Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 15 Things PC Gamer Wants to See in Mass Effect 3

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I would really like to see a death counter of how many people are dying every day on Earth while you run around solving side quests and romancing your teammates.

tehRPness

Educated
Xor said:
I'm not sure how they could shoehorn the ME metaplot into the Star Wars universe. Also, if it was a SW game, Shepard would be a jedi and I'm kind of sick of that.
Meh. KotOR and ME are basically the same game. Instead of fleeing and later on conquering a sith army, it's a robot army.

Instead of hunt for starmaps, it's artifact beacons.

Both have three (scaled) "chapters" to be taken in any order in the middle of the game, to give the impression that the game is alot bigger and more open than it is.

Both have side quests that have extremely little to no influence on the main plot, seeing as everything is scaled and everyone will be a few levels higher in the endgame.

The party works in the same way.

The ship works in the same way

The extreme Good/Bad/Whatever Lol dialogue types responses with are the same.

Meh.

:edit: Come to think of it, on KotOR had more than a little plot about an ancient creator race which was supposed to have invented a lot of the tech used in Star Wars, including hyperspace travel. This race mysteriously disappeared millenia ago, but left star maps as clues to unlocking some of their ancient secrets. Sounds kinda familiar.

Angrak

Novice
Not that the female is great or anything but I agree the male shep is about the most retarded character to come to computer gaming. The voicing is probably part of it but he just looks like a fucking idiot, which I guess is the only way he'd do or say any of the shit in the game. maybe it's supposed to be a comedy?

Johannes said:
Virtual Vice said:
This fucking bioware standard of seducing and "fucking" your female companions just makes me sick, its just despicable.

I mean think about it, think about all those young males who are into PC rpg's, all those younglings which are going to grow up thinking all you have to do to seduce a female is to follow a consistent set pattern of approaches and giver her the right gifts at the right times!

Think of all those innocent young male souls who will only value women as sexual objects, that will grow up believing that most women are actually happy to be regarded as mere sex objects, and whose affection can be "unlocked" like in some kind pre scripted game sequence!!!

Its just revolting. I mean way back when ME1 came out I saw this piece about it on Fox and this really nice, intelligent ( and quite attractive) lady really opened my eyes to this problem. They had invited this other person to discuss the matter but all he could talk was about "innovation" and "choices and consequences".

We must see beyond that, we must say NO to more bioware crap that distorts our nations's young males judgement and appreciation of the fair sex, and undermines the possibility for meangingful, lasting and deep relationships with women. Bioware is tearing at the very fabric of our societies.
And to make matters worse, the gay romances will make them treat their fellow men as mere sex objects as well

Of all the stupid thing parent groups complain about I'm surprised no one makes a stink that their children are never more than three clicks from gaying it up.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
me31293136994529.png

SAGO

Barely Literate
THEY CARE ABOUT ROMANCES BECAUSE THEY ARE FAGGOTS.

THE PCG STAFF ARE FOREVER ALONE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom