Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

about ME1

Coyote

Arcane
Pretty much what Serious_Business said.

Since the OP specifically mentioned writing: I also think that although the plot is worse in ME2, the overall writing is a bit better. In ME1, it felt like the writers were trying too hard, whereas in 2 they seemed more comfortable with the universe/characters, and dialogues were less stilted and flowed more naturally. Don't go in expecting drastic improvements, though.

ChristofferC

Magister
I couldn't stand ME2 for more than a couple of hours. The biggest reason was that the combat is much more unbearable in this one than in ME1. In ME1 you could run around without dying in 2 seconds. In ME2, you pretty much have to use cover all the time. The combat literally felt like one of those arcade on rails shooters. Only difference is you can't die as easily in ME2 because of regenerating health. Additionally, the story in the beginning of ME2 was even more herpy derpy than in ME1. The "rebirth" in the beginning of the game felt very cheap and threw me off. Other nitpicks are that you are restricted from accessing all areas of the spaceship you comand and that the citadel is a joke. The only planet I visited before I stopped playing didn't feel at all like a planet but like a level in a shooter. There is not even the illusion of a world in ME2. The Mako gameplay sucked in ME1, but at least it made the planets feel more like planets. Planet mining can be skipped by cheating so I wont complain about that.

tldr: The on-rails popamole combat, the constantface palming because of the story and the lack of illusion of a world completely threw me off in the first coupe of hours of playing.

torpid

Liturgist
Serious_Business said:
Seems as if most people who bother to voice an articulate opinion of Mass Turd state that ME2 is the superior game, but there is a silent majority that believes otherwise (there was a pool some time ago), which totally baffles me. I know there's a lot of autists on codex, but I didn't know it was that much. Some judge games (and most life experiences probably) so abstractly that what matters about them is their design concepts, not how the game plays. On paper, ME1 is indeed the superior game, because it has more going on. But when you actually play the damn fucking thing, it's so clumsy ; ME2 on the other hand is a pretty decent action game (Vanguard gameplay is great fun) - so I have no idea how you can think that the first game is superior, other than a severe case of autism. Oh, more stats! Superior game! I'm so smart, I refuse to play game without stats! Check me out guys, I'm building my identity on the games I'm playing! Teenage shit. It's just that bad, negroids. I'm willing to accept the worst of the situation, however

Dude you're pretty cool but sometimes you need to stop trying too hard with the cheap psychoanalyzing (hell, you were responding to Sceptic, who likes ME1 more, but who's also big on FPS -- which all about the twitch -- so the idea that he's some autistic stat whore is fairly retarded). This isn't so much about "herp derp stats"; the main issue with ME2 is the popamole: some Codexers don't mind it, others strongly dislike it. ME2 has better writing, in the sense that it tries to be snappy and funny while ME1's writing is utterly boring, but when it comes to combat, bland third-person action beats sticky cover shooting every time.

ChristofferC said:
Additionally, the story in the beginning of ME2 was even more herpy derpy than in ME1. The "rebirth" in the beginning of the game felt very cheap and threw me off.

Also this. The writing in ME2 is better, but the actual story is terrible.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
You really thought ME1 was bad writing? I mean there were several points that were just kind of silly (the worst being the final boss fight when you convince him to shoot himself, he just goes "oh ok yeah i should probably shoot myself bye" but overall for both of the games they have done a good job.

The biggest reason was that the combat is much more unbearable in this one than in ME1.
You kidding? Combat in ME1 sucked.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Are there really gradients of "sitting behind a box and popping heads"?

Because I don't understand how a combat in ME1 and ME2 could be different when they are identical.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
ChristofferC said:
Other nitpicks are that you are restricted from accessing all areas of the spaceship you comand and that the citadel is a joke. The only planet I visited before I stopped playing didn't feel at all like a planet but like a level in a shooter. There is not even the illusion of a world in ME2. The Mako gameplay sucked in ME1, but at least it made the planets feel more like planets. Planet mining can be skipped by cheating so I wont complain about that.

Never played 2 but the planets and locations in ME1 didn't feel like planets at all -- I'd use the same words in criticizing the ones in 1 that you use for 2. Just feels like you're running around generic looking corridors.

Coyote

Arcane
In retrospect, I actually agree with torpid somewhat. I was mostly seconding the sentiment that

On paper, ME1 is indeed the superior game, because it has more going on. But when you actually play the damn fucking thing, it's so clumsy ; ME2 on the other hand is a pretty decent action game

circ said:
You thought Jack's lines were natural?

Did I say that?

SHEPHERDDS A HERO A BLOODY ICON

DON'T FUCK WITH ARIA

ARGH! RARH! ARGH!

SECRETS ARE LIKE HERPES. IF YOU GOT 'EM, MIGHT AS WELL SPREAD 'EM AROUND.

Anyway, like I said, it was only a small improvement. In ME, I frequently found myself cringing at the dialogue (mostly the attempts to be "badass" along the lines of your Aria quote). ME2 had just as many over-the-top lines, but they seemed more self-aware about it and less averse to poking fun at themselves, which made it more tolerable IMO.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
torpid said:
ChristofferC said:
Additionally, the story in the beginning of ME2 was even more herpy derpy than in ME1. The "rebirth" in the beginning of the game felt very cheap and threw me off.
I have to admit, I'm slowly coming around to the idea of censoring people. Starting with retards that think ME1's story is better than ME2's story.

ME1: pretentious sci-fi garbage (go here, here, here and then here)
ME2: simple action movie schlock (recruit a badass special ops team and kick evil alien butt)

torpid

Liturgist
Andyman Messiah said:
torpid said:
ChristofferC said:
I have to admit, I'm slowly coming around to the idea of censoring people. Starting with retards that think ME1's story is better than ME2's story.

ME1: pretentious sci-fi garbage (go here, here, here and then here)
ME2: simple action movie schlock (recruit a badass special ops team and kick evil alien butt)

I never said ME1's story was good, but nothing in the first game is as bad as the beginning of ME2. Your ship gets destroyed, you die, but then you get resurrected! Except now you're on the other team! Your ship is rebuilt and you still have some of your old crew, so really it's like nothing happened. Not only that, but wouldn't you know it, on your first missions you happen to meet ex-crew members, because the galaxy is such a tiny place.

I've never seen or read anything where the protagonist losing everything is rendered meaningless and loses all emotional impact so fast. Let's have Shepard drift off into space and throw in a solemn piano note on top to make sure you understand how terrible this is, and then boom! You're alive again, and the game's entire intro section is constantly reassuring you that everything is the same. You, your ship, and that good ol' Joker oh isn't he so droll. Bioware just got lazy and instead of finding a credible way in which Shepard joins forces with Cerberus they thought up that whole rebirth thing. They had two conflicting goals: creating a quick, momentous event that would allow you to switch sides, while keeping most everything about Shepard & co. the same. So it ends up being a horrible mess.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Andyman Messiah said:
Well what can I say, I find generic mediocre space opera slightly less facepalm inducing than GIANT TERMINATOR IN SPACE! and THE COLLECTORS ARE PROTHEANS! and fucking SHEPARD DIES IN A CUTSCENE BUT GETS BROUGHT BACK AND HAS ANOTHER NORMANDY! ME2's story is one insane stupid event after the other. You think ME1 was pretentious? yeah all ME2's grimdarkness wasn't?

Serious_Business said:
I know there's a lot of autists on codex, but I didn't know it was that much. Some judge games (and most life experiences probably) so abstractly that what matters about them is their design concepts, not how the game plays. On paper, ME2 is indeed the superior game, because it improves on ME1's flaws. But when you actually play the damn fucking thing, it's so clumsy ; ME1 on the other hand is a pretty standard action game - so I have no idea how you can think that the second game is superior, other than a severe case of autism. Oh, more cover! Superior game! I'm so smart, I refuse to play game without cover! Check me out guys, I'm building my identity on the games I'm playing! Teenage shit. It's just that bad, negroids.
Hey look, I can do this too.

Coyote said:
Since the OP specifically mentioned writing: I also think that although the plot is worse in ME2, the overall writing is a bit better.
This, which makes me wonder why you agreed with SB, but whatever.

Also, ME1's writing is much more consistently mediocre. ME2's might be on average a little better, but it also goes to both extremes much more than ME1's. When ME2's is good, it's really surprisingly good (see Mordin's loyalty mission or Legion). When it's bad, however, it's really, really, REALLY shitty (see Jack, Grunt, Jacob's loyalty, the entire MQ, Aria, Lair, Arrival). Sorry folks, but when a game has so much writing that makes me fall off my chair, it ain't getting praised for good writing, even if some of the writing is good.

ChristofferC said:
In ME1 you could run around without dying in 2 seconds. In ME2, you pretty much have to use cover all the time.
Also this. I'm sorry ME2 lovers, but "writing is a bit better" isn't enough to compensate for 30+ hours of the most boring cover shooting imaginable.

torpid said:
(hell, you were responding to Sceptic, who likes ME1 more, but who's also big on FPS -- which all about the twitch -- so the idea that he's some autistic stat whore is fairly retarded)
Thank you, and incidentally that is the reason I find ME1 more tolerable - it's playable like a regular shooter. I never went a single time into cover in ME1 on Normal - worst case was just moving behind something, like in a typical FPS. Now try playing ME2 like that.

I'm usually for a game that tries but fails than for one that is just consistently mediocre. Unfortunately for ME2 it just doesn't try enough, and it ruins whatever it tries to do (like the writing).

MetalCraze said:
Because I don't understand how a combat in ME1 and ME2 could be different when they are identical.
Hey look, skyway commenting on games he hasn't played. Shocker.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I actually played both. I've heard ME2 is a massive improvement over the first one from the retards so I gave it a try.

It's absolutely the same game only with much less unlockables.

You still sit behind the box or a wall and bullets refuse to penetrate them - while popping heads.
I mean in this day and age 7.62 has no trouble penetrating 2 brick walls in a row - why did they go for a much shittier ammunition in the far future that can't even penetrate wood?

No wonder armour in the upcoming ME3 looks like something from medieval fantasy - with such a high-quality weaponry what else do you need?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
MetalCraze said:
I've heard ME2 is a massive improvement over the first one from the retards so I gave it a try.
Next time listen to us non-retards who said it wasn't ;)

You still sit behind the box or a wall and bullets refuse to penetrate them - while popping heads.
That's not how ME1 plays, though I guess you could play it as a pure cover shooter... no idea why you'd do that though, as it's not required and is less efficient and more boring than just run and gun. I won't comment on the rest of your post, as the whole invincible-in-cover thing is pretty stupid, but really, the realism aspect of it is the least of sticky cover's problems.

torpid said:
I never said ME1's story was good, but nothing in the first game is as bad as the beginning of ME2. Your ship gets destroyed, you die, but then you get resurrected! Except now you're on the other team! Your ship is rebuilt and you still have some of your old crew, so really it's like nothing happened. Not only that, but wouldn't you know it, on your first missions you happen to meet ex-crew members, because the galaxy is such a tiny place.
Thanks for saying it better than I did :salute:

The big difference in combat between 1 & 2 is that the cover system isn't as badly broken in 2. That's it. The AI is still stupid as fuck, you just don't notice as much because it spends most of the time in cover doing the popamole.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
The differences in combat between 1 & 2 is

1: The cover system works in ME2 and is necessary.
(Also, fuck you Skylar Waylans Brother for pissing on cover systems. What, you never sidestepped behind a wall or a pillar or some shit in Duke Nukem? Fuck you. Same thing.)
2: You have a wider array of options in dealing with enemies in ME2.
3: BETTER CONTROL OVER YOUR SQUAD.

But enough combat.

(I can't believe I wrote this shit.) :retarded:

Mass Effect 2 is a better game because

1: ME2 doesn't waste my time. Half of ME1 is spent running and driving all over the galaxy, and it is the most tedious shit I've ever experienced in a video game ever. Normally I'm okay with traveling but since ME1 is neither interesting nor atmospheric (and doesn't have radio stations a'la GTA) what we have is just a bunch of shiny shit that I have to traverse in order to get to my intended destination. There's no exploration to these little adventures and anyone who thinks otherwise is full of diarrhea. I remember plenty of missions where I was put down in the stupid ass car and in the distance, across a sea of fucking lava and mountains, I immediately see the base I have to go to. It's PADDING! INEXCUSABLE PADDING! It hardly helps that every alien planet looks exactly the same but we'll get to the RECYCLED DUNGEONS later.

But Mass Effect 2? ME2 learned. ME2 fucking evolved. ME2 fucking puts you down exactly where you need to be to start shooting shit. And if there are vehicle missions? Here, have a goddamn shuttle! As in a flying vehicle! And it can jump even higher than that fucking car! Infinitely more useful! Why didn't we have that in the first place?

Also: no elevators. You can walk through an entire city hub without loading once.

2: Recycled dungeons. Every quest, main quests and side quests, in ME2 takes place in a unique area. I cannot put into words how nice it is to see proper level design instead of just "well, this is another mine level so let's put down the basic mine level".

3: One of you said the galaxy is a tiny place in ME2. It actually isn't, what with the 'even more places to go to and shit to do'-thing (and no recycled environments), but I know you meant it as in a goofy "fancy meeting you here!"-way so I'll agree with that. Kinda. I mean, I don't really care if you think it was silly to meet parts of your old squad again. I don't give a shit. Why should they make up new characters?

Also: you do realize that saying Mass Effect 2 is tiny pretty much means Mass Effect 1 is tiny, right? Because that was the game where you were sent off to stop a legendary special ops agent, a geth army and their flying Old God superboss with nothing but six squad members, two of which were optional. You're lucky I think it doesn't matter because I could rip this shit in half. You want to try again, maybe?

4: Commander Shepard's fake death. I can't believe I have to say something about this. Listen up, it's just a way to reboot Shepard and everything else BioWare didn't like. Plus, it shows what a threat these new aliens are (and also what an awesome space jesus Shepard is). As for suddenly working with Cerberus. Shepard can agree or disagree with Martin Sheen all he wants. Point is though, Cerberus is the only group that is capable and most importantly wants to investigate and fight this new threat. Everything is cheap and silly but so what? Seriously, so what?

5: The story. I don't know why ME2 gets so much shit for its story. If you ask me it's exactly what ME1 should have been; a fun, campy space opera, but no, ME1 is just another wild Waterdhavian creature/star map hunt that manages to feel tacked on and unnecessary in the end. You're always several steps behind Saren but you always manage to uncover and defeat the deadly conspiracies before it's too late. I mean, too too late.

Mass Effect 1's story:
1-1. I'm Spectre agent Nihlus. I am going to evaluate your Spectre skills by watching you pick up a package from this peaceful planet.
1-2. Oh crap, this peaceful planet is being invaded!
2-1. Saren is behind it all! We don't believe you, Shepard.
2-2. Listen to this mp3-file! Saren is behind it all! We believe you, Shepard. Also welcome to the Spectres. Go fetch! Arf!
2-3. Shepard, I know you're busy investigating and combating an intergalactic menace, but could you do us a favor and find us some rocks on this planet? Also there's this mercenary gang and this guy and that evil robot and...
3-1. Liara's Dig Site. Do you know anything? No. But I am blue. That'll have to do.
3-2. Feros. Holy balls, there's a geth invasion and a conspiracy involving a shady weapons manufacturer!
3-3. Noveria. Holy balls, there's a geth invasion and a conspiracy involving a shady weapons manufacturer!
4-1. Shepard, one of our special ops team just contacted us. We don't know if it has anything to do with Saren but better safe than sorry.
4-2. I'm a talking spaceship and also your doom!
4-3. I'm sorry, Ashley. Try to be less annoying in your next life.
5-1. Shepard, welcome back. We don't believe you. Clean out your locker.
5-2. Fuck this shit, Captain Awesome Black Man Voiced By Keith David will make sure you can save the world, Shepard!
5-3. I'm blue! And I'm not blue anymore. Tee-hee!
5-4. Ilos, here we come!
6-1. THERE IS NO OTHER LANDING ZONE!! Navigator Presley, R.I.P.
6-2. Flip that switch and then that switch to continue.
6-3. Talk to that hologram to continue.
7-1. Holy balls, that mass relay monument isn't actually a monument at all!
7-2. Oh crap, elevator is out. Space walk! Not really. More geth blasting!
7-3. I'm Saren! You can't stop me or Sovereign! Shoot yourself! Ok.
7-4. More shit to shoot.
8-1. The end.
8-2. What is this shitty music?

To be continued, maybe. I gotta smoke.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Unfortunately ME2's writing is just as inane as ME1.

I don't foresee any improvement there. KOTOR seemed to have slightly better writing than either.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Who gives a shit about writing in the Mass Effect series, FFS. I laugh everytime somebody says ME1 is better than ME2 because of the fucking plot. :lol:

Any sensible person will always pick the most EXTREME dialog options and enjoy headbutting krogans.

torpid

Liturgist
Andyman Messiah said:
The differences in combat between 1 & 2 is

1: The cover system works in ME2 and is necessary.
(Also, fuck you Skylar Waylans Brother for pissing on cover systems. What, you never sidestepped behind a wall or a pillar or some shit in Duke Nukem? Fuck you. Same thing.)

Yes, because mandatory sticky cover is just the same as stepping behind a wall or a pillar in non-popamole shooters :roll: The problem with the modern cover system is that you have to use it or you get mowed down. You never have the option of going in guns blazing, or alternating between strafing in the open and staying in cover -- it's press the cover button, pop, shoot, pop, shoot. Rinse and repeat. Just like Duke Nukem!

Andyman Messiah said:
2: You have a wider array of options in dealing with enemies in ME2.

Which all start from the baseline of "press the cover button, then do the popamole." Just like Duke Nukem.

Andyman Messiah said:
But enough combat.

Yes, why should we emphasize combat in an action game where you spend most of your time in combat? Instead let's just talk about how hilarious Duke is. Then all that's left are the dick jokes, and you get a Duke Nukem game with shitty gameplay and bad humor. Kinda like ME2 in a way.

Andyman Messiah said:
But Mass Effect 2? ME2 learned. ME2 fucking evolved. ME2 fucking puts you down exactly where you need to be to start shooting shit.

And when you start shooting shit, you realize it's horrible popamole cover shooting. Look, it's pretty simple: you're fine with the modern cover system, so for you ME2's superior polish puts it ahead of ME1. For players who don't like the popamole, all those things are accessory and don't change the basic fact that the core of the gameplay is shit. And the levels may be unique, but they're all quite uninspiring -- corridors with convenient cover strewn about. Not much different than the first game's, and now you're forced to use that cover.

Andyman Messiah said:
3: One of you said the galaxy is a tiny place in ME2. It actually isn't, what with the 'even more places to go to and shit to do'-thing (and no recycled environments), but I know you meant it as in a goofy "fancy meeting you here!"-way so I'll agree with that. Kinda. I mean, I don't really care if you think it was silly to meet parts of your old squad again. I don't give a shit. Why should they make up new characters?

4: Commander Shepard's fake death. I can't believe I have to say something about this. Listen up, it's just a way to reboot Shepard and everything else BioWare didn't like. Plus, it shows what a threat these new aliens are (and also what an awesome space jesus Shepard is). As for suddenly working with Cerberus. Shepard can agree or disagree with Martin Sheen all he wants. Point is though, Cerberus is the only group that is capable and most importantly wants to investigate and fight this new threat. Everything is cheap and silly but so what? Seriously, so what?

So what? :lol: This is what you posted earlier:

Andyman Messiah said:

You're the one going out of your way to defend ME2's story, so it's entirely normal for me to point out the opening retardation. Turning around and going "so what, who cares about the story" is a cop out. Don't get on your high horse and act all butthurt about it then.

Andyman Messiah said:
Also: you do realize that saying Mass Effect 2 is tiny pretty much means Mass Effect 1 is tiny, right? Because that was the game where you were sent off to stop a legendary special ops agent, a geth army and their flying Old God superboss with nothing but six squad members, two of which were optional. You're lucky I think it doesn't matter because I could rip this shit in half. You want to try again, maybe?

Having a small team doesn't say "tiny galaxy" like meeting ex-crew members right on your first missions after your resurrection. It just says you're playing the heroes saving the entire galaxy, which is the same as in ME2. Size of your team =/= "well who do I find investigating a human backwater in some far-flung corner of the galaxy some years after my disappearance but the very Quarian that inhabits my wet dreams!"

Andyman Messiah said:
5: The story. I don't know why ME2 gets so much shit for its story. If you ask me it's exactly what ME1 should have been; a fun, campy space opera, but no, ME1 is just another wild Waterdhavian creature/star map hunt that manages to feel tacked on and unnecessary in the end. You're always several steps behind Saren but you always manage to uncover and defeat the deadly conspiracies before it's too late. I mean, too too late.

I never the said the first one's story was good. It wasn't -- but it was nowhere near as bad as ME2's first sequences.

Excidium said:
Who gives a shit about writing in the Mass Effect series, FFS. I laugh everytime somebody says ME1 is better than ME2 because of the fucking plot. :lol:

Any sensible person will always pick the most EXTREME dialog options and enjoy headbutting krogans.

Pretty much everyone in the thread who likes ME1 better than its sequel has said that combat was the main dealbreaker, so I'm not sure who you're responding to. If anything, it's the ME2 lovers who always go on about the sequel's writing. Yes, the writing is sassier, but the story itself is crap.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Who gives a shit about writing in the Mass Effect series, FFS. I laugh everytime somebody says ME1 is better than ME2 because of the fucking plot. lol

A sensible person uninstalls both games after suffering a sudden bout of depression brought on by exposure to the low-functioning autistic infodumps.

Player: "Hey, can you show me where the nearest bathroom is?"
NPC: "It depends. Are you with Nonsense Faction 1, or Nonsense Faction 2?"
Player: (deception) "Nonsense Faction 1." (deception check success)
NPC: "Ah, I believe your words stranger, but Nonsense Faction 1 was destroyed 50 years ago, so the only conclusion I can derive is that you're with Nonsense Faction 2, UBERKNOWNST TO YOURSELF!! But no matter, for the bathroom is actually on the other end of the galaxy! Go to Andromeda Strain, ask for a Generic NPC, he'll answer your question in more detail!"
Player: "I AM GOING TO DEFECATE IN MY SUIT NOW"

Andyman Messiah said:
Mass Effect 1's story:
1-1. I'm Spectre agent Nihlus. I am going to evaluate your Spectre skills by watching you pick up a package from this peaceful planet.
1-2. Oh crap, this peaceful planet is being invaded!
2-1. Saren is behind it all! We don't believe you, Shepard.
2-2. Listen to this mp3-file! Saren is behind it all! We believe you, Shepard. Also welcome to the Spectres. Go fetch! Arf!
2-3. Shepard, I know you're busy investigating and combating an intergalactic menace, but could you do us a favor and find us some rocks on this planet? Also there's this mercenary gang and this guy and that evil robot and...
3-1. Liara's Dig Site. Do you know anything? No. But I am blue. That'll have to do.
3-2. Feros. Holy balls, there's a geth invasion and a conspiracy involving a shady weapons manufacturer!
3-3. Noveria. Holy balls, there's a geth invasion and a conspiracy involving a shady weapons manufacturer!
4-1. Shepard, one of our special ops team just contacted us. We don't know if it has anything to do with Saren but better safe than sorry.
4-2. I'm a talking spaceship and also your doom!
4-3. I'm sorry, Ashley. Try to be less annoying in your next life.
5-1. Shepard, welcome back. We don't believe you. Clean out your locker.
5-2. Fuck this shit, Captain Awesome Black Man Voiced By Keith David will make sure you can save the world, Shepard!
5-3. I'm blue! And I'm not blue anymore. Tee-hee!
5-4. Ilos, here we come!
6-1. THERE IS NO OTHER LANDING ZONE!! Navigator Presley, R.I.P.
6-2. Flip that switch and then that switch to continue.
6-3. Talk to that hologram to continue.
7-1. Holy balls, that mass relay monument isn't actually a monument at all!
7-2. Oh crap, elevator is out. Space walk! Not really. More geth blasting!
7-3. I'm Saren! You can't stop me or Sovereign! Shoot yourself! Ok.
7-4. More shit to shoot.
8-1. The end.
8-2. What is this shitty music?

ME2s story:

I'm dead because Bioware can't find another way to plausibly strip me of my powers and my connections with the decisions I made in ME1.

I'm now alive because of $EvilCrimeSyndicateWithHeartOfGold. I have choice between doing everything $ShadowySinisterFigureNooneKnows says and acting slightly rude to $ShadowySinisterFigureNooneKnows while doing what he says.

Must recruit randomly determined crew members because $1000000000 credits totally couldn't buy me an army stronger than 2 squadmates that do stuff while the other 10 stay on the ship.

Must solve squadmates' daddy issues otherwise they die in final mission.

Bang chicks/dudes sometime before the final mission because this is an ARPEGE.

After pissing around enough, $ShadowySinisterFigureNooneKnows gives us final mission. Derp ensues, but its OK because most of it makes for a really awesome cutscene if you are a drooling retard.

...To Be Continued in ME3!!!!1111

Also, the main difference between ME1 combat and ME2 combat is that ME2 combat makes half your actions useless because they only work on unshielded targets, and ME2 lets you score headshots.

Shit vs Turd, which is better and why?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Overweight Manatee said:
Derp ensues.
How is this different from Mass Effect 1? Oh right, it's not.

Listen, people. All Mass Effect 2 did was to remove the shit that didn't work, which incidentally happened to be over 50% of Mass Effect 1.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The story for Mass Effect is meant to be serious?

BioWare have never stated that. It's a B Movie Sci-Fi opera story.

Andyman Messiah said:
Overweight Manatee said:
Derp ensues.
How is this different from Mass Effect 1? Oh right, it's not.

No one said it was.

Andyman Messiah said:
Listen, people. All Mass Effect 2 did was to remove the shit that didn't work, which incidentally happened to be over 50% of Mass Effect 1.

Then Bioware replaced it with shit that worked just as badly. At least you get to punch people more often, so if thats your benchmark I guess ME2 is the clear winner.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Andyman Messiah said:
Absolutely. But, since removing 50% of ME1 would leave you with no gameplay, they of course had to replace everything they removed with something else. And hey, guess what they replaced it with? Oh right, shit that also doesn't work.
(ninja: OM beat me to this)

shihonage said:
A sensible person uninstalls both games after suffering a sudden bout of depression brought on by exposure to the low-functioning autistic infodumps.
Updated my rpgcodex.txt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom