Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Abandonware is abandoned!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Andyman Messiah said:
Hey, the Codex loves drama.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah. And I still hope somebody to beat bryce&roqua. But I can't think of possible candidates. Nobody just fits, there must be proper combination of pretintiousness, dramaquennizm, retardness etc. End even then you must hit it in right direction with proper catalyst.

HI ALL!!!!!

The beta-build was half-done. There's hardly been any progress on it in the past half a year. Now it turns out team lead has been absent for about 3 months. Today I discovered their forums are down as well. It's over, and from the rather arrogant/snappy behaviour of TG and her devoted arse kissers, we can gather the team was failing at the mod for a long long time and knew it (but didn't say). Now, yeah, they do not owe us anything. :roll: But we do not owe them anything as well. All the outrage on their forums at every person inquiring to the state of the mod made me laugh to tears. Children with lightsabers, not modders, I think. :lol:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
inwoker said:
Yeah. And I still hope somebody to beat bryce&roqua. But I can't think of possible candidates. Nobody just fits, there must be proper combination of pretintiousness, dramaquennizm, retardness etc. End even then you must hit it in right direction with proper catalyst.
I try to hit if off with most everyone. Sadly, they never want to play ball and I'm not one to go around threatening to kill some kids. It's just a very personal thing. Read the Bible.

also: David, quote for the win.

Hory

Erudite
Re: HI ALL!!!!!

David Xachaturian said:
Now, yeah, they do not owe us anything. :roll:
If you disregard the expectations arising from the social contract based on their declarations of commitment, in writing, pertraining to the future of our recreational experience and enjoyment of the product that was the subject of their work, that is.

Thanks, Andy. And Hory, you just made the Architect from Matrix nervous. But yeah, I catch your drift. They shouldn't have set up the site and forums if they are so afraid of questions and critique (even the worthless kind).

Rhett Butler

Scholar
Monocause said:
Just look at today's games, the major dev studios are literally vomiting bugged titles and it works great on the market.

Iron Tower don't have the hype power of major studios. Hype counts for a lot, people will get excited about games just because everyone else is. I'm not immune, I have played games I had no interest in because everyone I knew was talking about them and I wanted to have an opinion. Who here played NWN 2, Mass Effect, Fallout 3 or Oblivion?

The only thing that will sell games for Iron Tower is having a reputation for making good games, and the only way to get that is to release a good first game. It has to be awesome. Come release no one will care how long it took, all they will care about is what it plays like.

And to think I was actually waiting for this mod to be finished before playing KOTOR2 (it's been sitting in its unopened box for almost an year now...)

MetalCraze

Arcane
No it is you who hasn't finished it yet.

Also this is just too hard to bear:
http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic. ... 09&start=0

"it will be released this summer yay! / it will be releaed in 3 months yay!"
And it keeps rolling, despite the project being dead since march and with info that everyone who was working on it left (not just the lead).
I just wonder how KotOR2, having a pretty intelligent story and all, attracted so many dumb kids?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well, since there was that BETA leak why do people still bitch about Team Gizka?

Go ahead, fix it and release it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
skyway said:

And it keeps rolling, despite the project being dead since march and with info that everyone who was working on it left (not just the lead).
I just wonder how KotOR2, having a pretty intelligent story and all, attracted so many dumb kids?
61 pages :shock:

racofer

Thread Incliner
skyway said:

Star Wars fans.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't people predict in the last thread that someone else would finish it within a month of the leak?

Drakron

Arcane
Xor said:
Didn't people predict in the last thread that someone else would finish it within a month of the leak?

Wishful thinking that someone would come to their rescue.

Maybe that someone is just waiting for TG to actually admit they've stopped working? So the vehement TG fans won't hate spam them with accusations of plagiate and theft?

-Pavlos-

Novice
skyway said:
oldschool said:
What's with the Gizka hate?
The link above to the topic on their forum answers the question. Project had no progress since march 2008 yet they still swear that they are doing something and act like attention whores they are. The guy who has ftp keys wasn't in contact with them for 3 months.

To be fair, that's not exactly true.

Also, I may be boring everyone to tears here, but dissecting this stagnating little community proved far too interesting. "What's with the Gizka hate?" - someone asked. Well, the thing is, TG isn't actually responcible for this attitude they are getting. Hell, they might not even be aware/care about it. The ones that made TG a target are the vehement fans themselves, being so hysteric and defensive about something that shouldn't be defended in the first place. Those folks do more harm then good to TG's image and reception in the internet community. Helpful fools can be worse then bitter enemies.

Pastel

Scholar
I don't really give a fuck about their project, but the reason I think what they're doing is wrong, is that they're not really making their own mod, they're just restoring Obsidian content. It's common sense that if you volunteer for a project, you see it through in reasonable time.

Nobody is complaining about Purgatorio still being in the works, since it's an original project.

MetalCraze

Arcane
-Pavlos- said:
To be fair, that's not exactly true.

of course fixing 1 bug per 3 months with more than 50 of them left surely is a good sign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom