was from a Cyanide-Spiders Game collaboration.
Mars Warlog is only from Spiders Game.And this is the first chapter, the game is volontary in several part like Winter Voices, that's the plan

Multi-headed Cow

Mars Warlog is only from Spiders Game.And this is the first chapter, the game is volontary in several part like Winter Voices, that's the plan
Wait, what? What about the interview?

You’re calling “Mars: War Logs” a short story, what does that mean? Is that a comment on the length of the game or that it’s part of a much larger story?
When creating an RPG you can start with the idea of making a trilogy, or like the baldur's Gate series, a 100 hour game. We knew we didn't had the funds and means to do so, and we're not found of DLC adding some story part after part... So we tried to create a complete story, but a shorter one. The main quest is about 15 hours of gameplay, there are a lot of side quests and a big part of the game can be played again as the choice you'll have to make at the end of chapter 2 will completely modify the story. That's why we call it a short story, designed for downloadable platforms.

Edit: Though not to say I wouldn't enjoy more of this, 'cause I am digging it.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
It seems that Spider Games, the devs, are preparing a new english voiced version

Don't know if it will be better, neither when it will be available and how, but I guess this new version will be the consoles one (awaited for September).It will also work for the PC version
It's pretty rare a studio remake the "voices" after the relaese of its project.A nice attempt

source from their facebook profile
https://www.facebook.com/MarsWarLogs?ref=stream&hc_location=stream
We are pleased to share with you a video showing the first 7 minutes of the game, featuring the new localization and the new English voices present in all versions of the game. Mars War Logs is currently available on PC and will be today's Daily Deal on Steam, at 33% off.

The game is scheduled for release on Xbox LIVE® and the PlayStation®Network in September 2013.

edit: some say the new version is ready via an update and is also better.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Took all of two months for this thing to be the equivalent of $2 in an Amazon indie bundle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom